Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:09:09 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Soldier(freelancer) class
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Soldier(freelancer) class  (Read 2643 times)
n00b
Lifetime Member

« on: October 31, 2014, 09:20:20 am »

I know that this is hard to code, will take a lot of time and will not be coded.
But just to add some life to forum Smiley

A mix of a thief, ranger and fighter. He can survive in wilderness, not so good as ranger, he can fight, not as good as fighter, he can use city shadows to hide and know dirty fight tricks, not as good as fighter.

ranger skills: find water, butcher
fighter skills: axe, sword, polearm, mace, spear, shield block, parry, dodge.
thief skills: hide (no sneak!)

weapon specializations:
sword, shield, two-handed(axe,sword, mace), polearm, spear.
can choose two.
can choose third if ALL specc skills a mastered.

sword and spear are clear. fighter like.

shield
shield bash - a stronger bash with a shield
group defend (attempt to shield block strike against group member, at 100% defends group member like himself) affects some other skills
take cover - covers himself and maybe group (if group def perfected) from special attacks like spells, some skills, area spells.
modify shield -
 - spike, adds a spike to a shield - stronger bashes, ability to harm attacker (not always) on shield block
 - enforce, adds durability, decrease chance to shield cleave, strongly decrease, adds AC to a shield.
 - enlarge, increases size of the shield for better group defend and take cover skills.
shield on back - auto. allows to wear shield instead of robe, on the back. Immunity to backstab. Actually useless and hard to code, forget it or modify to look better Smiley

polearm spec
kinda mix of spear-staff-axe spec
stand-off
charge set
overhead (stronger then staff, polearm weights more)
break weapon
entrap weapon (like strip with a whip)
group parry (like group defend but parry)

two-handed
strong grip - harder to disarm, auto
hilt strike - strikes with both arms holding a weapon, can maledict, blindness, silence, knock-out (like a choke)
wide swing - strikes all enemy group (in combat only)
wind of steel - switch skill, turns of and on, rotates weapon in front of him, striking opponents with heavy blows, distracting their spells and skills. No autoattacks when this skill is on. Costs moves depending on strength. Stronger soldier loose less moves. If soldier runs out of moves during this skill usage he will be stunned untill his moves are regained (in any way, tick or refresh, not matter).
fight opener, can not find name for the skill. Like ambush or cleave, but can not kill and weaker.
with sword or axe - cause bleeding,
with mace  - can stun for a while or even knock down.

unique skills.
group formation
formation for long trip - less moves.
formation for agressive fight - stronger hits but some group member can be hit by enemy even if not in front
formation for defensive fight - better group defend skills, better defenses, less hit (good if soldier in group with mages) allows ranged group members shoot while in the same room and while in fight.
formations works better for soldiers in group. Perfect if all in group are soldiers.

stomp - stomps the falling enemy (auto) increasing stun duration and delivering additional damage.

tactical moves (automatic or manual)
during day time, when outside (not in building or cave etc) - blinding sun.  Soldier tries to turn opponent to face a sun. Blindness. Uncurable, like a sparks of Reorx.
any time, wilderness, against opponent with sword, axe, whip - on succesfull dodge opponents whip reels around tree or bush. miss few hits or maybe even loose your weapom. Axe or sword stucks in the tree. Same effect.
flank moves - move to flank or even back of the enemy and hits unprotected
cut enemy formation - moves inside enemy group decreasing self defense but making them hit each other. Works only when soldier alone.

maradeur - auto. loots additional gold and things from corpses. better things from corpses (I meen those that pops when some mobs die).

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:21:57 am by n00b » Logged

Heretics never die, they just go to hell and regroup!
I will never response to khiren's messages on forum. No more. I promise! To myself and everyone.
zondra

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 02:51:23 pm »

I think we have a good balance with our classes, bards only other class i want back,

How'd that interview go btw
duncon
High Member

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 03:35:33 pm »

I think its a great idea personally. some fine tuning to make sure it doesn't become overpowered..

I also think any changes that can get done are good ones.

Bringing back Quest system however also making it more difficult.

bringing back the profession system to change it up. Make it so that they have a bit more use can aid in people being OP in some cases.

n00b
Lifetime Member

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 05:55:05 pm »

I think we have a good balance with our classes, bards only other class i want back,

"I know that this is hard to code, will take a lot of time and will not be coded.
But just to add some life to forum Smiley
"

Heretics never die, they just go to hell and regroup!
I will never response to khiren's messages on forum. No more. I promise! To myself and everyone.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length