Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:51:09 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  item vaporization
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: item vaporization  (Read 9915 times)
Sgt Pepper

« on: April 07, 2006, 12:30:22 am »

Maybe is just a whine, but maybe I'm not the only one who think that the time of play required to your items dont vaporize is too long for some people (1-2 hours for 3-4 days as a imm told me in the game), I unfortunately dont have much time to play during the week and I'm usually just play during weekends (but even so I cant sometimes) and everytime I enter the game now I loose my best weapons.

Maybe make this period larger?

Run my little chunks of xp, RUN!
Proph

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 04:58:34 am »

In a sense I agree, but I'm not sure exactly what the solution is. Solace is a very demanding game, and I think the item vaporization is a key factor in so many people leaving. When people enter solace during the sometimes-rare time they do get to play, they don't feel like collecting a whole eq set for the entire time-- so they quit and go back to work, school etc.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Lizzy
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 05:20:08 am »

In a sense I agree, but I'm not sure exactly what the solution is. Solace is a very demanding game, and I think the item vaporization is a key factor in so many people leaving. When people enter solace during the sometimes-rare time they do get to play, they don't feel like collecting a whole eq set for the entire time-- so they quit and go back to work, school etc.

*nodz in agreement* I think this subject has been discussed many a time, and it comes back to - No time limit - people will store all the goodies so you can never have them. Or Time limit - eq evaporizes - people collect or delete and leave.

What really got me one time was when I found in the pits some really LOVELY items. So I played for few hours (after being absent for a week due to illness) but when I logged back 6 hours later - everything disappeared. And I had only more or less JUST found them LOL so disappointing.

There are a lot of neked chars sitting around in cyberspace.

What is the solution for those who cannot put in the required time due to life, commitments, work, school whatever? No idea.
Akhulas
High Member

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 08:17:11 am »

and i have another oppinion
imho if you wanna have shines - play more
as for me items vaporise too slow

i know some people who have  2-3 characters all dressed in limited eq
they enter for a hour for each charater daily, so nothing vaporise
thats not right
imho one player should have possibility to dress only one charater in limit items

another problem with vaporising eq - it appers on mob again only after reboot/crush Sad
the more time passed since last reboot - less items in realms Sad
hope our immortals will fix it one day..
Proph

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 08:25:02 am »

I agree items should reappear on mobs after something other than reboot (maybe during a certain month in the realms or something).

Lurker

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 10:54:54 am »

Hmm. perhaps once a month the mobs could use the outfit command and try and get their equipping back.
Matthew

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 12:15:03 pm »

The problem seems to be that zone resets only seem to check if a mob is dead or not. Nevermind 15 of them are cluttered in one room no one can enter! Anyways ive not poked around with Merc muds much but that seems to be caused by the same thing as equipment repopping. I'd be happy with some regular reboots!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 12:17:21 pm by Matthew » Logged

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Lizzy
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 01:02:05 pm »

Is it possible to have limited eq with there own time limit rather than have players limited? What I mean is say - just for argument sake - a bracelet of dragons tears dripping in blood - rare item - remains with a player for 10 hours (just eq) and then it vaporises itself, because the dragon called it back. Then, a gleaming diamond ring - remains with a player for 5 hours before returning to the creature who holds it. But players not to know the time limit of course, which would be impossible if friends of IMM's were given information. Maybe make time random?

What I am getting at is make item vaporization to do with the item not the player. And the mobs summons their items back though they don't reappear for a day or so. Again, random time.

hmm, probably doesn't make sense? Or impossible to do? Just thought that way, it would give all players, those who can play ALL the time, and those who can't, a chance with eq?

Ok. Say a player has an item which is limited, and they don't play very often - just to horde it - guess we come back to that again huh? hmmm back to the drawing board?

Is there any way of actually telling WHO really play their chars, and those who hoard? I have seen people enter, and just sit in a guild for a certain amount of time. Even if you go in that guild, they are doing nothing, make no response when you say hello. Are they just their to keep their shinnies?

I know I know. These are just rambling thoughts. But sometimes, brainstorming thoughts and ideas results in solutions. Smiley That's what team work is all about yes?  Kiss ah, I wuv you too.  Tongue
Lady Lunitari
Immortal

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 02:44:24 pm »

Random time?
I can imagine the fight between two persons and suddenly both swords of one warrior dissappear! Bah! He is dead. Funny.

Is there any way of actually telling WHO really play their chars, and those who hoard?

We are here to watch and to know who is playing, who is sitting in a guild and wasting the time.
Lizzy
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 04:38:13 pm »

Hey, I DIDN'T say it was brilliant or perfect. As I said - brain storming. Is that a problem? And by random time, I mean when not in play, not when playing.

Besides, IMM's are after all - only - mortal.
Sgt Pepper

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 05:59:41 pm »

I agree with item vaporization of limited itens, but simple ones are just annoying, every time I log in I have to get the same itens over and over, it's just annoying, and I'm not making an item impossible to get...

Run my little chunks of xp, RUN!
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 06:29:03 pm »

May be try to gather non-limited items while you are not in hero range? You can find pretty nice items which will not vaporize.
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 07:05:38 pm »

If you wear nonlimited items on you, it will cause either miserable saves or tiny damroll (fighters) or too low hp/mana (mages).

Nonlimited gears should be reworked...

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 07:10:53 pm »

If you wear nonlimited items on you, it will cause either miserable saves or tiny damroll (fighters) or too low hp/mana (mages).

Nonlimited gears should be reworked...
I do not see any need to wear all limit eq on 20-24 rank. Anyway, that's my opinion.
Quino, forgot how to play alone and used to wear yourself in netherworld? )
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 07:21:56 pm »

Nierth, you probably never faced an outcast knight on middle ranks versus you when you need at least 25 all svs to oppose sleep etc...
But hey-hey, if I manage to gather this saves (YES, it is possible to do in nonlimited eq), I will not get any health and mana bonuses (as mage), OR I will have low dr as fighter (though they have some svs via warcry,stance and berserk)

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2006, 02:09:07 am »

Hm.. perhaps the 'vaporization rate' should depend inversely on item's limcount (that is, the total number of particular items in the game) - so that items vaporize independently..
Akhulas
High Member

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 07:12:26 am »

aye, right idea Smiley
all items should have its own counter.
Proph

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 08:22:40 am »

Yeah I suggested this already in the "Some ideas regarding items" thread. Remember?

Matthew

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 08:50:55 am »

So you reckon an 'in the void countdown' on each item depending on its load limit that is 'recharged' by playtime? Isnt that alot of resources? Even calculated at login/logoff.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Lizzy
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 09:10:33 am »

Sorry I didn't know the correct words for what I was trying to get at about all of this. This is a good start. Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length