Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:23:39 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Some small changes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Some small changes  (Read 5399 times)
Proph

« on: October 08, 2014, 07:39:05 pm »

I just have a few quick ideas I want to present:
  • Arrow damage - It's kind of ridiculous at times. Mobs that usually maul-decimate in combat should not ==OBLITERATE== with arrows imho. Mayor in kender village should not strike with the same power as Death Knight in nightfall.
  • Mobs tracking - Blind mobs should not be able to trace your steps or at least track slower. It makes no sense especially when the pmote is "_____ checks the ground for tracks"
  • Where Command - Sometimes in an area it's too difficult to target a specific mob with "where". I think it should have more specific capabilities similar to summoning.
  • Reply Command - When speaking with someone you can't see, if someone else tells you something you can't re-engage your previous conversation. I propose something like replylast or preply (previous).

If any of these ideas are already implemented and I just don't know the commands, please clue me in.

I'm having a blast in the realms and so glad they're back (even though it's a little too addicting sometimes Cheesy).

Thank you and keep up the great work, imms!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 07:52:48 pm by Proph » Logged

Nothing is too much to hope for.
phinespec

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 01:52:57 am »

Also Kidnapping shouldn't teleport you to some random place on the map.  It should keep you in the area (like vanish) or at worst the next area over.

Anyone else have ideas to improve solace?  It's a near perfect game in my mind.  Just a few tweaks and addendums could really add to the fun and immersiveness.

Proph

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 03:43:47 am »

Also Kidnapping shouldn't teleport you to some random place on the map.  It should keep you in the area (like vanish) or at worst the next area over.
Yeah excellent point. Kidnapping people to places you couldn't reach (like underwater) or beyond things you couldn't kill (like Hall of the Dragon Highlord) makes no sense at all.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 06:00:50 am »

Long ago someone suggested to make kidnap a skill that only works on strangled opponents, and that puts them in your inventory for the duration of the skill (or strangle), to which then you could walk around with them, for a higher mv toll, and with chance of waking opponent during movement.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
arpade
Premium Member

Without light, there is no beauty, only suffering.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 06:07:25 am »

Even though that might make sense when you imagine a kidnapper walking around with the victims body, I think in game-terms having someone be in someone elses inventory is weird.
Not to mention implementing the possibility to put a player in your inventory would probably be nontrivial.

And there are easy to imagine abuses. You could kidnap someone to "rescue"them, because a player in your inventory probably cannot be attacked.
Or some sort of gank in which one assassin shows up to fight you and suddely another player comes out of his inventory.

Im all for making vanish area only, or teleport in a much less random and powerfull way. That would greatly help fix the abuse of trash-suicide shadow assassins.
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 06:26:48 am »

Yes, I believe all these would-be-problems appeared when that was suggested back then too...

Anyway, it could be a condition similar to mounted. Kidnapped person appears "mounted" on kidnappers shoulder. Not in inventory. Then it would be possible to attack him, summon him, etc... I still don't know how the implementation part of this  would be.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:29:38 am by omledufromage » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Matthew

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 08:44:54 am »

I WANT blind mobs to track me.
Arrow damage is GREAT
WHERE command should be removed along with WHO command
TELL and REPLY command should also be removed as well as GROUPTELL and CLANTELL!

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
sio

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 09:30:08 am »

I WANT blind mobs to track me.
Arrow damage is GREAT
TELL and REPLY command should also be removed as well as GROUPTELL and CLANTELL!

This is a good ideas! Wink
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 09:34:20 am »

Please remove Matthew  Grin

Genocide
Lifetime Member

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 10:02:01 am »

Grin Grin Grin
btw, remove newbie channel too.
OOC will be the only way to play the game  Cheesy because you will never be able to find a party to rank up.
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 02:07:00 pm »

make kidnap require a cart! or at least a horse... and where are ransoms?

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length