Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:54:39 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  A small idea for newbies.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A small idea for newbies.  (Read 2564 times)
Proph

« on: January 16, 2006, 07:45:27 pm »

I noticed that there are quite a lot of crappy players on solace-- those who depend o the other people in the group to think for them, move, fight, etc. I have even seen some risen to very high ranks that don't know how to navigate the realms or even PK very well.  I think this is caused because the person never really has to do anything on his own,  never adventures out to find things himself and develops some kind of dependancy disorder.

One solution that would not only help these practically paralyzed players, and just provide some real interesting spice for the game would be to create some quests ideal for lower level chars (maybe ranks 10-20?). They could be similar to the kinds of quest you'll go on in a group of 35+ rank chars, except relatively easier, and reward not so nice of a equipment (but still something better than you'd pick up in the troll village). I know that when I go on the quests with my more experienced chars it increases my desire to roleplay and adds new life to the game, and I also know that there are TONS of players (many now have quit) that never got the opportunity to go on a real quest.  Huh

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 08:25:04 pm »

Was put in our to-do list long ago. Thanks for reminding.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length