Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:43:31 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Wyrmling caverns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wyrmling caverns  (Read 7422 times)
Aereth
« on: July 31, 2006, 01:33:54 am »

Utterly crappy area that is obviously designed to cure the lack of unlimited saves equipment in Solace. Just caverns and wyrmlings and items. Nothing more. So I have a few questions.

1) Where are the wyrms that bred the wyrmlings to spice up bounty hunter's life? (I mean, why the area is so simple?)
2) Why would I f*ck my brain out to get items that has same or little better stats in strong areas like Demonlord's Tomb, Silvanesti Forest, Obsidian Castle etc.? If I can walk some 30 cells from Palanthas and get a fine set of unlimited equipment? Look at anyone below 25th rank and you see all the wyrmling set on him/her. Because there's no alternative.

Let's compare.

.. this object, a pair of gloves made of blue wyrmling's scale, is armor,
   and can be referred to as 'blue wyrmling scale gloves'.
It is of 12th level, weighs 2 pounds, and is worth 4 gold.
You can wear it on your hands.
It sheds a magical aura.
It is fireproof and resists corrosion.
Armor class bonus: 0 vs pierce, 0 vs bash, 0 vs slash, and 0 vs magic.
When worn, it
   modifies fortitude save by 2
   modifies damage roll by 2
   modifies strength by 1
   modifies mana by 10
   modifies health by 10

Compare with this:

Object 'gauntlets ogre power' is type armor, extra flags glow.
Weight is 8, value is 10000, level is 21.
restrict flags none.
Armor class is 6 pierce, 6 bash, 6 slash, and 6 vs. magic
Affects armor class by -11.
Affects hit roll by 2.
Affects damage roll by 3.
Affects strength by 3.

Remember that wyrmling hits you with "grazes", and that ogre - with "***DEVASTATES***". Gauntlets with nearly the same stats can be found on Obsidian Commander (completely crazy mob that isn't easily accessed), on the black dragon in Dragonarmy camp (no comments).

I can provide lots of examples for any slot wyrmling equipment is designed for. What about risking your life in Dargaard to obtain leggings that are _slightly_ better than wyrmling ones?

It is true that Solace needs such equipment, but not in one little area on weak mobs. And the equipment held by wicked mobiles ought to have wicked stats.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:35:44 am by Aereth » Logged
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:40:05 am »

Well, you missed the fact that wyrmling sleeves are fireproof and corrosion proof so that means no-no to heat metal and nasty acid blasts... Grin But i agree with you, nearly unkillabe mobs should have items that should make one next to nearly unkillable... Wink Check out the big bad wyrm in the bottom... So far, i wasn't able to kill him 'cause his ground control is almost like that one of Quino's nightmare...

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Aereth
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 01:49:34 am »

Resuming things said above. Solace needs most of its areas to be reworked, in order to modify items so that they become useful. Lots of areas were imported from Diku or other MUDs and items there do not fulfill Solace. There are lots of crappy items nearly everywhere. Except, perhaps, Edge, and some of the newly designed areas (Tomb of the Demonlord, etc.) Even in Netherworld there're tons of crap.

Just recall how many times you slew a tough mobile somewhere, grab at its possessions, identify them and yell "What a f*cking crap! There's no justice!"

P.S.

Now tell me that I'm a f*cking powerseeker.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:52:17 am by Aereth » Logged
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 02:03:55 am »

No no, you are right. I was really upset to ident armors from unholy champion or greater ghoul in Nether; or stuff from Malaclypse, etc. Nightfall still contains tons of crap.

Resuming - ALL old areas need harsh reworking.

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Aereth
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 02:29:12 am »

The question is - who will do it?
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 04:18:05 am »

I guess those with enough time and imagination...

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Hiddukel
Immortal

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 01:12:05 am »

Working as fast as the beer allows me  Sad
Sirrion

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 11:38:14 am »

It's very easy to yell and shout "it's f*cking sh*t and crap", and it's very hard to do something. Such posts are ignored now and in the future, not because they are stating false things, but because they are written in disrespectful manner.

И поэтому я так бегу по дороге
С патефоном волшебным в тележке своей.
Raider
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 11:58:05 am »

Learn to read, Sirry Smiley .  Its pretty nonoffensive post.
master
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 04:06:46 pm »

Actually, that gloves are pure newbie eq. They do give none ac, which is crap.
I know place where you can find much much better things for newbies, they are luying on the ground, you dont even have to fight for it ,hehe.
Wyrmling gloves are pure newb eq because it gives only 2 dam, 10hp, 10mn.
Gauntlets of ogre strength are much better, because it gives at least -17ac if you are spellcaster or -35ac to fighter class (which means bonus 2% resistance to all). Dam and hitroll are bigger and +3 str gives you ensurance against plague, poison and other -str affects (ie slightly uncomfortable thing when you drop weapon because of low str). Besides ogre has more  important eq, thats why it is tougher mob. He has nice axe average 25 if i remember well. Quite tough mob for <hero chars.
And *DEVASTATES* is very relative because if you have good resistance to phisical damage it is only maims Smiley.
I met some 40% of tough mobs with crap eq. Well, lot of them prolly had good eq, but it was already taken Smiley. Of course, it is a bit disappointment when you dont find autocasting life rendering item Wink(Good example for this is when i killed ice dragon first time, it had no horns; the second time i was more sucessful, but only to realise that autocasting horns are antineutral  Undecided). It took me 1 hour each time, 'wounding' with pugil Smiley). But it is obvious that all tough mobs cant have good eq, it would be too much good eq (some would say there is never too much of it Smiley).  On the other hand, if you do not find any strong item, then fight with tough mob is good exercise. Perhaps instead of new unique eq, if i  solely slay very tough mobs (lets say 1-2 h fight Smiley) i would more like to get one unique title Smiley 'Slayer of Ariakas' or 'Assasin of Lord Mayor'.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 04:20:47 pm by master » Logged
Aereth
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 07:25:09 am »

Sirrion.

If I wished to offend you, I'd offend you in a more direct way than blaming an area of your authorship. Anyway, the choice of getting offended or not is totally under your own responsibility.

Raider has got the point.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 11:56:54 am by Sirrion » Logged
Sirrion

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 11:56:39 am »

Dear Aereth,
if a man offends another man not wishing it, he says 'sorry'.

To you and any future man who requires special attention and thinks he has right to say "Solace needs", don't wish to disappoint you, but this right is reserved to Immortals. I'm sorry, but there is no other way to special attention. If you do wish it, contact me via ICQ and I'll tell you the prerequisites.

As for wyrmlingskin equipment, I'd like it to stay just where it's at for now. You can argue, though. But, arguing with me requires taking my rules of arguing. They are very simple:
- No vulgar language;
- No offending personalities;
- Arguments, facts and nothing more. Well, a bit of humor is accepted though.

If you don't like these points, please don't bother me and yourself by pointless speeches.

This board is for English-speaking, I've deleted Russian from your post.

И поэтому я так бегу по дороге
С патефоном волшебным в тележке своей.
Aereth
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 11:05:50 pm »

Dear Aereth,
if a man offends another man not wishing it, he says 'sorry'.

Dear Sirrion. I am not responsible for your emotions. That's why I won't apologize for things I haven't done.

To you and any future man who requires special attention and thinks he has right to say "Solace needs", don't wish to disappoint you, but this right is reserved to Immortals.

By stating that 'Solace needs something' I declare my private opinion. I don't have to be an Immortal to have a right to declare my opinion here at the forums.

I'm sorry, but there is no other way to special attention. If you do wish it, contact me via ICQ and I'll tell you the prerequisites.

I am sure I don't want immortalship.

As for wyrmlingskin equipment, I'd like it to stay just where it's at for now. You can argue, though. But, arguing with me requires taking my rules of arguing. They are very simple:
- No vulgar language;
- No offending personalities;
- Arguments, facts and nothing more. Well, a bit of humor is accepted though.

If you don't like these points, please don't bother me and yourself by pointless speeches.

Arguing with you on this topic means loss of time. We speak different languages. I declared my opinion, you are free to agree or disagree with it, and there's nothing to argue about.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 11:08:54 pm by Aereth » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length