Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:42:35 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Trashchar looting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trashchar looting  (Read 8189 times)
rexbu
Premium Member

« on: August 26, 2014, 10:22:56 am »

It has become symptomatic. EVERY time some big clan fight occurs there is third person there to loot what doesn't belong to him. It happened to me,
to Tangarth(?), to Anza, Yesta deleted over it .....on almost every reraid it happens. Guys playing heretics deleted becuase of it. I was fighting two tower mages today and there was Leitha following all around.  This must stop because:
- character that did nothing in fight gets everything
- character that did nothing in life gets good gears easy way. It discourages honest players, and they often delete.
So for example someone that cleared edges could delete because of some thrash char. It is not hard to full loot with thrash char I made such character on purpose and looted some of anza's things before anyone else could and returned stuff to him, just to prevent this happening AGAIN.

Solution:

-Person that did most damage to corpse gets exclusive right to loot it. Other cannot

Thoughts, ideas?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:28:44 am by rexbu » Logged
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 10:34:47 am »

Any actual system would be hard to implement in a way that would seem fair...

People should just have good sense. Shouldn't be much to ask for from a bunch of adults.
But hey... same adults are multicharring, transfering, cheating their way to the top, so... I don't know...
Other adults that know about it feel they owe it to them or have some respect towards the cheaters
and because of that don't sell'em out.

It's best to just play and consider yourself looted everytime you die. Has worked out so far for me.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 10:36:35 am »

So you dont mind collecting good clothes again and again while some other characters prosper on your effort?
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 11:13:51 am »

I am for it... Anza was very close to deleting last night indeed, some items were returned but some items were stolen by players who took no part in the fight..  dall was also full looted by someone other than chiendelna who slayed him yesterday... and it should be stopped!

+1

not sure if sirri is actually checking this forum so maybe he should be contacted in-game...

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Maniacus

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:17:45 am »

Suffer!

Why?.
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 11:37:42 am »

Of course I mind.

I'm just saying there's nothing that can be done about it, except ask and expect people to be bigger people while playing a simple game.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 11:48:38 am »

Suffer!

it seems i know who looted anza, poor xamik

For the darkness! Angry
zondra

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 12:31:16 pm »

It has become symptomatic. EVERY time some big clan fight occurs there is third person there to loot what doesn't belong to him. It happened to me,
to Tangarth(?), to Anza, Yesta deleted over it .....on almost every reraid it happens. Guys playing heretics deleted becuase of it. I was fighting two tower mages today and there was Leitha following all around.  This must stop because:
- character that did nothing in fight gets everything
- character that did nothing in life gets good gears easy way. It discourages honest players, and they often delete.
So for example someone that cleared edges could delete because of some thrash char. It is not hard to full loot with thrash char I made such character on purpose and looted some of anza's things before anyone else could and returned stuff to him, just to prevent this happening AGAIN.

Solution:

-Person that did most damage to corpse gets exclusive right to loot it. Other cannot

Thoughts, ideas?

I have to be fair, yesta wasnt trash char looted, two chars out smarted her, i killed outer knight, my two month old woke up,i should have worded gone back to keep and hide, instead i put her on my lap went mockingbird into inner to kill want typed one handed/not at all'while fighting inner' o fleed and noticed they had me trapped while still feeding her i fleed around while invoke outcasts combo area attacked,  got pissed they outsmarted me and i couldnt type fast enough one handed to even prep while running around i just deleted so they wouldn't get my stuff, looking back was it dumb? Sure we have all rage deleted'  i do agree lietha waho etc ,esp waho loot clan battles and run i think its inane,  i was on my char while anza faught,instead of'even watching i left area, would have been. Nice to get gos and Vambraces sure,
Hiddukel
Immortal

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 04:11:17 pm »

MORE LOOT! MORE LOOT!  Grin

*flee in terror*

omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 06:23:58 am »

The most simpler and well acording to clan rules would be for both parties involved in raid and reraid to stop what they are doing and pursue the looters, such as Leitha.
Of course, this is only possible when the vulture is in PK range of the clan members.

deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 11:03:17 am »

sure, Argo, let all clanned chars, with or without powers start hunting down sneaky abjurers... ever managed to do that yourself? this proposal would be hard-coded into game engine and it still allows full looting,  it just allows it to one person, the person who really deserves it, not some asshole who loots everything then sacrifices it or sells it, so that his alt or clanned friend can take it at his own pace... so far, waho full looted at least 3 different players and every time he logs on he's naked...

also, imo, full looting should be available to clan/group members as well, not just the opponent who slew you.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:09:23 am by deda » Logged

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Proph

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 03:59:57 am »

so far, waho full looted at least 3 different players and every time he logs on he's naked...

If ever a bullsh*t trashchar/multichar/ooc group deserved to get banned... Waho, Scinc etc

Nothing is too much to hope for.
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 06:07:10 am »

sure, Argo, let all clanned chars, with or without powers start hunting down sneaky abjurers... ever managed to do that yourself? this proposal would be hard-coded into game engine and it still allows full looting,  it just allows it to one person, the person who really deserves it, not some asshole who loots everything then sacrifices it or sells it, so that his alt or clanned friend can take it at his own pace... so far, waho full looted at least 3 different players and every time he logs on he's naked...

also, imo, full looting should be available to clan/group members as well, not just the opponent who slew you.

Remove thief class altogether, then, since stealing is clearly a problem to the game?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 06:19:00 am by Argonar » Logged

omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 06:19:26 am »

so that his alt or clanned friend can take it at his own pace...

Well... you're one to talk, hmm?  Roll Eyes

khiren
Lifetime Member

Frack off?

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 01:22:33 pm »

Part of PK life is stealing. Trash steal is part of PK life too.

I have experienced full loot many times in course of 10+ years, sometimes by person whom I was fighting and sometimes by bystander. Who gives a damn, I fell. You should learn to choose your fights and not rush into the mob and expect to survive with everything intact.

It's just something you have to get use to.

I don't like the idea, but it's something that is and hopefully will remain part of Solace life.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Rage deleting is something that should be revisited, especially for clan members. IMHO delete option should be disabled for clan characters. A workflow should be put in place if they want to delete. As you are accepted in the clan you've dedicated yourself to the cause. People are counting on you and suddenly to delete is just not good for game, especially over a few trinkets.

If you can't learn to stand up after you have fallen, why bother playing this game?

Go play WOW, it's perfectly safe Wink
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:04:40 pm by khiren » Logged

Just say no!.
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 05:15:15 pm »

- I always thought at the very least non-owners of corpses that dealt "0" damage to corpse in some time frame should have an inconvenient time full looting the corpse.  Ie. must take one item at a time or type out the name of the item. 

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
khiren
Lifetime Member

Frack off?

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 06:38:04 pm »

sure, Argo, let all clanned chars, with or without powers start hunting down sneaky abjurers... ever managed to do that yourself? this proposal would be hard-coded into game engine and it still allows full looting,  it just allows it to one person, the person who really deserves it, not some asshole who loots everything then sacrifices it or sells it, so that his alt or clanned friend can take it at his own pace... so far, waho full looted at least 3 different players and every time he logs on he's naked...

Remove thief class altogether, then, since stealing is clearly a problem to the game?

Have to quote Palpatine here: "He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power...which, eventually of course, he did."

That is problem with most of the players, too much in love with their things..

If we are going to massacre game like that, why not remove max_limit of items? Lets see how game turns out when everyone is wearing chromatic set...

Just say no!.
Kage

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 07:07:30 pm »

- Yeah its a global issue.  Full looting is a part of the game...adds to the point of PK.  Opens up abuse of course... but a bigger part of the problem is that there is too much trash equip in general so these shinies make people lose their minds for it.

-  Need more middle range power equipment so people can get equipped to kill and whine less I suppose.  Also need to limit holding space in general... shouldn't be able to hoard so much.  It makes people into golem from LotR...they fear losing treasures so much they don't fight unless guaranteed to win then delete if they lose.

- Sometimes we would just make a vigilante squad that hunted vultures...but unfortunately the gods like scrub "full loot" rp'er more then scrub killer rp'er.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
zondra

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 07:14:52 pm »

- Yeah its a global issue.  Full looting is a part of the game...adds to the point of PK.  Opens up abuse of course... but a bigger part of the problem is that there is too much trash equip in general so these shinies make people lose their minds for it.

-  Need more middle range power equipment so people can get equipped to kill and whine less I suppose.  Also need to limit holding space in general... shouldn't be able to hoard so much.  It makes people into golem from LotR...they fear losing treasures so much they don't fight unless guaranteed to win then delete if they lose.

- Sometimes we would just make a vigilante squad that hunted vultures...but unfortunately the gods like scrub "full loot" rp'er more then scrub killer rp'er.

space isnt problem,  on my fighters my hands always full bc you need different dam types, two staffs five'daggers two flails, backpack and you're full ,some classes need it
Kage

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 07:19:46 pm »

- Yeah it wasn't an elegant solution but more of a brainstorm.  Fighter could have more spots for weapons (fighter type only weapon harnesses), mage types for potions/staves  (mage type only bags).  But yeah likely better solutions out there. 

space isnt problem,  on my fighters my hands always full bc you need different dam types, two staffs five'daggers two flails, backpack and you're full ,some classes need it

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length