Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:07:31 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Area Defects
| | |-+  Equipment revamp
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Equipment revamp  (Read 78088 times)
Rialon

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 01:56:50 pm »

Yea, let this shield grant shield spec to the owner  Roll Eyes.
Raider
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2007, 06:47:33 pm »

wakizashi is actually a japanese sword,  a smaller version of katana.
Was used by dual wielders, helps  parrying. Seems thats one of the reason it was made as a shield Smiley

Or it was universal item, could be wielded or held as shield in original Rom. But solace doesnt allow such things.
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 12:53:10 am »

-this is fine...but the mobs that hold a class like assassin etc...should be bound like another assassin.  If my assassin holds this wakazashi it should act as it does on the drow assassin. I think anyway

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Matthew

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2007, 11:50:45 am »

As far as I've seen this is the only item in the game like that, if it made a good shield no one would care i think, but it is what? +5 dam and thats it as a shield? perhaps just make it a weapon again. . .funny thing is im sure it was updated already as before flaming it was flaming and not vampiric or the other way around i forget, but left as a shield.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Matthew

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2007, 12:20:18 pm »

Regarding Shannon's set of gear, when wearing it a poor mino with no other plus dex has 3 dex, reflex saves are lower even though every piece except the ring has + to reflex saves on them and some small fortitude as well, theres a fair bit of damage, it should be fixed up for sure Shannon is quite strong. Same as the dwarf in asalandor forest and king of thorb, who has only slightly better stuff but is much harder to kill.

Also i had another idea for this stuff, i noticed that theres not really much in the way of kender clothing. I went looking for it to clothe my kender, anything that is a container has terrible stats, there is a vest that is ok i guess, it could be better considering the other items loaded by the same mob, but anyway, there are several higher level kender mobs about and they mostly have 1 thing on them, a hoopak! One wears a belt which isn't anything special. I was thinking some cool pocketed brightly coloured kenderish stuff would be neat. Not all on the same mob though, but some of it should be kender only!

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2007, 03:22:59 pm »

So far, I've found elf/human/mino/draco-only stuff... What about other races? Like they don't exist  on Krynn... Oh, I forgot - found 2 gnome-only rings... Tongue

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
inkognito
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2007, 04:50:36 pm »

there are also some dwarven things... rings from highbulp, platemail of pax tharkas
there is one staff for kender (delbin)
Moon_Face
Premium Member

Ahuna Matata!

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2007, 08:17:49 pm »

I know heretic_only robe and it does not mean that there must be things for other clans.

sh*t happens...
Matthew

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2007, 12:35:01 am »

We refer to race not clan, your clan doesn't affect your size and shape!

one
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2007, 11:48:08 am »

Magic forest eq could be improved,
Vargin something (where trolls are) bone armor is junk,
area a little below Vargin where drows are is full with junk,
near heretick camp there is a small area with dwarfs there eq also could use redo,
hammered eq and dragon scale eq in nereaka almost useless considering how hard it is to get.
ezus

Yeah , don't cross my path

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2007, 12:32:21 pm »

sorry... как же вы зае.али нытьем... шмота и так полно. Huh

Red-white destiny.
Matthew

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2007, 12:50:54 pm »

Sometimes Google russian to english translator makes me laugh so hard,

sorry... how do you Zae. ali Charlie ... shmota and so full

PS. Lots of the Lava island, ice island etc stuff is quite useless to people who can't get it(alone), and mostly completely useless to those who can.

Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2007, 01:09:44 pm »

Whats the interest to play when everyone is equipped with nice gears Huh

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Rialon

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2007, 04:23:40 pm »

Makes battles more interesting for everyone, not just superbly equipped lot... I think  Roll Eyes
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2007, 05:05:13 pm »

Rialon, I mean:
there _is_ need for lots of nice gears when there are lots of players
but there aren't many.

So everyone comes dressed superbly and PK MUD turns out to be a kindergarten.

Не находишь, что елки-пендосы тратят время на скучное времяпровождение по гильдам? Не участвуют в ПК (еще бы - у них есть прикольный заменитель в виде плеер-вс-моб), ныкаются в астрале. Это называется сторерство. В чем интерес Huh

Sorry for russian, "накипело"

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Rialon

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2007, 05:15:37 pm »

Yea, you are right. But nonetheless, it is nice to enter with a naked hero char and get redressed nicely in a matter of hours, not days  Smiley. It's just personal opinion, because i can't play a lot right now and all my stuff usually poofs, when i enter.
Matthew

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2007, 05:19:13 pm »

Exactly! It doesn't have to be eliteiwillslaughteryouallwithmylittlefinger stuff.

Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2007, 05:27:09 pm »

PK is the fastest way to equip self Smiley

dedraelos
Lifetime Member

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2007, 09:09:23 pm »

I'm hoping for a few more weapons. If you have 2 or 3 fighters (or outcast/ranger/knights) with same specialty chosen, then they can easily get all good weapons of one type.

Say you wanted to make ranger who uses flails, but you have 1 ranger in Solamnia who holds 3 limited flails/whips. 1 Ranger and 1 fighter in heretics that both use flails. You want to be a nimble ranger but 9 or more limited flails/whips are taken.

Yes, PK is the best way to get items. Hard to take items from the elite PKers when your wearing wyrmling gear and their clan travels edges/nether/isle frequently.

Same scenario with all weapon types.
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2007, 06:45:10 pm »

Bloodied axe of Solamnia is human only but weighs 25 and human max strength is 23?

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length