Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:34:08 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  A couple of ideas regarding items...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A couple of ideas regarding items...  (Read 7424 times)
Proph

« on: March 28, 2006, 02:36:17 am »

1- Could we implement a system that makes the really SUPER FREAKING good eq decay after a very long time (maybe 3000-5000 hours that only counts down when they are playing)? I'm talking about things that are always gone like: healing shield, chromatic eq, strange bracers, or writhing tentacle-- not just common limited items.  Even if only the 20 or so best items in the game had a decay feature, I think it would help a fair amount. Currently one person will get the chrom eq or some other super-powerful item and hold it until their char has con/age death or they forget to log on. Changing things up could definitely help cycle the items around and make exploration more exciting + super-nice eq would not be limited to the gopas with OOC friends.

2- I also think the locate obj spell should be changed a bit. Yes locate relic manual is here, and a few people in the realms really do have it, but for everyone else the locate spell really sucks. You can locate the same things at like rank 14 as hero rank so what's the point? When you are hero+ there is no sense in locating skirt of linked chains or dark leather bracers. I think the normal locate spell should let you find at least semi-powerful limited items (maybe it could be based on the level of the item or spell it casts).

*Casts "resist fire" in anticipation of the flames....*

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 02:39:29 am »

1) I don't think it makes sense. Instead, we're going to
         a) add new areas with new shinies
         b) update eq in old areas (there are a lot of TOUGH mobs with outdated/crappy EQ)

2) Not sure about this. Let's hear comments.
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 02:45:16 am »

Actually, I have a huge desire to replace all obviously crappy items with something useful.
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 02:45:43 am »

1 - no sense, this will just adds more annoying, decays->go and kill->go and kill again. Or even impossible to get, from Edge or somewhere else. Anyway its barely possible to explore there.

2 - I'm already realize this and didn't even practice this crappy spell with my couple mages
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 02:47:02 am »

Actually, I have a huge desire to replace all obviously crappy items with something useful.

It would be nice, sure if you have enough smart builders or/and imms  Grin
Proph

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 02:52:29 am »

a) add new areas with new shinies
         b) update eq in old areas (there are a lot of TOUGH mobs with outdated/crappy EQ)

Awesome! I was actually just thinking about this the other day. I hated, ABSOLUTELY hated spending 30 mins real time to kill the palanthas lord-mayor to find out his eq is not even worth wearing at the 20th rank.

Decay feature I thought made sense, because as I remember there used to be some powerful item (healing maybe) you could win from gambler and it would decay. I thought the same Idea should apply, but the decay time is REALLLLY long.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 02:55:34 am »

Well, its ok for a crappy mob to have some crappy stuff. But major mobs should have something major, shouldn't they?

What I propose - make a special topic and post there such obvious inconsistencies (strong mob / crappy stuff, compared to stuff of mobs of similar strength), I'll try to fix that up immediately.
Werewolf
Premium Member

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 02:53:02 pm »

About locate object, I think it should be made more powerful again. In current state it is almost useless. The manual doesn't help much, as it is too rare.
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 03:17:26 pm »

Excellent to hear about nice equipment from nice mobs and old area rework.

About locate relic - manual is not so rare... I and Iwari found it and I saw it two more times.
But yes, manuals need to repop faster.

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Matthew

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 08:42:47 pm »

Yay, i hate killing some big mob and getting some crappy gear with -4 dex on it!
Im bought Elder scrolls Oblivion by the way so all my gear's will probably be up for grabs soon Grin

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
shappa
Premium Member

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 02:09:32 pm »

I suggest stone pendant on a short chain to be lowered first of all.

It was always nonsense such weak hermit in such easy place, where are no aggro mobs, wich is really close to main cities to have such an uber pendant.

shappa
Premium Member

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 02:14:11 pm »

Also i'd recommend to implement the whole new stats of eq, idea about skills/spells and pwipe in same time.

So it would be kinda new solace.
shappa
Premium Member

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 02:15:33 pm »

And new areas, of course.

Main thing is not to let someone now new eq/area/different secrets before anybody else. So we all play after pwipe on equal terms.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length