Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:43:39 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Logs
| | |-+  Good thing kiri only shows up once every few months
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Good thing kiri only shows up once every few months  (Read 18453 times)
Matthew

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 06:49:05 am »

He knows you have used magic because, as a 'dark elf' you must have used dark magic. Elves are not outcast from the society for any other reason. On that note, most elves cannot be 'lawful good' by the games terms. They have thier own laws and should not be subjected in rp to the laws of human's. Elves do things in the dragonlance series that arent compatible with the 'lawful good' of this game. When situation demands they take steps almost completely against a good alignment, therefore most must be neutral in some way. Yeah i reckon there are alot of lawful good elves, they stay home, weave cloth and other things. Some are guardsmen, some not. But the bulk of elves are definately not good. Elves subjugate and oppress those half-elven heritage, human's and sometimes even treat dwarves badly, which is definately not the actions of a 'good soul'. An elven knight is as rare a thing as an outcast elf yet this little world is full of both! Niano should have been able to make his elf neutral chaotic from the point of creation. And as an elf requiring justice or vengence and if his cause was just, should have support in some way from Kiri Jolith. He would have to go about his justice following the elven ways which would definately not be slay every elf you see just because he is an elf(more of a liberate the elven 'slaves' thing. That is the domain of vengence and the actions of a dark twisted soul, something i think as completely out of role as an elven or kender heretic. And when you think about why elves are outcast there is not really much reason one would worship any god other than Nuitari but worship or not no evil god would really accept and elf evil or not as a disciple. He chose a dark elf for his race though (not that he could have been neutral chaotic) so must rp Evil. 'Dark elves' in this game should not be able to become anything other than mage classes, Elves should be able to take all neutral alignments, and no evil god should support an elf. They are despised by the evil gods as the creation of good, the alignment of the actual elf means nothing.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 08:07:38 am »

Deda. I attacked your good elf(don't actually remember doing so, but i don't doubt that I did) without a word because what have I to say to you? You are an elf. You are niano's kin who still lables him evil when you know nothing of him. All elves seem to take this approach to me. Merolith lives because he is the one who saved me from being executed. As such he has my trust. I don't kiss emerath's butt. He and I have become friends, so be it then. Am I not allowed to have friends? And attacking you at ms or all elves that cross ms does not count as attacking anything and everything that moves.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 03:28:29 pm »

Heh, I escaped, so it's not a biggy. But then your role has no backgroound in reality, don't you think. You cannot say you're neutral and start bashing everyone in sight... And you did say something like that to Kiri... And sorry 'bout the butt kissing comment, I was way out of line and I apologize...

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 04:34:44 pm »

as a 'dark elf' you must have used dark magic. Elves are not outcast from the society for any other reason.

Read DL carefully, for example Elhana Starwind has been outcasted due to bribed authority but she had definitely pure and kind soul.

Dark elves - fighters use no magic at all so why should they be -outcasts-?

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 05:38:04 pm »

Exactly, dark magic isn't the only reason for being exiled. And again deda, i don't smash everyone in sight, just elves. I'm completely neutral to everyone except them. I have good friends, I have evil friends, I have neutral friends, but merolith is the only elf.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2006, 12:15:39 am »

And how many good non-elves are there?

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Matthew

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 11:53:36 am »

Read DL carefully, for example Elhana Starwind has been outcasted due to bribed authority but she had definitely pure and kind soul.

I dont remember that which means its probably a book i havent read or it was so long ago i dont remember.
I do remember reading about Dalamar in several books(he was a favorite character of mine hehe), one which stated factually that his study of dark magic was the only way an elf could be outcast.

Deda, what is the point of your question?

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2006, 12:09:39 pm »

Strange logic. Every shark IS fish BUT not every fish is shark!
So, every dark magic user is exiled from elven society BUT not every outcast use dark magic!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 12:14:03 pm by Quino » Logged

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Kiri-Jolith
Immortal

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2006, 02:21:41 pm »

Good day.

Each and every person who wishes to roleplay must chose their role and follow it. It is unacceptable to change your role to better suit your ooc/pk/other needs each time these needs are changed. It is unacceptable to demand that Immortals change your align, ethos, age, etc. And even worse, to demand such things when driven by ooc/pk needs.

Before you chose race and class, I suggest you read helps. Dark elves must be evil, and knights must fight them. There may be exceptions, but noone guaranties you will become one. And if you are not an exception, you should act according to our roleplaying rules.

If you do not agree, there is always a solution. You may contact Chemosh and tell him, for example, that Kiri-Jolith won't change your alignment. I am sure he will quickly resolve this situation.
Rialon

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2006, 02:35:29 pm »

'Resolve situation' by Chemosh?  Shocked
'You dare to demand anything of the GODS, worm?!' *smite* *smite* *smite*  Grin
Lizzy
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2006, 04:29:20 pm »

'Resolve situation' by Chemosh?  Shocked
'You dare to demand anything of the GODS, worm?!' *smite* *smite* *smite*  Grin

You forgot something

<deny>  Tongue Kiss
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2006, 04:36:13 pm »

Immortals've become too kind lately Wink

And the only character I ever denied was one immortal Wink
Sirrion

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2006, 05:14:39 pm »

Greetings again.

As I can see, the only wrong thing from Immortals' side was the fact that the speech was too long. If you have no approved role chapter stating you are something special, you have to follow the RP rules strictly, there is no third choice, sorry.

И поэтому я так бегу по дороге
С патефоном волшебным в тележке своей.
Niano
Lifetime Member

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2006, 06:15:16 pm »

That would have been a much simpler solution rather than freezing me and going on about crap. Simply say that if i want to do this i have to scribe a role. Would've helped much and might not have pissed me off so much. And I never demanded you change my role. I said you could if you so desired because it had been suggested to me before. And how would going from evil to neutral better suit my pk needs? Makes zero sense.

Anton
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2006, 07:08:33 pm »

To the outcast elf thing, tanis was almost exiled when he was framed for the murder of an elf in one of the dragonlance book and also the elf's father or grandfather was exiled for leading a movement to open up qualinesti to the other races, so magic isnt the only thing neither is being evil
Matthew

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2006, 10:48:52 pm »

I read up about Elhana and any other elf i can find outcast and found that only users of dark magic were hunted, the others were just not allowed back in. Those outcast and not a user of dark magic was subject to descision by the current leadership and could be revoked but anyway. None of those elves were evil and tanis was a half elf. The points of my post are still valid, all but the users of dark magic can still use elven ways to regain entry and justice, the descision can be over-turned by new leadership or other things yada yada.

Kiri-Jolith
Immortal

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2006, 11:49:44 pm »

Neither Tanis nor Elhana were dark elves. And noone of them worshipped Sargonnas. Niano will not become neutral. The discussion is over.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length