Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:35:33 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Kidnapping and such
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Kidnapping and such  (Read 16352 times)
Proph

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 09:19:04 am »

I think the carry idea is the best, and I thought of another sub-idea: you could make it impossible to do other things (pick stuff up, fight other people etc.) until you drop the victim (as having someone slung over your back makes it really difficult to do even the simplest things).

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 09:57:08 am »

I like this idea about carrying. Definitely.

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Crusader
Lifetime Member

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2006, 10:10:18 am »

I don't like that idea with carrying. Assassins have knowledge in dark magic. So they can posses some spells. Kindnap can be spell.

c kidnap victim
You open a dark shimmering whirpool that rips space into peaces and swallows you and your victim.

Dark shimmering portal open and you found yourself somewhere else.

Can be something like that. Failed to kidnap a victim may be into ways. You can transfer self without a victim or just failed to transfer self too. Or third way whirpool can swallow only victim and leave you. But I doubt in this. As any spell such spell shouldn't have chaotic energies and live with it's own life. Assassin should control it. But as he is not mage it possible that he can fail sometime to do it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 11:34:16 am by Crusader » Logged
Nuitari
Immortal

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2006, 11:30:41 am »

2 Crusader: If it is a spell - you weaken assassins in heretics.
2 others: drag-type kidnapping is being discussed with other immortals. item-in-inventory is out of question - maybe it adds realism, but is just too cool on gameplay side. While being your item the guy is protected from everything! Okay, we can add bazillion checks for guards, guildguards, clanguards, tracking mobs, stalking, eagleyeing, insighting, gating, summoning.. etc, etc.. but what for?
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006, 11:34:28 am »

Nuitari, it must be very short piece of time to carry one at your inventory.
Besides, let's make 'kidnap guard' then to prevent spamming..

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Crusader
Lifetime Member

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2006, 11:38:01 am »

Yeap, forgot about them.  Grin Then what is  the sens in skill recall? Same to vanish.
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2006, 11:44:35 am »

about carriing person while kidnapig  - greate idea. but it can be implemented without char=to=item and with little part of dragging idea:

quick pushing (without delay) = same as carriing - you just dont move simple : east, you use #10 (drag person east) #5 (drag person north). so - it will be more hard to carry people with ""speedwalks" and need to think while dragging - same as carriing in inventory. and we can balance duration of kidnaping by movements

seems it s not so hard to code, compare with turn person to item (just imagine if someone will sell you to slave-trader Smiley) for 10 000 gold...

Nuitari
Immortal

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2006, 11:50:22 am »

'recall' for heretics is pure OOC crap, imho  Smiley

Though it was placed there with a certain reason - there are just too many inescapable otherwise traps.
Green or Blue Tower (forgot which one), flyonly/swimonly (without a boat) rooms, etc, etc.

(No, you can leave Sla-Mori by feet, even without passdoor and picklock. No, lots of others so-called locked rooms do actually have keys, everyone's just too lazy to find them, even if it costs them life)

We're working on ideas of other skills (and subtle changes in areas) that will render recall unneeded.
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2006, 11:55:33 am »

heretics without recall - nice to hear...

Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2006, 06:45:56 pm »

Heh, it would be nice if slim elf will be able to carry on his shoulder a fat dwarf or huge mino. *shrugs* Dont you ever think about the sizes and weight?
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2006, 04:55:42 pm »

Smiley
> kidnap Hiddukel
You kidnap Hiddukel!

> i
You are carrying:
  a small Hiddukel

> c desecrate Hiddukel
Dark aura surrounds a small Hiddukel before fading away.

> i
You are carrying
  (Darkened) a small Hiddukel

> c 'transfer object' Hiddukel Chemosh
With a flash of light a small Hiddukel disappears.

2 Nierth and everyone: size checks are easy.. but.. imagine a 27-level assassin kidnapping his 31-level clanmate to protect from hero-ranked enemy or to carry him right inside the enemy clan! I believe that the skill will be heavily abused if done this way. Thus, I propose 1) kidnap <victim> direction --> drag victim with a small chance of waking him if he sleeps and attacking him if he does not, 2) kidnap <victim> --> drag victim somewhere in area/nearby area and attack, no matter is he sleeping or not.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 04:59:50 pm by Habbakuk » Logged
Matthew

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 01:09:47 am »

Well, it should be nearly impossible to sneak lugging someone around.
So from responses and talks about push/pull i gather you's are talking about something like this?

Matthew enters the room dragging Thulga behind him.

358:HP 253:MANA 200:MV 27704:TNL Exits: W> look

A room
With a description and stuff.
Matthew is here.
A bound and gagged Thulga is laying here unconcious.

358:HP 253:MANA 200:MV 27704:TNL Exits: W>

Matthew leaves west dragging Thulga behind him.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Kolin
Premium Member

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2006, 01:53:57 am »

I think, exactly like that.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length