Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:25:31 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Official Site
| | |-+  Resurrect old items list?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Resurrect old items list?  (Read 27120 times)
Proph

« on: January 26, 2006, 01:10:44 am »

Does anyone remember on the allnetwork.ru site there was an items list listing many of the things you find in solace, their properties and a little about how they're acquired? Is there a possibility something like this could be brought back? I think it would be a great aid to newbies, and for other people who don't have time to identify every item in the game (or don't have such a spell) and want to know how to eq their char right for certain situations. It would also encourage them to explore more to find exotic eq they've never worn.  So does anyone know where the code for that site exists or how we could start up something like this?

It's just a thought.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 01:16:04 am »

Man, do you have an idea of shame?
Proph

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 01:21:07 am »

For the record, no. Explain your statement.

P.S. This isn't a thread about insulting other people, it's about whether or not to add the items list. If it's a good idea, say why you support it. If it's bad state your point of view. This is called an open discourse, where people exchange ideas and a fitting conclusion or compromise will at one point be reached. That was my goal in creating this topic.

I'm sorry for not clearly defining that in my initial post. Thank you.

Rialon

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 02:08:58 am »

I am sure it was mentioned about maps, not sure about items. There was a decision not to place any on this site. And that is why, as was also mentioned somewhere, there should be an unifficial one, where all such things could be placed.
jemma
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 11:51:22 am »

Man, do you have an idea of shame?

Why shame? This question has been asked before, and many have wondered same thing. It was a great list, great site for information.

I think if memory serves me correctly, it has been closed for long time? Unfortunately!
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 12:19:54 pm »

I think that it's against rules of Solace to post information about items identify and their location on official site. It could be done, may be, only in some literary sense.

Many people have their own lists, no doubt. But they made it themselves, exploring, making different characters and so on. Of course, one friend can send such list to another friend, but in most cases, people're trying to do something for achieving any results.
But now you want Imms to spoon-feed you.

An year ago there were no newbie guilds, and people're still playing.
Now we have a lot of newbie help, and not only for newbies but even for players with some experience. Solace is very newbie-friendly.. yeah.. But please, dont try to live at other's expense.
jemma
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 04:14:05 pm »

Huh
Proph

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 11:25:17 pm »

Ok, so maybe it doesn't have to tell where to GET the actual item, but it could at least list some of the more exotic things that can't be found with locate object. My chars that don't have identify will just end up bugging some mage about it anyway, and the more experienced chars already know ALL about the items (so even if they are a heretic THEY KNOW ALL THE PROPERTIES). It seems like it's just more of gopa's excercising their powers of newbs or semi-newbs.

For the record I'm not a newb, but there was a 2 1/2 year period where I didn't play solace and I forgot all but the basics (plus a few things have been added).

Nuitari
Immortal

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 11:30:55 pm »

Mastered lore gives pretty accurate results when used repeatedly.
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 11:41:31 pm »

I am not that person who should teach but.. (no offence)
Everything you've written above - It is your problem and you are (or should) able to solve it yourself! Do it!
1. Make char with identify spell and explore!
2. Make char who is able to explore without any real problem and travel and seach for interesting.
3. Master you lore skill. Find a groupmate and explore together.
3. Who prevent you from getting knowledge? Do anything exept blaming others for they know more than you. Do something, huh?

Sorry, I'm tired from hard working day. And I dont like this theme anymore.
*Nierth slowly goes away*
Holtrou

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 12:33:41 am »

Who prevent you from getting knowledge?
Those who get things before me.

And about search of the group. I try to find group a lot of time but in 9 cases from 10 I get answer "I'm busy, sir. May be next time."
Who has OOC - get knowledge about things very fast. Who do not want to use OOC or not have OOC-friend - have a large problem with exploring.
For example, Nierth, _If_ you use MIRC (Seems I saw somewhere in forum than you use it. May be I'm wrong). So... If you use MIRC you see that if someone ask about any item he gets even identify often. You can ask about good items with dam and hit rolls etc. I think it is normal and from this point MIRC is really good.

But if we had normal bases of identify we can try to find these items without MIRC.

I can't find group to kill strong Mobs in any dangerous area often to sometime find a good thing. I did it may be 50 hours, but I HAVE NEVER MET really good thing.

You can watch the world after rebooting. There are abjurers, abjurers etc. They know where... They know how... They know who must be killed...

I began to play Solace for only two reasons:
1. I saw nice logs of the fights.
2. I saw information on one site. I forgot its name. There was a lot of orange on this site. This is i remember. There were descriptions of professions, races, skills and spells, base of identification, few maps etc.

And for finish: In my opinion Solace is PK-world. It's very hard to explore when I hear in MIRC: "Где прячется этот эльф. Мне нужны его уши для трофея".
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 01:07:34 am »

Dear Holtrou, do not think that my opinion is based only on my being in irc. It's disrespectfully for me. Moreover I dont see any difference between irc, icq and msn. But it's the another topic.
I am in irc for more than 3 years and I play solace for one and a half year.
I do still remember how it's was hard for me to begin to play. And I repeat - I cant teach whom ever it may be and I dont.

I just told my own opinion (with Imm consent).

I am glad that you saw great site with full information about everything.

But dont you like the feeling when you reveal something for you? When you find new place, when you grow in knowledge making your own efforts?

No need to know whom you need to kill, just go and clear all in an area and watch, watch, watch..

I can find group for travelling without any ooc, not every time but still.. why cant you? May be you dont want? I do not understand the phrase ~I was trying~, say - I wanted and I've done it.

Do you think that only people from mirc like PK? Like to hunt? *shrugs* cant find words here...

I do understand that it's hard for you... But believe me.. When everything becomes easy for player, he begins to be bored and leaves.

About skills - coming soon.
About maps.. I'd like to lay out maps of large cities for example...

Holtrou

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 01:44:59 am »

But dont you like the feeling when you reveal something for you? When you find new place, when you grow in knowledge making your own efforts?
I found only one good thing- robe of archmagi. And I was said that I was very lucky that it wasn't stiried...

No need to know whom you need to kill, just go and clear all in an area and watch, watch, watch..
You are lucky.  I can't clear and clear many areas alone.

I can find group for travelling without any ooc, not every time but still.. why cant you? May be you dont want? I do not understand the phrase ~I was trying~, say - I wanted and I've done it.
You are lucky very-very much!
ORKAN
High Member

Fire and Water, Earth and Air ...

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2006, 02:35:44 am »

The Truth is somewhere in between?!

I apriciate both attitudes. I agree it becomes boring for a player to have everything served on a plate but at the same time ...

I have mine own identified items list. Maybe not within the rules but it REALLY becomes boring to remember all the statistics of the equipment. I know most of the stuff up to 20th level and know which is best for which class and such. But when it comes to know exact stats .... i use the list. There is nothin easy about it.

Still I totally support the idea of more detailed maps. At least for the cities.

To make peace, one must first find the peace within.
jemma
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2006, 05:39:15 am »

Sometimes, some people forget that they are friends with IMM's and other players who have much knowledge of the game. Therefore, they have no need for OOC. Once someone knows who your char is, they help you. This I have seen many many times, and with these players who say they have no help from others, or no need to use OOC.

I have been playing for what? Almost 5 years now? And I still cannot or do not know where things are, but that is due to the problem of storing at once time. But now, in my many many MANY travels and exploring on my own, or with someone else who likes to explore, I am FINALLY finding a few items.

Yes, for those of us who do not use OOC and don't really know people in the game, it is difficult. But just keep exploring, travelling. Make different chars to look around. Clerics were good for exploring because of the gate feature. But now, I am not so sure. Seems to be a bit watered down.
Thief can be good (elf to blend in forest) so you can look at mobs who hold things in inventory.

Just keep exploring on your own. That's the best way to learn. And try not to take much notice of too many people who say they have no trouble getting groups, or don't use OOC or things like that. It is unimportant. What IS important is that you enjoy the game, have fun, and explore.

EXPLORE HEAPS AND HEAPS AND HEAPS!!  Huh Smiley
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 08:41:56 am »

I've been looted a long time ago by Chaos. I took up newbie eq and started exploring. I've found a LOT of new areas and revealed a lot of nice stuff. And ~I like this feeling~

Clerics does nice work on scouting. They can cure almost all maladictions placed on them and consecrate+recall if harsh situation.

If you don't know where to search, ask IC!

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 10:09:30 am »

Jemma, no comments.

You may think everything you want to, I dont care. You just didnt catch the meaning of my words.
Critic

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 10:33:38 am »

Nierth. You just don't know what does it mean to play without ooc (no offense).  Wink

I have been playing for a 5-6 years, and first year I played almost without any help. And the situation was awfull, I held only crap or presents, and, the most thing, I didn't know about EXISTING of many-many-many things. If I obtained nice item from PK - I couldn't load it again due I didn't know where is it from. Especially no_locate items. And the base that was located at solace.allnetwork helped me a lot. After pwipe I was shocked many very well-known mobs have incredible items I could just dream of which. Or many-many-many just unknown. After year of playing I entered IRC, I knew many players from 'muderka' (MSU, yeah) and life became much more easier (or became like it shoiuld be?). And since that time I have item databases (solace.hjt, edge.hjt, etc.), which I append from time to time.

And I try to think about newbies. I remember how it was with me. And I see how it's unfair now, when many players have this base (which is spreading from player to player due OOC), and other don't have it. Newbies will have aims to reach them (like shinies). Their life will become more easier. Like it should be to newbies. With new locate there will be much more exploration than before. At least players will know about existing shinies, maybe not about location (not every item in database has information about its location), but existing! And I think it's more fair, when one part of players know almost all (when one of them obtain somethjing new - he informs his friends), and others know nothing.

I prefer to play with strong enemies than to be a Keeper of Great Secrets.
So I vote to publish info about items. Immortals, your opinion?  Wink

Vsem piz*i, a krilya mne!
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 11:05:08 am »

rofl. Critic, then you just dont know me and think your opinion is absolute. No offence.

In any case, I am against it and I'm sure I'm right.
Critic

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 11:16:17 am »

hehe, eksi, any constructive ideas why against?

Vsem piz*i, a krilya mne!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length