Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:26:21 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Newbies Section
| | |-+  Questions!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Questions!  (Read 3116 times)
arpade
Premium Member

Without light, there is no beauty, only suffering.

« on: July 29, 2014, 01:24:16 am »

Hey guys, recently i realized i didn't know a few some pretty basic stuff or any game mechanic details and decided to ask about them here:

-Damage reducing spells stack in which way with each other? I would say it is fairly obvious Sanc and resistances have a multiplicative stacking (because obviously 50% fire resistance + sanc doesent mean you dont take fire damge). But Sanc and protection are also multiplicative? 10% protection reduction + 50% sanc = 55%  reduction (multiplicative), or 60% reduction (additive)?

- +armor enchantments from items (not the slash/pierce/etc armor values from armor, the bonus armor property some have) grant resistances right? In what rate? Is this a viable way to get considerable resistances to everything?

- Are the offensive potions that exist in the game merely "traps" or is there any way of using them on enemies?

- Does anyone really know how damage is calculated? How damroll affects your weapon damage and how hit interacts with enemy armor, stuff like that.

- I vaguely remember about someone telling me ages ago when that clerics heal mainly with cure critical (im guessing because it is mana effective). Is this accurate? Do clerics use mortal or heal (if mish?) in dire need as well?

Thanks.
zondra

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:48:19 am »

I also used cure mortal at hero ranks at hero rank mana used isnt that great. And in battle you need two cure crits for one mortal so extra cast one less mace swing can mean death, And reducing spells stack sanc 50 prot evil 15  i think 65 less damage against evil etc. Other stuff not sure
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:53:11 am by zondra » Logged
bluesky

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 01:48:58 am »

Imms were not eager to reveal all this, i guess the reason is it is part of copyright.
However, most of these questions can be answered by ingame experimenting. Personally i never tried to experiment because of several reasons, with main reason of laziness, but it doesn't matter anyway since i wouldn't share it (why would i do job for others).
-My guess is, sanc halves damage you receive. 50% fire res halves fire damage and you receive remaining 50%. Sanc halves it further so it should be that you receive 25% damage. Protection evil/good counts, and protection doesnt. Protection evil/good grants 25% damage reduce from appropriate alignment. This is all my guessing, so don't take it as accurate.
-AC gives resist all, but in huge amounts... from experience about -100 ac 1% of resist all.
-
-
-

"Come to the edge," he said.
They said, "We are afraid".
"Come to the edge," he said.
They come, he pushed them...
and they flew.
Critic

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 08:44:42 am »

fore example
50% sanc
40% fire dam
25% protection

calculating

1*(1-0,5)*(1-0,4)*(1-0,25)=0,225 ~ 22% from damage.
you lose 22hp instead of 100hp.

Is it clear?

Vsem piz*i, a krilya mne!
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 07:10:03 pm »

very clear, thanks!

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length