Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:59:14 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Some thoughts about preparations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Some thoughts about preparations  (Read 15872 times)
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« on: November 03, 2005, 02:06:12 am »

For a long time I thinking about preps for PK fights, and about easy-to-get preps. Lets start.

1. First of all its easy-to-get sanctuare. Why anyone who can kill crappy red dragon and can use staves can use gods powers? My suggestions remove sanctuare spell at all from no gods empowered chars (clerics/knights), especially from abjurer. Replace sanctuare with something more magically (magic protection, any idea?), but less powerfull, and make it very very hard to get! (make it limited at least). Only empowered classes can use white/black auras, knights already have reduced sancuate (protectorate), *bows* to Kiri.

2. Stone skin. From the one side if anyone can get potion with stone skin so noone have advantage, from the other side I cannot imagine fighter who can quaffing bubbling potions to make his skin stony right before fight. I thought that this potions for melee based class gives more advantage than for the spellcasters/defensive class. Suggestions: remove stone skin from potions and make it more hard to get that simple go&buy.

3. Armor/Shield etc. These spells completely useless for now, gives only some armor? I’m unsure.

4. About fly. Fly is very easy to get, you can rush to nearest shop and simple buy it for a very low price, maybe increase price? With cheap fly potions thief cannot trip-to-death, and easy-to-get fly makes trip useless skill.

5. Invisible, useless spell, only against herecy applicant.

Lets discuss! Something must be changed.
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 02:13:41 am »

About fly. Fly is very easy to get, you can rush to nearest shop and simple buy it for a very low price, maybe increase price? With cheap fly potions thief cannot trip-to-death, and easy-to-get fly makes trip useless skill
I agree at this point.

Invisibility, fly and preparation stuff should be reworked somehow. The question is.. how. There are many ways.
Sir Solan
Premium Member

Champion of Light

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 02:15:43 am »

Well, just a few comments to add...

1. Firstly, red dragon orbs are limited Roll Eyes (You said at least make it limited).  Secondly, if you remove sanctuary from abjurers, they're left with...almost nothing.  In that case, they should be given an offensive spell of at least reasonable power, even if they get some reduced sanc. (Something like prismatic spray?).  Also, sanctuary can be gotten from a little quest at ~level 25 alone in potion form, so anyone can get it...for a short time.

3.  Armor is useful Roll Eyes Have 50 armor, and then have 500 armor, and see how it changes a fight, hmm? (If you didn't know, armor affects resistances Smiley)

4.  I agree fly is somewhat too easy to get, but it shouldn't be incredibly hard either.  The disadvantage to making it very hard is that people who play alone won't get it without a lot of trouble, and ooc friends can easily grab and stock it still.

5.  Invisible...is useful, against mobs who can't see invisible Wink

Overall, some preparations are too easy to get, I agree with that.  I would say, make preparations relatively difficult, though not impossible, but with short durations on their effects.  This way, others need to keep stocking potions of whatever, while someone who can cast just keeps it up, and rarely needs to even recast.
Also, what about some preparations to give abjurers awesome damage, like fighters can get sanc? Grin

The wizard who reads a thousand books is powerful.
The wizard who memorizes a thousand books is insane.
master
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 02:23:25 am »

Simple, if someone drinks potion of stone skin, just put some cooldown time of 1 hour before he can drikn another, and that is easy way to cut preparations to reasonable measure.
Removing of all preparations is also ok because classes itself should be able to protect themselves with their skills/spells.
I think preparations are making game easier only for some classes and it is unfair. there should not be any kind of very strong or ultimate spell in potions like hard skin.
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 02:28:46 am »

Note to Solan's comments.
Sanctuare from staves/wands/potions is bug  Wink
Armor is crap no matter gives it 50 ac or 40 ac  Roll Eyes
About invisible, this topic about pk preps  Wink
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 08:14:32 am »

May be you think that everybody in game can play pretty fine and can kill any creature by crappy char? You're wrong.

Removing of all preparations is also ok because classes itself should be able to protect themselves with their skills/spells.
I like when somebody who almost doesnt play, gives such advices. I always thought that solace is more single than command game.

Yes, may be preparations are not so hard to get, but anyway you can see many chars who are walking around almost without any spells-affects from potions/orbs.
That's my point of view, from non-elite in pk fights player.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 08:17:46 am by Nierth » Logged
unreal
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 08:34:54 am »

Well.. that man just can understand that easy-to-get preparations are nice  Wink
Just try to imagine pk without preparations? One round? or two? *pukes*
too simple.
I like long-time-PK - thats intresting and you'll get a lot of adrenalyne when your sanctuary for example will suddenly fade away when necromancer will attack you, or when you will fight alone against 3-4 persons and win will be yours..
Actually all of players have the same chances to get all preparations. Where is the problem?  Undecided
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 08:38:45 am »

Problem lies in that it takes away from the usefullness of certain classes. What is value of abjuration trans if everyone can get his same powers of sanc, harden skin, stone skin, fly, haste, displacement...invokers are quite valueable for ability to brew potions, where is value if anything they can brew, can be just as easily bought. It just doesn't make sense, almost all of these, especially ones like sance, harden skin, stoneskin, and displacement, should be removed completely, or damn hard to get.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 11:22:25 am »

Agree Niano, you understand me!
2 unreal:
If you like long-time-PK just try to get all these preps and get decent enemy not newbie without preps  Wink

2 Nierth:
Noone can travel to the Edge alone or to the Isle of Dead or to another such place, no matter with preps or no (only abjurer in astral  Wink or  crazy kender assassin  Cheesy)
unreal
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 02:24:48 pm »

heh.. its rarity to find such enemy  Tongue
master
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 02:36:56 pm »

May be you think that everybody in game can play pretty fine and can kill any creature by crappy char? You're wrong.
Priest of Mishakal cant kill creature even with stone skin and other preparations. Some classes are simply designed to be supporting and some classes to have firepower. I suppose that is idea of making people to group with others.  Except necromancers, of course, they can kill solo whatever they want.

I DON'T PLAY BECAUSE I CAN'T, NOT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO!

No,wait, i have better idea. Why affects from harden skin can not be acumulative, so if you drink 10 potions in same time, you can get -4000 ac? I think it would be good for everyone. How else i can kill kithkanan?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 02:40:43 pm by master » Logged
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 02:46:25 pm »

Priest of Mishakal cant kill creature even with stone skin and other preparations. Some classes are simply designed to be supporting and some classes to have firepower. I suppose that is idea of making people to group with others.  Except necromancers, of course, they can kill solo whatever they want.
Then why is so neccesary to remove preparation spells? Are there in realms too many transmuters? even orbs are almost gathered.
I DON'T PLAY BECAUSE I CAN'T, NOT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO!
Then stop tell that you will play when there are more than 25 people in solace. You are not  the only one who knows about this problem, no need to remind of it every day.
master
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 03:30:14 pm »

Then why is so neccesary to remove preparation spells? Are there in realms too many transmuters? even orbs are almost gathered.
You want hard skin and orbs because it makes game easier for you, no matter if that is making one transmuter or sancer less important? If you think mobs are tough, lower theirs hp by 50%, it would be equal to all. Or why you don't make potions which will give sancers enhanced damage and five attacks together with dual wield and toughen? Perhaps it would be really fair then. Make potions that will give sancers backstab, blackjack and parry, dodge, flourentine and stand off.
Then stop tell that you will play when there are more than 25 people in solace. You are not  the only one who knows about this problem, no need to remind of it every day.
It is true, some players that i know can replace any 25 other players, so i would still play even when number of players is less. I said that to make some pressure on immstuff. So, what are plans to get new players? First thing of all, how do you think you can let posible players to know about this mud? How? What is solace position in mudconnector list? New players look only in first 10-20 muds, they have no time to look some mud in 100th place. So there must be another way to introduce solace to them. I think on some banners like way to promote and introduce mud to other players. Sorry because of long post.

After all, i know almost all players who now plays, so i cant mercilessly kill them now, like i could before i met them. So new players are welcome because of that too Wink
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 03:37:01 pm by master » Logged
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 03:33:12 pm »

It is true, some players that i know can replace any 25 other players, so i would still play even when number of players is less. I use that to make some pressure on immstuff. So, what are plans to get new players? First thing of all, how do you think you can let posible players to know about this mud? How? What is solace position in mudconnector list? New players look only in first 10-20 muds, they have no time to look some mud in 100th place. So there must be another way to introduce solace to them. I think on some banners like way to promote and introduce mud to other players. Sorry because of long post.

Off Site coming this week, have some patience Smiley
master
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 03:43:08 pm »

Off Site coming this week, have some patience Smiley

Alright, but you still should do something like ask mudconector stuff to put banner of solace site for some time on their front page. There should also be a new helper who must be very experienced people, experienced enough to drop new player bite to get their attention but not to reveal all about game, so they can explore solo. It should be women in my opinion, because women have in their genes to give you piece by piece, never give you everything in start Tongue. I remember when i started for the first time, it was very tough. Don't to mention i got killed on entrance to emerald Tongue.
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 03:45:59 pm »

Well, I dont care about myself only. The game is hard for me sometimes anyway.
Second, preparations are the part of game, like mastering, fighting and role-playing. If it were added, no need to use sarcasm now. Can you please discuss it in normal way, without your
Why affects from harden skin can not be acumulative, so if you drink 10 potions in same time, you can get -4000 ac?
and
Make potions that will give sancers backstab, blackjack and parry, dodge, flourentine and stand off

At last, why do you think that you have rights to press? I think Imms know about problems and work on it. No need to think that you are the only one who cares, please.
By the way we can get an access on WebMoney, will _you_ share some money if you want (As I remember it was your idea with money)? After that we will be able to advertise solace on google.com for example. Will you?
myx0m0p
Premium Member

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 04:25:57 pm »

I will  Wink
Sir Solan
Premium Member

Champion of Light

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 04:33:50 pm »

I don't want to get dragged into this arguement, but I'll say again what I said earlier, and what Master said as well...

Maybe not in the degree of backstab/blackjack/etc, but why not make some preps that somehow make a mage more powerful in combat?  Like, say, a potion of Tenser's Transformation (for those who have played DnD Wink): turns the mage into a partial fighting machine, gives dual wield, skills with more weapons, and a few to complement them, but not nearly as strong as a full warrior, just to add something, like how warriors can get mage spells in potions.

Or is that being unreasonable? Smiley

Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 04:40:25 pm »

Potion of Superman:

Grants you enhanced damage skill for 5 hours
Grants you third attack skill for 5 hours
Grants you dual wield skill for 5 hours
Grants you stance skill for 5 hours

? Smiley
Sir Solan
Premium Member

Champion of Light

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 07:37:32 pm »

Sure, but then that potion must be limit of one and drop from Lord Bane Roll Eyes

And I didn't mean quite that severe, in truth Wink Just that fighter-classes get lots of caster abilities from potions, and what do caster-classes get? (That's an honest question, maybe I'm forgetting something?)  Though, to be fair, they can get things like wands/damage potions/staves etc, but those things seem less effective than sanc-in-a-bottle Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length