Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:44:10 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Druids
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Druids  (Read 21005 times)
Lizzy
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2006, 02:09:39 am »

And about the detect potions yes i have found some and even with haggle 9900 silver a wack get kinda costly specilay for a rank 10+ when they step into that pk world!

Any potions are costly for low ranks I guess. But I guess the issue for druids isn't the cost factor - but that they are supposed to be herbalists? Really, they are a bit like a ranger/invoker yet they know very little herbal skills except the gather, forage, and curative. Again, I think herbs should be just visible and known to druids.

(Klash, read your personal messages here please? And I like your pic Smiley  )
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2006, 04:11:49 am »

Detect invis potions in kalaman arent that expensive.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Matthew

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2006, 07:27:11 am »

detect invis potions elsewhere are also even cheaper
There are staves and potions about to be FOUND that grant detect invisible you need not buy them.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Lizzy
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2006, 01:43:28 pm »

But what's the point of being a druid - herbalist - if you can't have an eye to find in the forest, herbs to create for all occasions? Poisons even Cheesy You can find things to eat, and you have pass door. So why can't a druid/ranger find herbs for invisible? And things like that?
Matthew

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2006, 03:16:59 pm »

No one can! Excepting invokers who can make det invis potions with brew ive been told but i have never found the component cause ive never really looked.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Gena

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 03:19:48 pm »

About druids: i do not think they realy need hidden movement, it would be much better to get some skills to find short trails, some sort of gate within one forest.
<find path> target but without falling out of treeform.
I think druids and rangers should spend 1 movement to walk through the forest.
And alarm ... maybe some spell that will allow druid to see any kind of invis, camo and so one within one forest ? Let's say the trees will inform him about any living creature. maybe 'eyes of woods ' spell ?
Druid help forests and forests should help him too, i think. Maybe some help from animals, branches, roots ? Let's say during battle a wolf jump out bushes and bites the target, or trees help with their branches to block incoming attacks maybe even disarming the target. And roots, they can trip enemy of their guardian.
Druid should be more defended in the forest as he has no harm reduction skills/spells
eleazar
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2006, 04:02:49 pm »

'eye of woods' implemented in warders... with name 'plant tree' Smiley
(ouch i can feel cold eyes of imms glaring angry at me for revealing one secret, though most of players already know for that...)
barksin helps them to defend in forests...
so druids are ok now... remember that they did not have standoff few days ago...

potion of det invis is 100 gold in kalaman, but it is rumoured there is 15 gold potion in Nethosak.

Druids can gather herbs to heal poison and plague. I made level 38 healing herb with cure serious, cure poison, cure plague Smiley

Regarding  di potions, there is a chance to solve that problem with yet undone alchemy skill. For example, forst rank potions as we know are armor and lesser strength. Second rank could be shield and giant strength, and third detect invis and invis... Forth maybe heal curse, and consecrate (though this one shoud be quite expensive, lets say 30-40 takhisis herbs.. ;-)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 04:04:55 pm by eleazar » Logged
Matthew

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2006, 01:03:00 am »

I dont like the proffessions, anyone can take them. Things like this should be available only to specific classes eg. some clerics, druids and abjurers etc and maybe rangers. Each with thier own set of potions they can brew. One thing i noticed here is the massive lack of trade, right now invokers pretty much hold all the cards being able to brew hastes VERY cheaply and with next to no effort when really a brew system like apothecary brew should be implimented for each classes chosen, but not everyone. What outcast would bother making protective potions? I can see an outcast or assassin making poisons, but not protective and restorative potions.

Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2006, 04:14:19 pm »

Matthew, don't worry. Crafting system is under construction. Current one will be removed and replaced with completely other engine.
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 07:55:39 pm »

And matthew, really it makes prefect sense for outcast or assassin to brew protective and restorative potions. Just because they are evil does not mean they do not need protection, and what better way to get it than through dark magic?

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Proph

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2006, 11:35:19 pm »

I can see an outcast or assassin making poisons, but not protective and restorative potions.
Hehehehe. Not all of them have phantasmal armor, some of them have to brew/buy potions.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Matthew

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2006, 02:20:21 am »

I can see an assassin buying protective potions. Not gathering herbs to brew them. You know, he is interested only in stealth and killing his target quickly. Not a full frontal assult requiring greater defences.

sio

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 09:27:35 am »

.. this object, an iron-wood shilleigh, is a staff,
   and can be referred to as 'staff shilleigh'.
It is of 34th level, weighs 5 pounds, and is worth 29 gold.
It glows with a soft light, hums faintly and sheds a magical aura.
Only druids can use it.
It deals 6d8 damage (averaging at 27).
Its attacks take the form of force of nature.
It is designed to be used with two hands.
When worn, it
   modifies damage roll by 7
   modifies hit roll by 7

hei,druid's staff,it's useles,probably we need to add something like:

When worn, it
      modifies mana regeneration by 2
      modifies hp regeneration by 2

zondra

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 12:41:36 pm »

staff is great. the problem is in form you don't carry over spells or skills. which makes tanking in form pointless, I have a ton of ideas on druids but none of them involve the staff
bluesky

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2014, 12:46:11 pm »

there is already oaken staff with mana regen and other greath suplements, druid only.
Shilleigh is useful, at least when your items vaporise, you have someting to rely on. And especially now, when it doesn't crumble, it opens a wide variety of useful things for it, like for example, level 35 makes shilleigh and then help to level 10 druid to not worry about great weapon Wink

"Come to the edge," he said.
They said, "We are afraid".
They come, he pushed them...
and they flew.
zondra

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 01:11:24 pm »

Force of nature is energy attack, most are hurt by, id other staffs that is high avg
bluesky

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 01:26:27 pm »

Form is useful for leveling and midd ranks pk. Greater form can heal self, and deal damage which is unique. On higher ranks, it seems pk is better when out of form. You have sunray and other things.

They said, "We are afraid".
They come, he pushed them...
and they flew.
zondra

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 01:59:14 pm »

Yea form learned from book hurt by fire and tearing attack only does one hit, manicore tigering etc o two hits with chance of blind
zondra

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2014, 12:34:39 am »

from what i see in greater wolf form you can't walk in camo you step out every step. is this bug?
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2014, 11:13:47 pm »

Tear has only 1 turn lag.
Rake has 2 turns lag.

So damage over time is rougly the same, but tear has a huge advantage in PK for hunting people down.
If you are hunting someone, you do not want to attack with 2 turn lag command. I had much more success using murder during persecutions in manticore form, rather then rake.

As for camo with greater wolf: have you compared results from naturally sneaky races against non-sneaky races (elves vs gnomes)?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 11:15:52 pm by omledufromage » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length