Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:50:47 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Druids
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Druids  (Read 21014 times)
Lizzy
« on: March 24, 2006, 06:46:36 am »

Druids are herbalists correct? Knowledgeable in gathering herbs for healing and curative. So, why not enable them to be able to ID plants and flowers. Not lore, but ID them?
Gena

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 07:56:42 pm »

They do have identify spell
It would be nice if they could plant something and then gather nice fruits  Smiley
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 01:50:04 am »

Don't you think that druids should also have some skill simiral to ranger camouflage? I mean, they are the priest of the woods and so far, those poor tree huggers seem unable to hide themselves from those nasty necros and outcasts even in forests... It's injustice, I say! signed Kalimero Tongue

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
MacFie
High Member

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 02:33:02 am »

They get treeform, that's a pretty bad ass spell

O Ghaidheil, o caite 'n deach t' uaill 'Nad fhine 's 'nad chanan 's do thir?
deda

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 03:59:05 am »

But cannot move in treeform... I mean't a skill that will make them invisble in forest and able to move unobserved...

Make yourself all honey

Matthew

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 05:14:17 am »

Choose Greater Wolf for form.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Klash
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 07:02:03 am »

True Wolf form gives you the ability to camo but would be nice to have it without  having to cast greater!Would also be nice to have the ability to see those hidden or invis people without buying potions!
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 08:47:06 am »

Join warders and get chameleon.

As for 'missing' detect invis - druids are children of nature and invisibility - pure magic, so there is no natural way for druid to see it.

Detect invis 'for free' can be obtained in Tower of High Sorcery in Palanthas. Just need some skills to fight Smiley

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 08:54:57 am »

Detect invis 'for free' can be obtained in Tower of High Sorcery in Palanthas. Just need some skills to fight Smiley

Bad advice to visit ToHS. 'for free' will mean 'for your life' most of cases.  Angry
Klash
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 10:20:35 am »

Hmm!Seems i will need to eat allot of carrots that or I will need to search for a new herb that will allow me to!
Lizzy
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 03:32:27 pm »

Hmm!Seems i will need to eat allot of carrots that or I will need to search for a new herb that will allow me to!

LOL eat all those carrots and your ears will grow long and floppy. But yeah, druids are herbalists, and tree huggers.  Shocked Pity we couldn't have a skill enabling us to find certain tree, and extract herb or such that casts invis or such. And the herb is only visible to the druids trained eye. LOTS of herbs like that, only trained to be visible on the ground even to druids.

You see a small ant crawling amongst the green grass.

get ant

eat ant

You have become invisible.

You say  ' See that ant on the ground?'

Popeye says 'What ant?'

who

Crafty the female wild elf
Popeye the sailor man

group

[24 Dru] Crafty       100%hp 100%mana 100%mv
[32 Ass] Popeye     100%hp 100%mana 100%mv

deda

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 11:35:10 pm »

Still, wouldn't you agree that they need some kind of camo after all? Without joining the Warders or getting greater wolf form? C'mon they are the peeps of the woods, they KNOW how to make themselves invisible in the woods... And not to be the usual cannon fodder, being unable to see invis or to be invisible...

Make yourself all honey

Proph

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 12:12:03 am »

Why do rangers use camo? They make surprise attacks. Druids are more like healers imho... no need.

Nothing is too much to hope for.
deda

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 12:28:36 am »

Yeah, 'cause if they did had something like it, what necro would come to a forest to feast on tasty druid game Tongue

Make yourself all honey

Klash
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 01:00:44 am »

Hmm well how about giving them a trap of somesort,not a harm trap just an alarm type that the druid may set up in an area within reasonable distance and let the druid know that someone be it invis or not has walked through that area!
Matthew

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 03:38:36 am »

There are free detect invis potions around. Also places to find alot of coins worth of item to sell and purchase extra's.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Lizzy
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 04:39:57 am »

I think warders have a trap or alarm to let them know. But yeah. Druids really aren't decked out as woodsmen/ladies/people. They are just another healing class who can turn into an animal  Grin *growls snarls BITES Klash*  Grin or turn into a tree.

Living grass - what is the use of that? Maybe it could be cast as an alarm too? Or trap like the ones set by a thief.

Why are we unable to hide and move at the same time anyway?

MORE POWER TO US DRUIDS yaaaaa  Kiss
Klash
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 04:57:32 pm »

Not sure about the living grass kinda odd for it to just stand there!And my poor treant i didnt wanna kill it tr=troll not tr=treant felt kinda stoopid that day didn't realize you could attack your own pet! :PBite Klash hmm well it seems when i first started my druid i didn't realize that bite was a comand and someone was being a bit snippy so i bit her bad move Wink.
Lizzy
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 05:08:08 pm »

I WASN'T being snippy!!! And what bad move? Tongue Yeah, I still haven't worked out that living grass either. lol The expression - bite me? I will NEVER use with you again!!! BAD BAD wolf Tongue
Klash
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 07:43:05 pm »

And about the detect potions yes i have found some and even with haggle 9900 silver a wack get kinda costly specilay for a rank 10+ when they step into that pk world!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length