Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:17:42 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  A strange one
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A strange one  (Read 8738 times)
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« on: May 06, 2007, 09:13:50 pm »

I'm not sure if this one is fresh at all, but since i haven't seen it so far i'll just try...
The idea is to adjust racial stats to fit the class purposes. Example: a mino cleric with strength 25 wants to have more int or wis. He loses points strength points and those points are distibutted to int and/or wisdom. It makes more logic that those who spend their days praying, etc... are not as strong as those who spend all day fighting, exercising, having fun... Smiley In my opinion, a character should be able to distribute 3 points max, IF he/she choses so...
You may start tomatoing me, I need vitamins  Cool

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 10:54:42 pm »

-(dodges produce) Yeah this will hit some resistance, but I can offer a suggestion.  I think you'd have to take a hit somehow, maybe trade two points for one and only at creation.  And max at 25 for any attribute.  So as a mino cleric drop to 23 str for 1 wisd maybe. p.s.  this would angry humans prolly since thats their thing.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Illieta
High Member

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 04:23:19 am »

I bet this is not going to happen ever Smiley
deda

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 05:01:43 pm »

I know... It's because it makes sense and is RP-ish, right?

Make yourself all honey

Illieta
High Member

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 05:44:35 pm »

No.
It is obviously non RP-ish, does not make much sense, brings more disbalance to solace and sounds like I want my mino cler to have more mana or whatever benefit it will get.

RP-point, I see minos as agressive military society where is strength and honor standing at the first place. So mino healer is not going to spend all his time in praying. First of all he is MINOTAUR strong, big and dumb Smiley and only in a second he is a healer.

Balance: Should I really explain that part?
Sense: So what will be with elf warrior? Give me more strength my make him dumber? And so on. Take any race and profession.. do you have an idea what to do with them? Or you just want to *fix* mino healers? Smiley
deda

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 06:47:28 pm »

Hmm, it's not about minos at all... It's about the choice of class affecting your stats... And yes, i see no logic, why should all mino characters in the world have the SAME stats, being warriors, priests, rangers or outcasts. If i train for a mountain-climbing wouldn't that make me more agile and flexible than you? Then why shouldn't it be seen in stats?

Make yourself all honey

Kage

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 07:13:40 pm »

-rp way to explain this not happening may be that minotaurs, gnomes etc lack the genetic diveristy of say humans.  So they can study or climb all their life but their mind or body cannot re-evolve in one lifetime. 
       One alternative could be a half-minotaur ...ill.  possible stats str 22 int 16 wisd 18 dex 18 con 21 then +2 to primary stat of guild.  loss half phys resist, all fire vuln. is lost  and lose all minotaur automaxing of skills and no skill deathblow.
  and of course horns become fawn nubs  Wink

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
deda

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 07:30:40 pm »

But why should immortals invent a whole new race just to allow people play characters which stats they chose to play with? So gnomes, who live 800 years are less flexible than humans who live only 80? Why should only humans have the choice of +3 to a main stat? Why aren't the players allowed to have like 3 stat points at the creation and let them decide which stat(s) will they make primary? And one more thing: I don't have a mino cleric, nor i ever play minos, so why do you keep up with that mino stuff? I just took minos as example. This should be implementable for all the races...

Make yourself all honey

Illieta
High Member

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 07:40:42 pm »

Can you write logic of such change and balance classes after that ? Smiley It is f*cking a lot of work and solace ALREADY has VERY f*ckING BAD balance. I think Imms should focus on things that really need a change rather than bring more disbalance into a game, even if it "makes sense" and "rp-ish" Smiley
p.s. I've never player mino healers also  Grin
deda

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 09:32:18 pm »

I don't know if it too much work or not, 'cause I'm a school teacher, not a coder. The logic comes from everyday life: teachers are more eloquent, politicians less intelligent... Basically, you are what you practice, train, use... And there's no need for harsh language... It's only an idea.... Tongue

Make yourself all honey

Illieta
High Member

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 10:03:01 pm »

I am sorry for harsh language... I had visit to my dentist.. so you know.. Smiley I am a bit angry Smiley
Kolin
Premium Member

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 03:47:13 am »

It is a poor idea for a simple reason. Why have race at all if you can adjust stats to conform to whatever you wish? Why play any race at all if you can have whatever stats suit it best. You may come back and say that would help roleplay, because it would allow for rarer race/class combos like dwarven assasin or gnomish thief. But it won't. It will just flood realms with sh*tty roleplayed dwarf assassins. The reason to play unique combos is for roleplay reasons. And sometimes people can make them very effective.

The second reason is everyone, I probably would as well, would just crank out some drac or mino fighter with even more dex and less wis/int. It would be gross and it's not hard to see how the balance of realms would fare.
Illieta
High Member

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 04:34:26 am »

It is a poor idea for a simple reason. Why have race at all if you can adjust stats to conform to whatever you wish? Why play any race at all if you can have whatever stats suit it best. You may come back and say that would help roleplay, because it would allow for rarer race/class combos like dwarven assasin or gnomish thief. But it won't. It will just flood realms with sh*tty roleplayed dwarf assassins. The reason to play unique combos is for roleplay reasons. And sometimes people can make them very effective.

The second reason is everyone, I probably would as well, would just crank out some drac or mino fighter with even more dex and less wis/int. It would be gross and it's not hard to see how the balance of realms would fare.

Cosign
deda

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 01:08:00 am »

Racial skills/resists would remain the same... I know there are 4 types of dracos in DL books, duergars, gully dwarfs etc... There is no such diversity in the mud. And the crappy assassins are no more due to assassinate skill's uselessness. Now we are left with only crappy cleavers. Wink

Make yourself all honey

Illieta
High Member

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 02:52:35 am »

Racial skills/resists would remain the same... I know there are 4 types of dracos in DL books, duergars, gully dwarfs etc... There is no such diversity in the mud. And the crappy assassins are no more due to assassinate skill's uselessness. Now we are left with only crappy cleavers. Wink

I think assassinate is almost useless now and it should be reviewed Smiley
Kage

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 03:18:57 am »

agreed-  off topic idea in 3 2 1 ... How about different assassinate for each wayfollow  Beast - no prep time, low percentage autokill..but high damage(same or a bit lower then now) and assassinate guard for some time. must be hidden of course and after succesful strangle maybe.  Seasonal -2 hour prep time must not be seen of course...same percentage as it is now for autokill but perhaps gives more debuffs (bleeding, sap stamina something) Shadow - since seems most suited for the dark art has same prep time as now, relatively higher percentage of autokill then now, and possible lag if not overpowered with higher percentage.
 something like that anyway with all other factors the same for all types. 
      (listens for cheers.....expects boos)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length