Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:04:04 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Lord Majere Knight Skills
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lord Majere Knight Skills  (Read 9042 times)
Hansen
Premium Member

« on: June 21, 2006, 03:31:20 pm »

Hello everyone, I am young to solace. I Just started a Knight of Lord Majere. I have noticed that there are no powers From Majere for knights, Paladine and Kiri-Joilith have given powers to knights, so why not Majere? i was also looking to find ideas that the Immortals could use if Majere made powers for knights. 

я злопамятен!!!!!!!
Nuitari
Immortal

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 11:57:13 pm »

Knights are currently unified, no special powers for worshipping the god of your choice. The only thing different is your sign and roleplay.
Though you can always give us some ideas, provided they are good they have chances of ending up in manuals or the likes.
Hansen
Premium Member

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 10:22:46 pm »

I think that you should have more staff skill as clerics of Majere would be given just to have a power from lord majere or something. i will keep thinking. thanks

я злопамятен!!!!!!!
Hansen
Premium Member

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 08:22:13 pm »

Okay I have been brain storming about some ideas here area a few:

1: Empower: Last Stand
         Negates all Flee Attempts when casted in a room and is a fight to the death for the knight or the opponet.

2: Empower: Mind Over Matter
         Each time the knight is hit with sleep Blackjack or Strangle he builds a restance to these attacks from that character.

I am new to Solace and even Mud in general I hope my ideas are not to unbalanced. Thanks

я злопамятен!!!!!!!
Solmir
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 11:14:07 pm »

hey i like it!  Wink
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 03:08:56 am »

Negates all flee attempts? Sounds pretty cheaty, flank works much more worse; latch as well.

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Ridgeway
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 05:15:35 am »

Sounds Cheaty? Uhh No. Assassins have the kidnap skill which makes it so people can't flee. If it's in a manual or something like that then everyone has a chance of getting it, not just knights. I notice to many people like to flee while they are fighting anyway, I believe if you have the balls to attack someone you should have to stand and fight not run and heal and come back, rinse and repeat. That's crap. If you made people stand and fight instead of running like cowards when they commence to getting their ass whooped people would start thinking before attacking. I like the idea of the Last Stand.

And for the resistance thing maybe it should be more like a diminishing returns thing. The more you cast something on someone in a short amount of time they become more resistant to it. That keeps people from using that BS tactic sleep you, blind you, curse you, run away, come back and do it again. That's cowardice as well. I've noticed the more I play their really aren't any good people in PVP they have to use coward tactics to actually beat you. I understand if you suck and that's the only way you can beat someone, just when they tell you that you suck ADMIT IT. Don't laugh and sh*t cause you had to take them completely out of combat to beat them so they couldn't attack you. Just admit it and say "Yeah Im a chicken sh*t and couldn't kill you in an actual fight."  So ya something like a diminishing return would balance it out. You might sleep blind and curse them then run away and come back but after you do it to them 2 or 3 times it either won't work, or they will snap out of faster and have a chance to defend themself. That also would make some of these people think before attacking people.

Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 09:39:08 am »

Assassins have the kidnap skill

only shadow assassins have this skill and not all assassins are shadow ones;
I promise - with THIS empowerment we'll have a bunch of goppers really soon as you can completely prevent someone from fleeing and some classes reckon flee as the only possibility to end a battle.

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Werewolf
Premium Member

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 10:36:21 am »

It's clear both propositions will make very much overpower to knights (not to mention they already ARE overpowered). What now makes them more or less balanced is lack of hold skills (except bash and not working flank). You are proposing to add superb one to them. Second, imagine both of these abilities working combined with groupmates of different classes...
Rialon

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 12:25:14 pm »

Ridgeway, perhaps everyone should be fighters and knights and just stand and try to overdamage eachother? You should take into concideration, that it is not a player you are fighing, but a character. If you are fighting a sneaky assassin, then expect all dirty tactics, that shall help kill you. Sleep and and all the other things you mentioned are skills of evil characters mostly, so it is alright for them to use such things. I mean i real life do you always expect a fair fight of honour?
Ridgeway
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 07:41:25 pm »

As I said if it becomes a manual everyone would have a chance to get it. And second that sleep, curse, blind thing takes your ability to do anything including logging out. It was done to me once while I was heading to town to log out and I couldn't for about 10 mins because they kept doing it. That's BS and also why I think a diminishing returns thing would be fair. It wouldn't mean that Id always be resistant to your sleep, curse, or blind. It's just for that amount of time. If you keep doing I become resistant to it so you can't keep doing it. Then if you see me again 30 mins later Im back to a normal and you can start again, however Id become resistant to it again the more you do it. Then after a while I wouldn't be anymore. It's not a constant thing it's for that duration so I can at least do something like move to another area, log out, or defend myself if I so choose. People don't like ideas like that because it overpowers/underpowers a certain class. No it doesn't it balances the game. A fight in PVP should be based off your skill with your character, gear, and knowledge of the game, (ie. Feats chosen, what weapon skills you build, etc.) Not chicken sh*t tactics to keep you from doing anything.
Nuitari
Immortal

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 10:17:35 pm »

Hansen:
We've got few ideas from your examples, maybe they'll be implemented soon.  Smiley

Ridgeway:
Chicken tactics is still tactics, every class has its own means to fight. But for each tactic countermeasures exist. Let's take apart your case:
You could use a potion of return instead of running (potions in inventory are available even if you're blinded).
You could have more will saves to be guarded from sleep. (Hero-level outcasts use sleep very-very rare because of that)
Instead of trying to run away (and waiting for incoming sleep) you could stand still and spam something meaningful on your opponent (like bash, or dirtkick - which buys you time to escape). Character that stands still and spams usually wins a whose-attack-is-first competition with a running character.
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 11:53:17 pm »

You could use a potion of return instead of running (potions in inventory are available even if you're blinded).

You cannot quaff in battle; and if flee is disabled for you.....
Second point, if this empower will be saves-independant it will make assassins/thieves life a nightmare!

deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 02:42:39 am »

Btw, knights have protectorate which makes them almost impossible to sleep by the use of magic means... I'm against this idea. And one more thing: it seems to me that very soon there are going to be three subclasses of knights and their opposition - outcasts have only one class, and it is a very poor one. And as far as I recall, Ariakan created the order of the outcasts on the basis of the Solamnic code... Maybe you should these two classes more balanced first, then start implementing the new stuff...? Wink

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
novann
Premium Member

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 09:07:41 am »

1: Empower: Last Stand
 Negates all Flee Attempts when casted in a room and is a fight to the death for the knight or the opponet.
Dont like that, cause there will be no more thieves and evil assassins. If it will be not a 0% chances to flee, but it will be saves dependant, may be its makes sence. But anyway good groups with knight for example in case of 3 on 3 will win 100% of battles. Just fix the old kind flank, when 2 knights can flank to death.
2: Empower: Mind Over Matter
 Each time the knight is hit with sleep Blackjack or Strangle he builds a restance to these attacks from that character.
(My english is bad, so 'build a restance' means that knight will improve the skill to avoid further blackjacks/stangles from the fist attempt of it? Right?)
Heh, why it will be given to knigths only? Cause their honourability dont allow them to fight with chicken thieves? Lets give to thieves ability to make restance to wrath then, why not Smiley ? And still we have blackguard and neckguard that dont allow to blackjack and strangle for 2 more hours after someone jacked/stangled.
So bad idea. Blackjack is the at least the only way for thief to battle.
Hansen
Premium Member

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 12:05:39 am »

these were just a few ideas. I wish to see Lord Majere have a chance at giving knights empowers, if these are a little to much then by all means do not use them. i thank all of you for your replies. if anyone has any other ideas please let me know...

я злопамятен!!!!!!!
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 02:01:39 am »

Hansen, please take a look here

Aereth
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 03:00:01 pm »

There will always be lads who howl like beaten dogs about how overpowered some classes (that just owned them) are.

Just listen to them! Knights are overpowered! Outcasts are overpowered! Heretics are overpowered! Entropy is overpowered! Thieves are overpowered! Necromancers are overpowered! Assassins are overpowered! Invokers are overpowered!

Of course, it's much easier to howl at the forums about how overpowered your enemy is, than to admit that he or she is quite skilled in using his or her character class, and then to find the way to win.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length