Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 10:39:37 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
solace.senseisoft.com:4000

- Please no drama, no toxic stuff etc. Respect each other. Let everyone play and enjoy.
- Respect legacy of Solace: roleplay.
- Strictly follow ALL RULES.

Consider clans closed for now. Write a role indicating you'd love a certain clan; you might be inducted at some point (don't worry about your level).

Coming soon: a solution for solo mages level grind. Multicharring is NOT allowed (see above about following all rules).

Cheers!

(don't forget to invite friends on other platforms)
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)
--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Feature to reset chosen feats
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Feature to reset chosen feats  (Read 321 times)
Raider
High Member

« on: August 23, 2024, 08:46:02 pm »

Would be nice to have a way to reset all/chosen feats with gold/quest coins so you could choose new ones.

Some feats dont work like they should. Some are disappointing. And we mostly dont know what they are until they are chosen.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2024, 09:09:49 pm by Raider » Logged
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2024, 08:48:14 am »

There have been some good ideas, but just as many suggestions have been in the line of turning solace into a sandbox. There is a learning curve. Pick feats that don't pan out? Should just remember that for your next character. Now, that's not to say there couldn't be some tweaks or improvements to some of them. And I get there's some balance to be had with the fact that most of these skills/spells/feats were designed with a full playerbase and RP options in mind that are difficult to play out with only 3-10 people. But I still don't think making solace a sandbox mud is the answer.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Raider
High Member

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2024, 10:19:35 am »

Sorry i dont know what you mean by 'sandbox' mud.

Mechanics arent transparent. When we pick some feats we dont know in full what the effect will be. How strong/weak.
So your suggestion is 'live with it or invest another 20 hours in leveling'?
Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2024, 11:42:31 am »

Sandbox mud means everything is easy and handed to a player. Nothing to learn, no effort needed, just time to level and that's the hardest part. I agree that help files could be a little more detailed/updated though. That is definitely accurate as many of them are out of date, and some simply no longer exist.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
disaster

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2024, 02:55:28 pm »

Taht's why this forum is! Share experience about feats!. No need for everybody to go through every feat
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2024, 10:06:54 pm »

The forum (=OOC source) is a band aid over an IC problem, which is the game being non transparent. I agree with Raider it would be a great idea to make the feat switch possible in game.

This will enable experimentation much faster than it is at the moment.
Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2024, 01:37:34 am »

Can we change classes and can fighters change specializations? And maybe allow clerics to change diety too. Easier experimentation.

Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2024, 11:29:55 am »

Can we change classes and can fighters change specializations? And maybe allow clerics to change diety too. Easier experimentation.

Very well, you may create a separate thread to discuss these suggestions.
zondra

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2024, 01:03:09 pm »

If this was old solace when ranking was much harder
 I'd say maybe but getting to hero in 2 days now is pretty simple
.make a new character
Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2024, 08:04:14 pm »

Very well, you may create a separate thread to discuss these suggestions.

Not necessary, those suggestions are equally ridiculous. Can you imagine the flip flopping? Necrophysiology while ranking, then when hero rank, switch feats to toughness and balance, oops, but going manual hunting in the maus, lets switch back to necrophysiology, ok, going to the edges/nethers, let me get rid of empower spell and add hide tracks, fighting tower mage now, switch all feats to spell defense...

Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2024, 08:08:24 pm »

Even as a newbie, the secrecy of this game is exactly what I loved. The game itself is great, but the fact that there were secrets, hidden knowledge, tactics and tricks you had to learn...gives the game some mystery and atmosphere. If everything is laid out on the table and everything is available in a wiki and no choices have consequences...why play? I sure wouldn't have. We've got pokemon out there for that. All kinds of strategy guides and maps and wikis.

zondra

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2024, 09:13:51 pm »

I agree . Trial and error.
arre
Lifetime Member

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2024, 12:37:04 pm »

Not necessary, those suggestions are equally ridiculous. Can you imagine the flip flopping? Necrophysiology while ranking, then when hero rank, switch feats to toughness and balance, oops, but going manual hunting in the maus, lets switch back to necrophysiology, ok, going to the edges/nethers, let me get rid of empower spell and add hide tracks, fighting tower mage now, switch all feats to spell defense...

Make the switch cost 3000, 5000 or 10000 gold coins per feat level, why not? It won't be easy but it won't require a new character too.

And yes, it is kind of experimentation. But we probably do not have as much time for experiments as we had before.

It will introduce gold economy just as well.

The reality is -- bugged and weak feats won't be fixed in the closest future. So why should one suffer and pay so high time price for gaining knowledge the chosen feat is weak or doesn't work? It seem to be fair to reduce it.

Or -- only allow to switch 'bugged' feats, not feats with clean and correct description.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2024, 12:49:56 pm by arre » Logged

Blind makes me panic - it brings back bad memories from early days of playing Solace...
disaster

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2024, 03:55:44 pm »

or simply disable the bugged ones until remake?
arre
Lifetime Member

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2024, 04:25:08 pm »

or simply disable the bugged ones until remake?
they could be "bugged", not bugged.

Working, but not good enough.

Blind makes me panic - it brings back bad memories from early days of playing Solace...
Durewn
Premium Member

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2024, 02:24:04 am »

we are not in 2005 or 1998. it is not longer fun to try an idea, condeath and make a new character. Nowadays if the game will take certain amount of time, I will just quit. Not because i am such a naughty gay. Just because my daughter/girfriend/work require 16 hours per day, leaving me with 8 hours for me (including sleep) and this is the reality for most of us. Sometimes when we are excited, we can overstep this limit, moving everything else on the second plane. But not for long and with "diminishing returns". So I vote both hands for this change. Make it expensive. Or able to change once in 50 hours. Whatever! Some fits just don't work as intended and we have only one Implementor to fix all:

Good guy concentrates for a moment of prayer.
You yell, 'Help! Good guy is casting a spell on me!'
Good guy is in perfect condition.

<6898/6898hp 6898/6898mana 6898/6898mv 213220tnl 23:00 | NESW>

You parry Good guy's crush.
You parry Good guy's crush.
Your acidic bite wounds Good guy.
A meat and iron golem steps in front of Good guy and takes the blow.
A meat and iron golem stops following you.
Your acidic bite misses a meat and iron golem.
Good guy has a few scratches.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 02:32:28 am by Durewn » Logged
Durewn
Premium Member

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2024, 02:24:39 am »

forum bug

to Niano. Sandbox is the game with now leading plot. every player desides what they shuuld do themselves and thus create content. So Solace, minecraft, Conan Exiles, Albion are sandboxes.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 02:35:35 am by Durewn » Logged
Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2024, 02:42:36 am »

I vote against it wholly. 

Durewn
Premium Member

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2024, 04:53:56 pm »

I vote against it wholly. 
You wrote it 6 times allready, and everybody got iy. Maybe, it would be nice to let others express their opinion?  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length