Feats and Circles of Learning
Feats, in addition to manuals and spellbooks, allow you to choose the unique
path your character evolves and develops along. A feat is a permanent
feature your character gains; it could be permanent resistance to some kind
of damage, additional bonuses to health points, or a class-specific bonus,
or something else.
Many Feats are available at different Circles of Learning, with each Circle
granting progressively greater ability in that Feat. Characters may choose
to learn the same Feat on more than one Circle of Learning, giving them the
combined benefits of both Circles. For example, a fighter might decide to
learn the "Weapon Focus" feat for swords at both the 1st and 3rd Circles,
and as a result would gain the increased damage and accuracy of both circles
for their swords.
You can learn
1st Circle Feat at level 15
2nd Circle Feat at level 24
3rd Circle Feat at level 30
Here is a list of all Feats in alphabetical order, with descriptions. Note
that not all Feats are available to all classes.
- Gives a character a slight chance to avoid bash, trip, crush, and
- Bloodline of fire, ice, air, earth, divine or negative grants an
additional resistance against this type of attack. This feat adds up to
15, 20 and 30 resistances on each circle.
- Character receives 1 additional practice session per level. This feat
is retroactive to the levels you gained.
- You can conceal signs of passage. This feat makes it harder to track
you, and even aggressive mobiles may fail to find you.
- This feat adds up to an additional 10% chance to parry and dodge attacks
- The character gets a bonus of 5 to all will saving throws.
Mind Over Body
- The character gets a bonus of 5 to all reflex saving throws.
- Character uses his intelligence as a bonus when gaining hitpoints.
This feat is retroactive to the levels you have gained.
- You can score critical hits against undeads. This feat greatly
improves physical damage you deal to undead 30-40% of the time.
- Character is resistant to all kinds of poisons and diseases. This feat adds
up to 20% to resistances against poisons and diseases as protection from
plague and poison spells, poisoned weapons and poison dust.
- You learn to shield yourself from magical attacks, dodge spells at the last
second or use folk rituals to negate spells used against you. Each circle
adds 3% to evade magical damage, and 5% to evade negative spells like
blindness, plague, poison, power word stun, slow, weaken, power word fear
and sparks of the forge.
- The character gains more hit points per level. 1st circle adds 3
hitpoints per level, 2nd circle adds 4 hitpoints per level, and third adds
5. This feat is retroactive to the levels you gained.
- Allows people to dodge much better, even dodge riding a horse.
Arcane Defense (any
- This feat allows you to call one additional animal of your choice. You
can not call more than two animals of one type.
Blind Fight (fighter, outcast,
ranger, knight, assassin, thief)
- You can resist spells from all schools of magic. 1st circle adds 2 to all
saving throws, 2nd circle adds 3, and 3rd adds 4.
Blinding Speed (fighter, thief,
- You can fight effectively even when blinded. This feat improves
chances to parry, dodge, some special defense skills and negates blinded
defense minus against several special attacks.
Combat Casting (any
- Allows fighters, thieves and assassins to deal more attacks to an
opponent. This feat adds to the chance to deal 2nd, 3rd and 4th attack, as
well as the chance to dodge and parry. Also this feat helps against bash,
trip and lash.
Critical Hit (fighter, knight,
- Allows casters to cast spells which are not normally castable during
combat. This feat allows you to cast spells in 50% of all attempts.
Divine Deathward (knight,
- You can score a critical strike, dealing additional damage to an
opponent. 2nd circle feat adds up to 30% to your damage, while 3rd circle
feat can add 50%.
Empower Spell (any
- You may channel energy to protect yourself from the ability of level
draining attacks and negative magic. Adds up to 20 to the character's
resistance to negative energy. Adds a slight chance to resist
- Your spells are cast at an improved level. This feat adds to your
spell level. It is less powerful than spell penetration at checking saving
- The character and his companions have improved regeneration rate in forests.
In addition, 2nd and 3rd circle feats improve camouflage skill, making it
harder to detect, and allowing the ranger to camouflage his allies.
- Any undead you attempt to raise may become ghoulish. Each attack of these
undead may have special effects.
Improved Alacrity (any
- You can fuse flesh and iron to create golems with the combined power of
both. This powerful golems can also protect its master from physical
Spell Penetration (any
- You gain an ability to cast spells at a faster rate. Note that this will
not make any spells instant, but will make longer spells quicker to
Spell Ripper (any
- Spells pierce an enemy's defence more easily. This feat adds to your
spell level when calculating saving throws. This feat is more powerful
than the empower spell feat, but doesn't add to defensive, summoning, etc.
Way of Gargoyle
- Your offensive spells can carry dispelling effects.
- You have mastered the art of combat in alternate forms. This feat may
either add up to 10 to physical and 5 magical resistances, or up to 10 to
hitroll and damroll.
- Gain additional damage and to-hit chance while using weapons of the
selected type. Adds up to 4, 6, and 8 hitroll and damroll on each circle,