Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:45:14 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Bless weapon manual
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bless weapon manual  (Read 4455 times)
andrey
Premium Member

« on: December 23, 2014, 12:24:57 pm »

Why knights should always spend a lot of time to create the blessed weapons: a lot of run,request/kill monster/ fail to bless and repeat the algorithm from beginning? What for is all this sh*t? Smiley This spell just destroys now half of  the swords and knights should keep doing this sh*tty work more then half of their life now! Moreover there is a chance to create a crappy sword 'Peacekeeper' that does not flares and adds only some -AC! And i do not see much difference between 'Lightbringer' and  'Shadowbane' as well.
All avengers should be worthy to use and  I think the difference between them should be more significant.

So the ideas are:

1.  To do that bless weapon should have 100% chance to bless but always a random avenger.
2.  To remove the dependence of the source sword average. Different avengers just should have different average.
3.  All the 3 avengers should  have exclusive bonuses:

'Peacekeeper',  average 27, should add -50AC, 6hr/dr, cure critical, not flares -full defensive sword.
'Lightbringer' average 30 should add 50hp, 7hr/dr, cure light (or 1 hp regen), flares average - average sword
'Shadowbane' average 33 should add 8hr/dr, cast shadowbane, flares as hell - full offensive sword

4.  To remove the restriction  that does not allows you to create the second sword for yourself. So that you could create two random avengers for 450-550 hours, now it allows you to create only one and this is not right! I think it should be enough to have the restriction that forces you to know weaponmastery skill to wield two avengers at once. My first Beorn died from age without this manual for example.

5.  (optional) To add the avengers no-remove or curse flag (now it is just no-drop) The idea is to leave a chance for the knights not to drop all the weapons being greatly weakened, and prevent the disarm.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:59:58 pm by andrey » Logged
shadyn
Premium Member

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 12:38:20 pm »

dream on .... say thank you what you ever find that manual ... most rare manual .... and another thing ... next time you will creat a human ... a real avenger on mob Cheesy
andrey
Premium Member

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 12:46:01 pm »

Why dream?
In previous wipes the Bless Weapon was working similar way: you could create unlimited amount of avengers all ave25 and different bonuses.
And  i suggest a golden middle.  Grin

Moreover, if all will be against the suggested 'golden middle', I will vote even for return of the old 'bless weapon' system.  Because the current one is just disgusting! Really.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:05:31 pm by andrey » Logged
novann
Premium Member

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 01:18:13 pm »

1. Solamnic knights can do such weapon without running, cause they can create swords.
2. Get holy avenger sword from.. you know where.
andrey
Premium Member

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 01:42:37 pm »

1. Solamnic knights can do such weapon without running, cause they can create swords.
2. Get holy avenger sword from.. you know where.
Solamnic knights are solamnic knights.  Bless weapon should work equal for all knights and solamnics should not have any advantage in it, like it was before. (because it was easy for any knight to summon mob, get his sword and bless it. Solamnics could surely create sword and bless it but this wasn't so much advantage, right?)

Holy avenger Vengeance you mean, that is human only? Or the two-handed one sword? No matter.
Any of existing swords should be as they are and bless weapon is a rare manual that should be worthy to use it.
Now it is not. Its my opinion of a player who played knights a lot in all pwipes.  Eh, yes, i would say that it is  worthy now anyway, but costs to a knight the half of his lifetime, that is not right at all. It should work more effectively for such a hemorrhoid, that player has now! That is for sure!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:55:00 pm by andrey » Logged
zondra

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 03:10:44 pm »

yea i like human knight over dwarf for that sword and armguards. and i think humans stats are better fit for knights, con on dwarf is nice of course. i think blessed weapon is fine, knights i've always said when played right can be the most op class in the game. just hasn't been a beast of one around in long time
andrey
Premium Member

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 03:40:31 pm »

i think blessed weapon is fine,
You are very wrong man!  Current 'Bless weapon' is just a peace of junk, comparing even to the previous bless weapon in old p-wipes that always were ave 25.  It is possible to create ave33 avenger now but this sux anyway, because of HUGE amount of wasted time!

And the thing is not in OP or not OP at all! Knights are nice balanced interesting to play class. BUT.
The current bless weapon should be just tuned a little, to make the playing for a knight more easier and logical.

I can not guess, why it just could not even be allowed, to bless the sword without a failure? This wouldn't made any knight OP, but could surely free a lot of time for a player for more interesting actions.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:49:01 pm by andrey » Logged
andrey
Premium Member

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 03:41:32 pm »

//// ask to delete this accident message/////
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:44:57 pm by andrey » Logged
zondra

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 03:47:50 pm »

i think it should make a flaring weapon all the time avg like 26-28, with divine attack. that last 200 hours with 100 hour cool down, it rare manual so i couldn't be opposed to slight improve.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length