Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:06:06 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Mounted fighting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mounted fighting  (Read 2002 times)
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« on: August 11, 2006, 08:41:55 pm »

I was reading the book "Dragons of  a Vanished Moon" and it gave me an idea. Make it possible for a person to fall off their mount when fighting. During combat make it possible for a blow to knock an opponent off thier mount with a strong blow, but also leave the chance that you will also tumble down due to losing your balance. This could be applied many ways, and your skill in mounted fighting can determine how easily you can unhorse and opponent and also how often you will lose your balance. Perhaps you could also tie this in with giving your mount a sort of skill level. Make them skittish. Have mounts get scared when combat is going on around them. Perhaps they can buck or rear up. Again, your skill determines if you fall or not. And the more combat your mount sees, the less they will act up. This will also make people more careful with their mounts I think, and just add a little more depth to the game.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length