Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:37:41 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
solace.senseisoft.com:4000

- Please no drama, no toxic stuff etc. Respect each other. Let everyone play and enjoy.
- Respect legacy of Solace: roleplay.
- Strictly follow ALL RULES.

Consider clans closed for now. Write a role indicating you'd love a certain clan; you might be inducted at some point (don't worry about your level).

Coming soon: a solution for solo mages level grind. Multicharring is NOT allowed (see above about following all rules).

Cheers!

(don't forget to invite friends on other platforms)
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)
--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  The Inn
| | |-+  Free the gnomes!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Free the gnomes!  (Read 4276 times)
Sgt Pepper

« on: March 12, 2006, 09:52:57 pm »

Garden Gnome Liberation Front strikes Paris show
April 13, 2000
Web posted at: 8:25 a.m. EDT (1225 GMT)

PARIS -- The dormant Garden Gnome Liberation Front has sprung back to life, stealing about 20 gnomes during a nighttime raid on a Paris exhibition.

"We demand ... that garden gnomes are no longer ridiculed and that they be released into their natural habitat," the Front's Paris wing said in a statement following its weekend strike.

France's first garden gnome exhibition in the exclusive Bagatelle park on the outskirts of the capital opened last month and has been a hit with the public as chic Parisians develop a taste for kitsch culture.

The Garden Gnome Liberation Front vanished from the public eye in 1997 after a northern French court handed its ringleader a suspended prison sentence and fined him for his part in the disappearance of around 150 gnomes.

The only suspected sighting of the organization since then was a mass suicide of gnomes at Briey in eastern France in September 1998, when 11 of them were found dangling by their necks under a bridge.

A letter found nearby said: "When you read these few words we will no longer be part of your selfish world, where we serve merely as pretty decoration."

Now, the sight of 2,000 of the gaudy, colorful creatures dotted around the Bagatelle gardens has clearly proved too big a temptation for the group to avoid.

It warned that it would strike again unless the show was closed and all the gnomes released.

Organizers told the daily Le Parisien that they had no intention of bowing to the Front's demands.

This article is from 2000, anyone know if this group had any more actions recently?

P.S.: They are great!

Run my little chunks of xp, RUN!
jemma
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 12:45:25 am »

ROFLMBO oh that has started my day with a laugh. (goes and hides her gnome - Oh wait, THAT gnome is my hubby  Shocked Grin - goes to the garden, and hides her gnome who is resting under the shade of a lovely tree )  Grin
Matthew

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 01:59:25 am »

My miss's is a gnome stealer!  Grin

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
jemma
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 05:15:33 am »

My miss's is a gnome stealer!  Grin

She stole you? :O
Matthew

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 07:40:26 am »

No im an elf!

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
jemma
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 09:08:50 am »

No im an elf!

MY BWUTHER!!!! OI OI OI sheesh!! We lost the cricket BIG TIME!! How bad was THAT?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length