Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:22:43 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  The Life after Death or the story of a ghost. (New ideas about Ghost)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Life after Death or the story of a ghost. (New ideas about Ghost)  (Read 5288 times)
andrey
Premium Member

« on: October 21, 2014, 06:57:02 am »

Why a ghost should sit near the pit resting all the time? Why not to allow it walking and have some interaction?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:52:22 pm by andrey » Logged
novann
Premium Member

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:10:30 am »

Create a new char. You wanna go and explore somewhere? Fig tebe  Tongue
andrey
Premium Member

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 09:23:58 am »

You are dying of thirst!
Your dehydration *** DEMOLISHES *** you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
You are starving!
Your starvation MANGLES you!
You have been KILLED!! <------------------------------- I've loosed the count of my deaths after became a Ghost.

You have died and turned into an invincible ghost for a few minutes.
With this death you feel part of your life force slip away. <------------------- con 16 is now, so for complete death the Ghost need to die 48 times more.... just siting near the pit. What is it for?  Writing notes to all? Telling to everyone something?

Hall of Justice
  A magical orb hangs high above in the air, suspended in a magical force.
Its warm glow bathes the entire room in white. In the center of the room, a
pedestal made of white marble stands proudly. Sitting on top of it is a book
with white leather binding. The library is just west from here, while to the
east lies the mess hall. The courtyard is just south from here.

[Exits: east south west]
     The corpse of Beorn is lying here. <-------------------the corpse of the Ghost of Beorn should it be! Cool!
     (Humming) A large safebox is here for storing the most precious items.
     A donation pit has been placed by the wall.
The royal Guardian of the law stands here protecting his hall.

<11/1124hp 1/560mana 180/360mv 0tnl | ESW> wake
You are a hovering spirit, you can't do that anymore.

<53/1124hp 1/560mana 180/360mv 0tnl | ESW> s
Nah... You feel too relaxed...

I see a little logic in the current ghosts system... So I decided to bring some ideas about it.
Let me describe the situation for all how it works now with me:

Beorn was assisting young knights to grow in Sla Mory when suddenly his heart has stopped, and he appeared in his hometowns Temple as a ghost already but that still can walk. All Beorns equipment has just disappeared. (only the gold left in the corpse)
Then the Ghost of Beorn begin dying from thirst and hunger... it could only walk, look, who, where, score, tell, group tell and pray. And nothing more, so is doomed to die from thirst and hunger.
After first death of the Ghost, It has appeared near clan pit for this time and resting, so the Ghost could not now even walk because was resting and has no ability to wake or stand up... (however i suppose if the Ghost would not be sitting It would be able still to walk because the walking commands in any direction are triggering standart "Nah... You feel too relaxed...")

1st question: Why when you turn into a Ghost your closes should just disappear?
1st idea: I think that equipment should not just disappear and should be placed in the pit as usual, so that the ghost could take it and give someone or maybe someone can just get it from the pit.

2d question: The ghost can be hungry and thirsty thats ok, but how It can die more and more doing new and new
corpses?
2d idea: If this dying from thirst is some kind of suffering of the soul for its mortal sins its ok, but how can the ghost leave new corpses in realms of mortals? It just should not. And Ghost can not die... it may suffer yes but not die. Maybe we can call it with reincarnation or something similar.

3d question: Why the Ghoul should rest and why can't it stand up? Is it supposed to be so or a code error?
3d idea: I think the Ghost should be able to walk as after the first real death. (when the 2d question will be solved and the Ghost will not die on and on, then there will not be such a problem, i guess)

4th question: If the Ghost can tell, why can't  It use 'replay' command?
4th idea: I would allow the Ghost some more commands like moan, groan or something like that, maybe some socials.
For example when you say something you can pronounce some inarticulate sounds.

Last question:
If i can write notes to all, why i can't view my roles and write there my memoirs?

I think the ghost of the Hero should have some bonus should not it? Why not to allow the exploration for those who has 7 roles and one unfinished..? Why not to continue RP?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:28:49 am by andrey » Logged
novann
Premium Member

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:55:35 am »

You asking the changes to yourself not for all, understand it  Tongue
andrey
Premium Member

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 11:03:49 am »

and for self now and for all in future, why not?
BTW found a way to stand up! Healing sleep!
andrey
Premium Member

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 11:07:58 am »

And new ideas:

Ghost should be with passdoor and fly spells all the time.
Ghost should not be able to open doors.
n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 11:12:10 am »

I have better idea. It is not my own idea, but I saw it working in other MUD.

Clan leaders who prove themselves as a good leader - and Beorn was awesome as clan leader. Often online, ready to consult players, ready to give quest and induct new applicants. It is enough for CL. We can criticise his play style as a knight or, even, as a guard - maybe. Maybe yes, maybe not. But he was awesome leader of a clan. Enough.

So. Clan Leaders who are good as clan leader are granted by a long life by Immortals. Why it is logical.

Good clan leader spend a lot of time in game as result he grows older faster and he dies more often. This age and this deaths are result of his attempt to do a good job for a clan.
Next leader can be chosen from top level clan members. And there is a chance that noone of them will fit the requierments.

That's why mortal leader of a clan can be granted long mortal life with restored consitution.
or
If he was even better he can be granted low level immortal position with the only one ability - induct. This person should be trusted and I will not recommend Beorn as a candidate to immortality.

Immortals can not return Beorn to life, I guess. But for the future cases. If we have a good leader - please grant him more years to live. Good leader can play for a months beeing online 10 hours a day. And he will not die from low const. Or he will be granted const points to live. Or his const will not decrease to death level.

This will give leaders (good leaders) certain bonuses, but they are doing job for a MUD. If anyone tried to be a good clan leader he will understand what I'm talking about.

More then half of the game you do your job. You read notes, most of them boring and stupid and looks like written by one sick-minded writer. "My village was burned by mages." Smiley You talk with candidates. You give them task. You write down what task you gave to what candidate. You should know world good enough to give this tasks etc, etc, etc.

Heretics never die, they just go to hell and regroup!
I will never response to khiren's messages on forum. No more. I promise! To myself and everyone.
andrey
Premium Member

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 01:39:32 pm »

I have better idea. It is not my own idea, but I saw it working in other MUD.
Clan leaders who prove themselves as a good leader - and Beorn was awesome as clan leader. Often online, ready to consult players, ready to give quest and induct new applicants. It is enough for CL. We can criticise his play style as a knight or, even, as a guard - maybe. Maybe yes, maybe not. But he was awesome leader of a clan. Enough.
Thanks for your assessment.

While being a ghost, i have learned some other 'bugs' or 'strangeness':
1. I can't see invisible items but can see hidden/invisible and even creatures in astral and i think camo too.
2. I can add someone to my group, lead it and can grant the leadership affect. (not bad affect at all)

Will continue to seek another odd things.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:56:15 pm by andrey » Logged
novann
Premium Member

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 02:41:06 pm »

Oh. All good things come to an end. Dont invent something. Just create new Beorn and grew up if you like it so much.
Why you are so conservative.
Just let it go.
Create abjurator in Takhisis, we will kill all and get all shinies!
andrey
Premium Member

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 03:20:47 pm »

Oh. All good things come to an end. Dont invent something. Just create new Beorn and grew up if you like it so much.
Why you are so conservative.
Just let it go.
Create abjurator in Takhisis, we will kill all and get all shinies!

No, no..I'll better quit the game... a good chance i have now, really. Maybe will return a year later, maybe not... I think that i have no interest or will to grow a new character now from zero and  to put the soul in it again.
Maybe I'm a conservator maybe just tired maybe both things altogether...
Will walk as a ghost until condeath and just quit.

n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 03:43:53 pm »

Just create new Beorn and grew up if you like it so much.

Fjorin Beornsson. A dwarven blacksmith, son of a Guardian who just wanted to live a peacefull life of smith. He likes to work with hammer and anvil, he loves his wife and two cute kids - a son and a daughter.
But now he knows that his father was killed. He saw a ghost and ghost was talking with him. And now he must revenge. Or he will loose his own respect, respect of all dwarves and repsect of his family.
He packed his things and went to Palanthas. His beloved wife and kids was staying near thy house looking on the road even when it was empty allready and dust was blown away. Small briliants of tears shine in their eyes. But they understand - there is no another way, no another choice. And if their father will not return it will be their duty to follow his way....

Fjorin: What??
Ghost   : I am thy father's spirit,
Doom'd for a certain term to walk the night,
And for the day confined to fast in fires,
Till the foul crimes done in my days of nature
Are burnt and purged away. But that I am forbid
To tell the secrets of my prison-house,
I could a tale unfold whose lightest word
Would harrow up thy soul, freeze thy young blood,
Make thy two eyes, like stars, start from their spheres,
Thy knotted and combined locks to part
And each particular hair to stand on end,
Like quills upon the fretful porpentine:   
But this eternal blazon must not be
To ears of flesh and blood. List, list, O, list!
if thou didst ever thy dear father love--
Fjotrin:   O God!
Ghost   : Revenge his foul and most unnatural murder.
Fjorin:   Murder!
Ghost: Murder most foul, as in the best it is;
But this most foul, strange and unnatural.
Fjorin:   Haste me to know't, that I, with wings as swift
As meditation or the thoughts of love,
May sweep to my revenge.
Ghost   : I find thee apt;
And duller shouldst thou be than the fat weed
That roots itself in ease on Lethe wharf,
Wouldst thou not stir in this. Now, Fjorin, hear:

Heretics never die, they just go to hell and regroup!
I will never response to khiren's messages on forum. No more. I promise! To myself and everyone.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length