Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:25:04 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Newbies Section
| | |-+  Transmuter guide?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Transmuter guide?  (Read 2809 times)
noober

« on: May 05, 2006, 07:00:38 pm »

is there a transmuter guide around somewhere?  I'm thinking of trying the class but have some questions..

I guess first off, the major diferences between abjurer and alterer? How I understand it now it seems abjurer is a supportive class that can shapeshift ok, but mostly is just a sanctuary/shield caster type class.  As opposed to an alterer who has less shields but better shapeshifts, and is not primarily a secondary/supportive class. And as opposed to an invoker which has very few shields, and no shapeshifts, but many offensive spells.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 11:44:59 pm by Maerryji » Logged
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 11:27:07 pm »

You are right.
1. Alteration mages have two powerful offence and defence forms, they are namd 'major' (bull,lion,tiger-offence; armadillo,porcupine-defence)
Abjuration mages got much more powerful spells like spellturning, astral and displacement but they have only their minor forms (like fox,jackal for offence and hare,turtle for defence)
Transmuters damage in their forms using shapeshift. All damage they do is physical.

Invocation magi attacks with different elements (fire,cold,earth,air,lightning and they have one physical spell (bookish)) and protects with elemental shields (immune to element, +12 res. to physical; three shield at time maximum).
I would not recomment for new player to play as invokey, it's much harder than other classes.

I'd recommend you to try to play as transmuter.

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length