Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:35:36 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Who
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Who  (Read 17120 times)
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

Who
« on: October 24, 2005, 11:00:05 am »

I propose the who good and who evil and who neutral commands be removed from the game. It irritates me that someone can just type who whatever and see your alignment, makes for bad rp. It should be left to roleplay to learn the alignment of someone. Open up new means for battles to occure, such as, say, two humans talking, agree to meet for possible ranking, come to find out one is knight and one is outcast knight, they suddenly in same room and BAM! All chaos breaks loose. I just think those commands really need to be taken away. Plus, totaly obliterates need for detect good and detect evil spells of clerics, makes them pointless. Make those spells useful again.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Sirrion

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 11:11:09 am »

Agree. Same with who lawful and who chaotic...

И поэтому я так бегу по дороге
С патефоном волшебным в тележке своей.
jemma
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 11:25:58 am »

Totally agree with removing it also. Smiley
Agree. Same with who lawful and who chaotic...
Didn't know you could do that though Cheesy
jAx
Lifetime Member

Kingdoms are forged by war...

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 11:46:23 am »

I agree

Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.
Antarex
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 01:12:55 pm »

Really, In every RPG it should be removed, because its much better to ask every time about "path he or she follows" than simply type "who good(evil)" to bind PK aliases. Now it really helps in random-pk to have something like reason to kill, but is that we really need here?  Wink
Werewolf
Premium Member

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 02:14:56 pm »

That is better about it? You shall add another standard non-roleplay question to the list of them.
Instead of "Hi! What is your rank and guild?" we will get "Hello! Which path do you follow?", as it was some time ago.

Imagine you asking all the people you meet around about their phylosophical beliefs before any other discussions. And the knowledge obtained from 'who good/evil' commands could be roleplayed as, for instance, rumors heard about the person. You do not get his/her role precisely from the rumors, but rather 'general overview', which is exactly his/her align and ethos.
Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 04:12:49 pm »

I'd prefere being asked which path I follow, cause then I have the chance to not answer. But without it, anyone and everyone knows my alignment, ethos, race, can probably judge my class...its rediculous to know all that just by ooc info. Those who skills should all be ripped out. Who,who newbie, and who (clanname) shold be the only ones available.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Hiddukel
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 07:06:51 pm »

AGREE
Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 08:43:07 pm »

Hiddukel or Chemosh? Any thoughts?

master
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 12:09:26 am »

I agree too, but then imms should insist that descriptions contain alignment of person.
Btw even 'who' command alone is not roleplay, right?
jemma
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 12:58:43 am »

You cannot tell alignment of a person from there description. Some are obvious of course, by the race.  RP is about conversation, getting to know that person by talking, asking. Not by .. who evil who good who neut.

If we look at someone .. can we tell what they are really like? Not always.

Actually, why not make it really interesting, and remove ...

****** the female elf. Cheesy Our race Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 01:00:15 am by Jemma » Logged
jAx
Lifetime Member

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 07:37:41 am »

I agree too, but then imms should insist that descriptions contain alignment of person.

We have no sight in this game so it is like the only way to notish if others are in the realms.  Also the who command is kinda like calling someone...you just know they are there and they don't want to answer when you send them something

jemma
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 07:45:43 am »

who

YoQuieroTacoGod
Lord Flirr
Niano
Invisible man

Keep who yes. But just remove race and alignments Cheesy
Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 08:34:01 am »

Thats rediculous. Can you look at a human and tell what his intentions are, what his beliefs are, simply by his outward appearence, excluding the sign given to clerics? Sometimes you can guess, by perhaps the robes they wear, or the armor they carry, or weapons they use, but you would say, oh, yes, blond hair, green eyes, oh, yep, hes a lawful good transmuter...just doesn't work like that.

Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 08:45:24 am »

who

YoQuieroTacoGod
Lord Flirr
Niano
Invisible man

Keep who yes. But just remove race and alignments Cheesy
I hope you're kidding, yes?
Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 08:48:48 am »

No, there were some idiots on earlier with those names...sad really, people have to be that dumb. HUH FLIRR?...*growls menacingly* He's a bit under the influence, i apologize on his dumb stupid behalf.

jemma
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 08:51:26 am »

No, there were some idiots on earlier with those names...sad really, people have to be that dumb. HUH FLIRR?...*growls menacingly* He's a bit under the influence, i apologize on his dumb stupid behalf.

Maybe the question was aimed more at my suggestion of removing race and alingments from the who Smiley
Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2005, 08:55:31 am »

I think race would be good to remove as well, opens so much more for roleplay and many more possibilities. Perhaps let only newbies see race of other newbies. To keep it simple.

jemma
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 08:57:20 am »

Thats rediculous. Can you look at a human and tell what his intentions are, what his beliefs are, simply by his outward appearence, excluding the sign given to clerics? Sometimes you can guess, by perhaps the robes they wear, or the armor they carry, or weapons they use, but you would say, oh, yes, blond hair, green eyes, oh, yep, hes a lawful good transmuter...just doesn't work like that.

I see a well dressed man, wearing double breasted suit, light grey. His hair is combed back, smoothly, and it shines with cleanness. The smile on his face is enticing, sensual even, with an aluring look of lust. (obviously looking at you Niano Wink  )

So, from that, what can you determine? He is a banker? A lover? Pimp? Policeman on his day off? A fireman? Man about to be married?

What you may not see is the pistol strapped beneath his jacket (his violin case was too bulky to carry up the street).

By looking, even doing who's who in the zoo should not tell you who they are, only names ... like, who is on board the ship.

I think race would be good to remove as well, opens so much more for roleplay and many more possibilities. Perhaps let only newbies see race of other newbies. To keep it simple.

Problem there is they would tell their high playing friends OOC Wink etc etc
jAx
Lifetime Member

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 09:02:06 am »

I wasn't on that sh*t Niano, what the f*ck you talking about, I may be under the influence but I wasn't on solace till you asked...dum dum

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length