Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:27:12 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Some thoughts about preparations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Some thoughts about preparations  (Read 15877 times)
Valeria
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 08:13:32 pm »

Sure, but then that potion must be limit of one and drop from Lord Bane Roll Eyes

And I didn't mean quite that severe, in truth Wink Just that fighter-classes get lots of caster abilities from potions, and what do caster-classes get? (That's an honest question, maybe I'm forgetting something?)  Though, to be fair, they can get things like wands/damage potions/staves etc, but those things seem less effective than sanc-in-a-bottle Smiley

I actually like the idea of differential abilities that make the different classes different.  I am less inclined to want additional preparations/abilities to make mages more like fighters.  I think the ability for fighting classes to get preparations to make them more mage/cleric like is not a great thing (and vice versa).  Then everyone looks like a knight or outcast.  If I want a fighter with sanc, then I should be a Knight.  Sure, the empowerments are less, but that is in exchange for other abilities.

In a group, spells or empowerments can be cast on groupmates if additional abilities are warranted.  I agree that if we give classes abilities generally found in other classes, we are diminishing the need to group together, and lowering the "need" for these other classes to exist.

My vision would be that each class stick to its own class abilities, and force the need to group to gain access to the other abilities.  Let potions be for health and mana regains, not effects that could (maybe should) be obtained through other group members.  In general, I think the goal should be to make the classes more balanced in different ways.

Will this possibly limit what we can do by ourselves, when not grouped?  Certainly.  The result would be that chars would need to 1) group with someone else, or 2) find somewhere else where they can go.

I also think this could lead to more interesting battles where we see true mages and true fighters at work.  Or other classes in between.

I don't look forward to the day when my mage thinks "I better go get some dual wield/flourentine/3rd attack potions because here comes that fighter with sanc/air shield/interposing hand..."  Wink
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 08:17:02 pm by Valeria » Logged
master
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 11:48:54 pm »

Exactly. That is what i was saying in first time. On the begining, all classes are balanced (well, someone will disagree on that too, but lets move over that..)
Involving 'preparations' like this we already have makes some classes a little bit more powerful, and of course it is ruining balance. Generally speaking, i am not against potions and orbs, i mind only because it is helping to a part of professions, while other professions do not find them useful because they already have that spell learned. It would be fair to either remove all that stuff or to make potions useful for sancers and transmuter too. I cant say it more clear.
master
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2005, 12:02:49 am »

By the way we can get an access on WebMoney, will _you_ share some money if you want (As I remember it was your idea with money)? After that we will be able to advertise solace on google.com for example. Will you?

Read what i wrote there and you will get answer on this question. I will gladly donate when i begin to work. I am unemployed atm so i can give only opinions Tongue. Pleased?
Now, stone skin potion and sancorb are not part of the game for abjurers.

So, i should not tell what i think about mud if it is not nice to your  little ears, right?
Should i treat this forum like another chat room because most people here are only because of chatting. Like yesterday 3 people were in mud, and 7 in forum!
I will certainly not allow you to sharp youe teeth on me. Everyone are discussing here and you are against me only. Is it personal or you dont like my ideas?

And idea to put banner on google is good, but such money you wont get.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 12:04:36 am by master » Logged
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2005, 12:14:49 am »

Read what i wrote there and you will get answer on this question. I will gladly donate when i begin to work. I am unemployed atm so i can give only opinions Tongue. Pleased?
I knew you could give only opinions.
Now, stone skin potion and sancorb are not part of the game for abjurers.

So, i should not tell what i think about mud if it is not nice to your  little ears, right?
Should i treat this forum like another chat room because most people here are only because of chatting. Like yesterday 3 people were in mud, and 7 in forum!
You are not right. I doubt you should think you're smarter and have rights to press on Imms, that's all.
And you should treat this forum the way you want to, no need to summarize, please.

You can see hide and astral? Moreover, I cant play with such problems of connection but I can stay on forum. Not for chatting.
I will certainly not allow you to sharp youe teeth on me. Everyone are discussing here and you are against me only. Is it personal or you dont like my ideas?
And idea to put banner on google is good, but such money you wont get.
I dont care about you personally, you're one of others.
About google - it was an example.
The theme is over. Continue to discuss preparations.
master
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2005, 12:34:05 am »

About preparations... I am sure everyone could understand what i am talking except those who really does not want to hear it.

Btw. where is Kiri?

« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 12:53:20 am by Nierth » Logged
kodziro
Premium Member

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2005, 12:43:02 am »

remove prepars and i will role heretic Smiley
how u think tower mage can reraid vs heresy without sanc and harden?
and u forgot that not all classes can use orbs

master
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2005, 12:45:27 am »

how u think tower mage can reraid vs heresy without sanc and harden?

that's why tower accepts abjurers, right? they have sanc.
life in clan is hard one
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2005, 01:04:42 pm »

How they did it 5 years ago? Smiley When outrage was >= 5x and there was no harden.
master
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2005, 01:07:11 pm »

NIERTH!  What did you do to my post!!!

master, If you want to tell me something personally - use PM.

ok
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 03:59:40 pm by master » Logged
master
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2005, 01:16:41 pm »

Btw. i have an excellent idea to solve problems about spellups. The solution is very simple :  instead of bunch of sancorbs, hadskin potions, protect evil orbs etc imms should make one, only one kind of potions : potion of reflection. That potions would give drinker ability to reflect 50-60% of damage inflicted to him. Believe it or not, that would clerics of Mishakal make most dangerous class for killing mobs. They can heal themself forever, and with sanc they would not die suddenly.
For example, Kith Kanan does unspeakable things to your Mishka
Your Mishka's reflect does unspeakable things to Kith kanan
heal
heal
heal
and so...
And every bloody fighters with honor face or similar deadly weapon would think twice before attacking someone with reflect, even if its helpless Mishka
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length