Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:58:38 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  A sack full of...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A sack full of...  (Read 4954 times)
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« on: April 26, 2007, 01:01:35 am »

ideas! Grin
For assassins: I propose to make them more RP oriented, shadows should be evil, seasons good, and beasts neutral... also, I think that each style should have some kind of special automatic attack, like the way it was in DoE...
Rangers: according to the chosen affinity, rangers should gain new skills: rangers with bear affinity should gain crush, wolf rangers 50% of an additional attack, bison -regeneration, etc...
Also, the animal call should allow the ranger to call the animals to match his affinity, and those animals should have some sort of special attack...

Rangers
 Outdoorsmen, hunters, masters of woodcraft, Rangers are the guardians of
   the forests. In addition to having excellent fighting skills, they are
   also wielders of some minor magic.

If they possess excellent fighting skills where is recovery? Even the most despised class - thief - has it...

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 09:04:13 am »

Assassins in DoE don't have any kind of automatic attack.

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Raider
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 11:14:47 am »

Counterstrike
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 07:28:10 pm »

good ideas...maybe balance better that a counter occurs only with weapons the assassin is skilled in. ie. sword, dagger, hand to hand etc.  Should be a neutral assassin as well since an assassin for hire would fit that rp.  maybe for whip flail specced ranger remove . pull or weaken choke and give a damaging skill since sword specs have more, cross , flurry etc.  call it double crack ..heh only usable duel wielding whips or flails.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 12:38:28 am »

Quino, when using tiger style, DoE assassins were able to perform a series of weak attacks - something like righteous warfare but infinitely weaker... And those attacks were not a part of any skilll...
Not to mention flurry which was able to put the bleeding affect on the victim.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 12:41:22 am by deda » Logged

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Raider
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 04:37:24 am »

those are monks, not assassins.
Kolin
Premium Member

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 12:45:51 am »

Diversity is the best part of the game. Branching each class is a great idea. Such as thief subs, and ranger ones as well. A long time ago the game got carried away for a brief time with diversity and it was ruined. (spheres for priests, knight subs, ranger, druid subs)

ideas! Grin
For assassins: I propose to make them more RP oriented, shadows should be evil, seasons good, and beasts neutral

I do not think assassins should be neutral. I remember back in the day there was a kender assassin that was neutral and that caused enough problems. Assassins should remain in opposition. Good vs Evil.

Rangers are a great idea. Increase effects of affinity and alter animal call. Weak single animal-> weak double-> strong single -> strong double.
Manual of the wild might have to be tweaked to avoid overpower. Recovery does not seem neccessary, but wild fam should grant them same affect. You know grabs a branch to avoid falling.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length