Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:28:34 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Critical strike feat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Critical strike feat  (Read 4147 times)
rexbu
Premium Member

« on: September 17, 2014, 12:19:40 pm »

This was said before. This feat first has a chance to land at all, then it has a chance to fall anywhere between the damage multiplier range. Meaning even with initial chance to land it might do nothing at all. So if it is 3rd circle feat multiplier range is [0, 0.5] and you might get 0. It is also weaker multiplier than deathblow.

Please make it fixed multiplier. If you invest into feat you expect it to do something and it often does not.

Weapon focus feat will always be better - so much that limiting to one weapon type is not a problem at all as other specs you take might be just for utility like whip and dagger.
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 10:07:41 pm »

I agree that Critical may need to be reworked. Not sure what is best angle, though.

Also, I think it is gross mistake to make it possible to take Weapon Focus with flails and whips... IMHO, damage specs are for damage, while utility and strategy is for utility and strategy.
This will be totally abusable combination.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 06:28:28 pm by Argonar » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
rexbu
Premium Member

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 06:33:19 pm »

I agree that Critical may need to be reworked. Not sure what is best angle, though.

Probably fixing the multiplier to static value like x0.5 or narrowing the range like [0.3, 0.5].

Also, I think it is gross mistake to make it possible to take Weapon Focus with flails and whips... IMHO, damage specs are for damage, utility and strategy is for utility and strategy.
This will be totally abusable combination.

I dont see what is abusable.You think whip focus is OP even though whip has no direct damage skill ? Or staff which gives you half of hr/dr since it is 2 handed weapon? Which weapon focus you find broken?
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 06:35:39 pm »

I prefer variable, like [0.3] - [0.5], or something.

As for weapon focus:
flail spec only doesn't have damage skill if you don't chose your other specs right.  Wink

PS: No, i dont think it is abusable with staffs or spears or anything... actually, for those I would call it useless, unless the feat for two-handed wielding gives more hitroll and damroll then you gain for each one-hand wielding.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:29:25 pm by Argonar » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
khiren
Lifetime Member

Frack off?

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 07:50:12 pm »

weapon focus misses hand to hand.

Just say no!.
khiren
Lifetime Member

Frack off?

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 07:55:24 pm »

I prefer variable, like [0.3] - [0.5], or something.

As for weapon focus:
flail spec only doesn't have damage skill if you don't chose your other specs right.  Wink

PS: No, i dont think it is abusable with staffs or spears or anything... actually, for those I would call it useless, unless the feat for two-handed wielding gives more hitroll and damroll then you gain for each one-hand wielding.

kender warrior with spec staff and focus staff...deadly Smiley

Just say no!.
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 08:58:12 pm »

Think what you want, but between 3x Weapon Focus and Balance, Blind-Fight, Uncanny Dodge, for staff speced kender fighter, I'm pretty sure the later will come out much much better overall. Other stronger combinations can be made. Think about it, dude... you're using 3 feats to get 18 hitroll and damroll... barely worth it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length