Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:26:39 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
solace.senseisoft.com:4000

- Please no drama, no toxic stuff etc. Respect each other. Let everyone play and enjoy.
- Respect legacy of Solace: roleplay.
- Strictly follow ALL RULES.

Consider clans closed for now. Write a role indicating you'd love a certain clan; you might be inducted at some point (don't worry about your level).

Coming soon: a solution for solo mages level grind. Multicharring is NOT allowed (see above about following all rules).

Cheers!

(don't forget to invite friends on other platforms)
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)
--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Logs
| | |-+  Clanless knight with takhisis shadow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Clanless knight with takhisis shadow  (Read 10554 times)
daleth
« on: November 04, 2006, 09:51:36 pm »

http://solace.i-read-you.ru/forum/logs/lview2.php?log=88

NameChanger

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 10:00:38 pm »

Khmmm... And what?
daleth
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 10:10:59 pm »

> Khmmm... And what?

Nothing yet.

I am awaiting, when first log (that I have sent to admins) will be allocated ([b i g l o g] tag doesn't work). In this first log I + mishacler hopelessly lose to Seregil.
The point of two logs is: yes, I realize that diffirent classes are supposed to beat different foes and lose to other foes. I realize that there is no (and should not be) such thing as balance. But. Still. Something is wrong here.

PS: I still think You could defeat me after sting if you would do right thing...
NameChanger

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 10:18:40 pm »

I hoped for more long series of fight...
But yes, it's disarming - i'm in clan you -  not...
And my stuff better yours.

Sure, i have not bad chances after sting, but if you have a good saves, i almost have no sting .

Seems, i can only kill newbies or be a good support - {strangle, latch, stalk, may be sting}
daleth
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 10:43:40 pm »

There is other thing, that disarms me even more: I can not nor hold You, nor see You (hide). That makes my battle with You simply senseless...
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 10:53:47 pm »

Unless you fight him in outside cities... Wink

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
strange_dude
High Member

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 11:11:44 pm »

Well your Ergon is tough guy anyway,  I wonder how to deliver lot of damage to you Smiley Except for cleave-back-cleave
daleth
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 03:06:13 am »

> Well your Ergon is tough guy anyway,  I wonder how to deliver lot
> of damage to you  Except for cleave-back-cleave

When logs with Seregil and Anrakh will be allocated, You will see how to deliver *A LOT* of damage upon poor knight...
And, by the way, You did a lot more damage on me than I did on You.
I simply over-healed myself. And some luck with staff of Stars.

By other hand, You used sanc and (I am almost sure) harden + haste (didn't You?). I used nothing, so I still have some reserve :-)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 03:10:38 am by Daleth » Logged
strange_dude
High Member

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 09:34:05 am »

for sure I did Smiley Without it I hardly can stand against you.  But had no weapon with apropriate dam time,  and I dunno which one do I need, due to log where you fight anrak and seregil I definetely should find some divine.
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 10:05:21 am »

Beneath the Canopy

[Exits: north east south west]
A jar of nectar is glowing with a yellow hue, transparent and beautiful.
A magical spring flows from the ground here.
A nature spring flows from the ground here.
(Charmed) A young green dragon is here awaiting her master's command.
Mottram the male human is here.
The gods protect you from Gragretor.

It seems like a bug for me here
strange_dude
High Member

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 10:10:27 am »

just gragrectors snare or something like this
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 10:24:33 am »

Yes, but since Gragretor is not visible, you should not receive message like The gods protect you from Gragretor. but rather The gods protect you from someone.
kender

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 04:00:15 pm »

You are wrong, the classess you fought are of roughly equal power.
Just invoker was prepared and assassin was not.

Harden, protection, sanc - seems he had nothing of that.
So you stayed alive after you have got stinged.
daleth
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 04:25:03 pm »

He had protection, but doesn't matter. Nothing You mentioned would help him to damage more.
 The fact is: invoker is capable to produce really *HUGE* damage, shadow - is not. This must be balanced by tanking ability: I mean invoker must get way more blows than shadow does. What do we see? On average, invoker takes approximately the same amount of hits (at least, not way more). Add to this he has greater resistance/immune to almost every dam type that weapon can have (excluding 'poisonus byte', 'acidic' and 'none', may be). This makes invoker rather comparable to shadow as tank, but still he damages way-way harder. That was the point.
strange_dude
High Member

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 04:31:41 pm »

You are wrong, Invoker is much worse as a tank. And his huge damage is mostly of lightning/fire damtype.
Vasq
Premium Member

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 04:38:59 pm »

You lose 33 experience points.
You hear someone's death cry.

Strip wrath from this betrayer!!  Cheesy
kender

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 01:58:58 pm »

He had protection, but doesn't matter. Nothing You mentioned would help him to damage more.

You are true. But he lose NOT coz he could not damage more. He lose (and Óou stayed alive) coz he was not protected enough to kill you stinged. Else he just dealt comparable little damage but it could be enough to win the fight.

The fact is: invoker is capable to produce really *HUGE* damage, shadow - is not.
Agree. It's benefit of invoker class. Shadow class has no such benefit.

This must be balanced by tanking ability: I mean invoker must get way more blows than shadow does.

Must? If there are be fighting classes in the world i probably would agree you. But there are much more advantages except of damage dealing and ability to successfully tank, right?

What do we see? On average, invoker takes approximately the same amount of hits (at least, not way more).

I doubt you are wrong here. For example there were solamnic assassins who withstanded heretics quite easy. Coz they were vulnerable for spec attacks only, direct hits rarely got'em. Do you see tower invokers blocking blows so easily?

Add to this he has greater resistance/immune to almost every dam type that weapon can have (excluding 'poisonus byte', 'acidic' and 'none', may be). This makes invoker rather comparable to shadow as tank, but still he damages way-way harder. That was the point.

Its another benefit of invoker class. In exchange shadow has assassinate ability (kill the greatest munchkin in the world!), hide (undetect in fact), kidnap (funny random encounter ability, allows to die with greatest munchkin together), sting of manticore ( You saw action of the skill. Isnt its cool? Isnt it costs of invokers shields?). Vanish - teleport thats more safe than usual.

So i belive the classess are comparable of equal power.

daleth
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 11:09:51 pm »

You are true. But he lose NOT coz he could not damage more. He lose (and Óou stayed alive) coz he was not protected enough to kill you stinged. Else he just dealt comparable little damage but it could be enough to win the fight.

Sting was off exactly after he fled (next round, not tick). So, even if he would be perfect cond to that moment but dealt the same damage, I would escape anyway.

Do you see tower invokers blocking blows so easily?

I mean takhisis invoker, to be honest. Interp hands + blink + phantasmal armor  ==   very, very good tank.

Its another benefit of invoker class. In exchange shadow has assassinate ability (kill the greatest munchkin in the world!), hide (undetect in fact), kidnap (funny random encounter ability, allows to die with greatest munchkin together), sting of manticore ( You saw action of the skill. Isnt its cool? Isnt it costs of invokers shields?). Vanish - teleport thats more safe than usual.

I know shadow's abilities perfectly, really Smiley  It is ultimate pk-machine at low ranks (~18), but at hero against enemy with good saves it really sucks. I am surprised he managed to sting me twice, indeed. Usually, the only thing You are able to land upon strangled enemy - nerve. Even blindness dust is exceptionally hard. Kidnap *or* sting - great luck.
Vanish rocks, of course, but it is not shadow's feature.
NameChanger

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 03:22:49 pm »

Agreed with Daleth.

It's almost impossible to blind+kidnap+sting strangled target. And even if i will find a great-great-great luck and will blind+kidnap+sting - i have small chance to kill.

Usually i just blind target and have no more time to try sting or kidnap him.

I tested sting - clanmate has less 30 saves and i stinged him once from near 100 attemps.

Kidnap lost one of his advantages - now shadows cannot break groups with kidnap becouse chance of kidnapping very small. Add, that kidnap not works in cursed areas, not work on cursed characters. Result - kidnap almost useless in real combat on hero ranks.

Vanish checks curses too - in most cases shadows use recall instead vanish.

Blindness dust not work on transmuters now...

As i notice, rescues breaks latch atacks, so we have nice recept to aviod it.

And aye, shadows have no damage.
This combat - just boring, i not hunted Ergon with all my skills, but it's becouse i tired of playing shadows - great power against newbies and have no power in strong battles.

Sure, it's very great skills - latch and stalk, when i have Anrakh and Seregils on my back, but something are wrong here.

One thing is true about seasons and shadows - it's hard to kill clanless assassin.
kender

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006, 10:34:32 pm »

If he'd succesfully dirt kick you after first raund he could win i think... and disarm also &)

Sting was off exactly after he fled (next round, not tick). So, even if he would be perfect cond to that moment but dealt the same damage, I would escape anyway.
Seems your knight is powerful enough to stay alive even stinged... so only way he could win the fight is assassinate you/

I mean takhisis invoker, to be honest. Interp hands + blink + phantasmal armor  ==   very, very good tank.
Agree.

I know shadow's abilities perfectly, really Smiley  It is ultimate pk-machine at low ranks (~18), but at hero against enemy with good saves it really sucks. I am surprised he managed to sting me twice, indeed. Usually, the only thing You are able to land upon strangled enemy - nerve. Even blindness dust is exceptionally hard. Kidnap *or* sting - great luck.
Vanish rocks, of course, but it is not shadow's feature.
So you have to be satisfied with asassinate, hide and stalk abilities as a main power of shadow assassin. Used in right place in right time it can result in wonderful victories.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 11:01:02 pm by kender » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length