Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:07:40 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Quests
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quests  (Read 4279 times)
n00b
Lifetime Member

« on: September 21, 2014, 11:13:19 am »

First I must mention that Solace quest system is much more better then in CF. It helps new player to learn ways around and grow. But it has few disadvantages.

1. It has very random set of tasks. From easiest up to impossible. And that somehow ruins the system.
2. Quiting cancels the quest. And this is the backdoor for cheat.
3. Many places are unknown for newbies.

So...
If
1. Make tasks more level dependent.
2. Do not cancell quest on quit
3. And... Ad a tip command to the questgiver. Every tip decreases quest reward.

In example.
.. bla-bla-bla.. go to Magic forest.
say tip
.. bla-bla for the first tip I decrease reward on 1/10. Seek the way to magic forest north from crossroads on eastern roads and take first turn west.
say tip
.. bla-bla for the second tip I decrease reward on another 1/10. Seek the way to magic forest north from crossroads on eastern roads and take first turn west then seek the river it will lead you there.

And so on up to the full path to area with  almost zero reward. But next time newbie will find it by himself.

Also. Without any tips. Add warning.. If he sends to dangerous place warn that "Take care dangerous creatures roams this place..."

I know that it will need to recode all quest system. I guess that now it gives totally random place and totaly random task.
Maybe if task will be sorted in some kind of array. With levels and properties it will fix the system.

Just and idea. Smiley Cause quests are very important for exploration and for teaching newbies the directions.
Also guide in the newbie area can recommend the new player to visit quest giver.

Heretics never die, they just go to hell and regroup!
I will never response to khiren's messages on forum. No more. I promise! To myself and everyone.
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 12:00:16 pm »

haha, that makes some flashbacks.. when i was playing Lyeine - i completely refused any groups because of RP idea.. so i've got 35+20 using this quest system.. and i must admit - even with all my experience i've learned a lot.. surely that was only about knowing the world mostly, but this system can really teach you.

For the darkness! Angry
zondra

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 03:16:54 pm »

Gotta love when the quest'is to nether or edges
Proph

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 04:38:05 pm »

Gotta love when the quest'is to nether or edges
level 23

"You must go and slay Galan Dracos, the Dragonarmy General"

Ok, BRB....

Oh and for the record I really, really like n00b's idea. I think one hint is enough for most areas, but some places/mobs should just be excluded completely, or the time limit increased relative to level/HP of mob.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:39:43 pm by Proph » Logged

Nothing is too much to hope for.
zondra

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 04:52:47 pm »

Agree 100%
n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 05:05:32 pm »

2Imms:

After 1 october I will be able to add changes to the code. I do not need the whole code. You can just send me quest part.
I forgot C allready, but this is not an operational system or nuclear weaponry plant. It is just a code that was spoiled and broken by 5-10 different people without any system. Smiley

Seriously. I can help with it. Without any Imm|Imp priveledges.

Heretics never die, they just go to hell and regroup!
I will never response to khiren's messages on forum. No more. I promise! To myself and everyone.
zondra

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 05:15:06 pm »

Send siri message on here or on other forum orvin game, dont think he reads forums much,  if i'was imm i wouldnt,anything you do half of people bitch
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 11:45:03 pm »

+1

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length