Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:19:10 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  The Inn
| | |-+  2006 - The year of Challenges and Farewells
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2006 - The year of Challenges and Farewells  (Read 4520 times)
jemma
« on: January 04, 2006, 02:56:24 pm »

It seems to be a year of farewells, of comings and goings, from new and old. (not age old Tongue ) It seems to be a year where new ones arrive, older players from times past return, and some of us leave.

Though I grouped with few, for those I had the privelege to  travell with, thank you. (you are so damn hard to catch up with. And you ALWAYS camo Tongue  )

Just when we thought all our fledglings have flown the coup, one now returns, for temporary stay which I believe will be long stay. And as she tries to put her life back together, I am there for her. Family is more important. Smiley

Chemosh, I had hoped to catch up with you. Sorry to have missed you. Time has been very short when I am online. I dash in, dash out. No time to do much sometimes, let alone catch up with people.

Hiddy, I wish you all the best for the future. Do drop me an email, with pic's and tell me how things are going.

Valeria, if I see the light on, I'll say hi. Smiley

Niano, what can I say? Destiny always found us travelling together without even knowing it at first. But fate has kept our elusive love apart. *sigh* one day lol Wink

Karaliel, Solan, Chad, Steven, Mir, Drew, etc etc  on and on, but hey, my memory forgets names. Tongue

Sirrion - thank you. Your are a very respectful and polite person. I wish you all the best in what you are doing. Keep up the good work.

I am sure I will pass by, just to read forum now and then. Or maybe drop in to see what changes have been made. But after hubby's asthma attack today, and the emotional drain from our only precious daughter, no time, no energy for the simple pleasures in life.

People, keep focused on building Solace. Build in in good words too. Not just spitting fire at each other. Life is too short don't you think?

Soon, it marks the 5th annervisary of the death of our 20 year old son. And it is always hard, some days harder than others. But you know, I found peace, SOLACE even, when I played Solace. And it was because of the kindness of some of the lovely people I met. Thank you. With all of my heart, thank you. Sometimes, we entertain angels and we don't know it. (Actually, that song is dear to us, as we played it for our son)

So, if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

And guys, if you have a girlfriend, partner, wife - cherish them! And don't eat the takeaway burger when you can have the steak at home!! lol well, you know how that saying goes. My version of it is - if it's not yours, keep it in your pants then. Wink

Blessing lovely people. Love you heaps for the blessings, friendships, help, support, encouragement and confidience you have shown in me, and given me.

Best Regards

Jemma

ps. Kamilla, keep working on your PR skills. You might just make it. Smiley No power flexing on my part. Wink

« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 04:42:16 pm by Jemma » Logged
Valeria
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 10:47:15 pm »

vis

This is sad news, indeed!  Jemma, you know you will always be in our hearts, and my prayers and wishes go out to you and your family.  Family First!  Good for you.  I know this decision is a hard one, but I hope you know that we will patiently await for your return, if and when you can.  Take care of your family.

Keep in touch with us at least in other realms, as you can.

I guess I now need to sell my shares in the local elven winery...

camo
Tarius
High Member

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 03:24:00 am »

WHAT!? Jemma!

You're not allowed to leave, i order you to stay...

order Jemma stay.
Ok.
Jemma sits down to stay awhile.

Well, Jemma, it has been fun. Way back to the day of Yaalimu, i'm pretty sure you picked on the poor Kender...wait, Jemma would never pick on anyone. Too bad Tarius didn't get to spend much time with you, although i had no idea what characters you played, except the few you told me. Good luck in life, you have it good (husband, children, grandchildren), way to go! Anyway, talk to you later, don't forget about us.

-- Tarius (Drew)
jAx
Lifetime Member

Kingdoms are forged by war...

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 08:16:43 am »

It has always been fun Jemma!! If you ever need to talk or just to chat for a brief bit don't forget my MSN.

It's always been fun and we will wait your ever adventurous return in the future..whether distant or near.

Forever keep a calm, clear, doubtless mind...it times that seem to bring defeat.

Steven

Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.
shappa
Premium Member

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 04:38:16 pm »

Best wishes and good luck Jemma!  Wink

You was always fun  Smiley
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 08:57:45 am »

Jemma my dear, what can I say? Indeed it was destined to torture us forever. No matter what we made where we were or who we were, we always ended up together somehow. Shame we never did marry, so many of our characters had it planned. I guess I can only say I'm going to sorely miss you.

A secluded grove.

The forest seems quiet here, all except for the breeze rustling the leaves. No anmals are seen, and rightly so as a strong sadness hangs in the air.

who

===Visible players in the realms===
Niano the lonely dark elf

Players found: 1

get vi sac

You get a polished black violin from a Big ol' pack sack.

sing 'sorrow of the dark one'

You sing a melancholy balad.

Oh me, how my dark heart grows darker
As I look and watch you go
I look up to the heavens
But see only the trees swaying to and fro
Will we meet again, I do so dearly pray
Until I see thy beauty again i'll sit here and play

scan e

You scan east.
***1 east***
***2 east***

scan w

You scan west.
***1 West***

***2 West***

sigh

You sigh.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length