Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:39:02 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Logs
| | |-+  Some battle for slow board
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Some battle for slow board  (Read 21793 times)
Blackley

« on: June 05, 2007, 11:42:20 am »

http://solace.i-read-you.ru/forum/logs/lview2.php?log=111

deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:09:57 pm »

I hate when old players hide behind new forum profiles... Tongue
I don't get it... What was the point in attacking them? They are all half naked. Anyhow, I think that imms can see that they have made thieves a bit too powerful.
Nevertheless, your skill is not in question here.
Btw, winged helm also prevents blindness? Or is it some other item?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:17:24 pm by deda » Logged

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Stranix

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:22:55 pm »

well... Deda guess is right.. Anyway its was unpleasant surprise that my fighter in full offence under adrenalin rush with hitrolls close to 100, 2nd - 4th attack / dual wield  at 100%, sword spec cant pass through parry/dodge/displacement.. Event when there were 3 players + donkey - almost no defence passing with weapon based attackes, except spells/ specs.

Then tell me how can fighter deal with it? Undecided Undecided Undecided
Blackley

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:32:43 pm »

Yes, thieves prepared are powerful- this attack cost:

2000 gold in 2 potions
800-900 gold to get winged helm
6 hours memorising...

more gold on swirlings, vials, return potions, and so on

As for reason- I wanted to try three onto one -shrugs-

Without all these preps, simple overheads from minotaur can obliterate me, meteor swarms 3 demolishes, and so

3000 gold for one battle?? Sad

But with such preparations, everyone is powerful
Blackley

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 12:39:21 pm »

EDIT-

Maybe Lyeine can post some logs? I am sure she has many battles
inkognito
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 12:53:49 pm »

Damn, i have already wrote that and it took mi 15 minutes but my ie crashed. Cheers for Bill and MS for being loyal to themselves by making so unstable things... but...
1. For pk mud it is natural to expect that others want your blood.
2. Thieves are not overpowered... She is probably +20, skills mastered, tons of haste and shimm potions, good eq, good feats... so thats it.
3. Three man  half naked still should have some chances against one, so she took some risk after all.
4.  After all, druid with humble eq can break three man in forest... element of surprise, strong spells... so one winning against three is not overpower by default.
5. This is a bit offtopic... I want to Isinda to know that all three times she killed me i had 20 seconds lag, otherwise i would flee or go porcupine and fled.
6. Who called her 'merchant'? Just 'robber' would be more true... or 'gold addicted' sound even better...
7. This is offtopic too... i am confused a bit with lyeine title too... it would be better 'angel of destruction'. 'Destroying angel' can make somene think that she is in process of destroying herself. I hope you couild understand this since i am not sure i have said what i wanted... simple -ing words can have other meaning...
7. Fighter is not supposed to win against any class...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:55:31 pm by inkognito » Logged
inkognito
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 12:57:35 pm »

EDIT-

Maybe Lyeine can post some logs? I am sure she has many battles

Her role is clear to me... she is bone collector... you can imagine what is in hellish cart that follows her... at least 50 skeletons of other players... lets kill cart and destroy her plans!
Stranix

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 12:58:52 pm »

i was talking not about damage upon her, its clear and makes sense, but about that fighter was unable to bypass parry/dodge/displacement....

+20 makes no sense, fighter is +18 (or 19, dont remember exactly  Tongue)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 01:48:58 pm by Stranix » Logged
Matthew

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 01:02:04 pm »

I dont see any displacement potions laying around.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Stranix

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 01:02:43 pm »

7. Fighter is not supposed to win against any class...

Yeah, sure... nobody claims about this. But its no the core of situation!
Stranix

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 01:04:11 pm »

I dont see any displacement potions laying around.

Something makes me think that it was scribed by Iyel...
inkognito
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 01:07:29 pm »

I agree it is hard to hit her...but it is normal for thieves... they should be kings of dodgeing... I was fighting her with my fighter who has all weapons mastered, weaponmastery and 120/110 hr/dr and it was still one hit per round... maybe it is because she has big ac, uncanny dodge, her dex vs. your dex, preparations...
Some other playeres tried to play thieves but they all sucked. After all it is refreshment to see that this class can be fine, it looked like everybody gave up from thieves...
what is making me astoned is how much resistance she has to fire and other  weapons... looks a lot ... that was surprise for me.
inkognito
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 01:11:57 pm »

two transmuters can kill her if she wouldnt flee...
by the way, compared to lyeine, fighting with isinda looks like eating icecream...
i feel uncomfortable when fighting lyeine.... i cant decide is it because of 10 pets or sleep/dispel combo...
inkognito
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 01:13:55 pm »

Btw, winged helm also prevents blindness? Or is it some other item?
Its her tattoo from prince... woops, i shouldnt say that? Wink
Matthew

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 01:29:56 pm »

I would rather fight Lyneine, her mummies do not mutilate through sanc and she can be hit.
Are people going to say beast assassin should not be able to kill anyone too? I hit Isinda once total in a little fight we had and with blinding speed, 72 dam roll and find vun and iron strike i maimed. Sorry but i find the idea of invincible thieves totally laughable. Yeah thief should be able to dodge, thief skills should allow him to run quck and hide when caught stealing. Not stand and fight warriors, assassins or mages.

Ofcourse it was scribed by someone, i meant no potions laying around for others to 'be that powerful' Thief at the moment is like dual wielding abjurer with Dual backstab restrike bleed and undercut. Next they can have imposing hand.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Stranix

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 01:32:22 pm »

what is making me astoned is how much resistance she has to fire and other  weapons... looks a lot ... that was surprise for me.

Yeap, unbelievable resistance to holy/fire/acid/cold
Stranix

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 01:36:35 pm »

I would rather fight Lyneine, her mummies do not mutilate through sanc and she can be hit.
Are people going to say beast assassin should not be able to kill anyone too? I hit Isinda once total in a little fight we had and with blinding speed, 72 dam roll and find vun and iron strike i maimed. Sorry but i find the idea of invincible thieves totally laughable. Yeah thief should be able to dodge, thief skills should allow him to run quck and hide when caught stealing. Not stand and fight warriors, assassins or mages.

Ofcourse it was scribed by someone, i meant no potions laying around for others to 'be that powerful' Thief at the moment is like dual wielding abjurer with Dual backstab restrike bleed and undercut. Next they can have imposing hand.

Agree absolutely... due to their origin thieves CANT simply STAND and TANK vs fighter of the same rank with mastered skills... flee, bjack, bstab, knife, fle, knife, bleed,fle, fle, etc.... it is.... not tanking... no matter of preparations and feats..

BTw, my resistance vs negative/poison was 20% + sanct.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 01:42:09 pm by Stranix » Logged
Rialon

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 02:06:01 pm »

Hmm, dragon strength, snake speed, haste, displacement,  sanc, harden skin, uncanny dodge, deathblow and almost no preps from the three opponents. What did you expect? I fought Isinda and lost, but is was a close fight. Had no protection evil on (Isinda is evil, right?) and ran out of harden skin in the end of fight, plus all money stolen, so Isinda could heal and i could not. Lower resist, sheet lightning, mount, all same preps and an invoker can be a match. All with the same preps and good eq could put up a fight actually. Theives are fine imho.
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 02:59:20 pm »

Does any of you remember Keonar? I remember when Graul, the Fist of Heretics, fought nearly naked Keonar, and couldn't HIT him, but insetad got disarmed etc... Of course it was before the warpaint was implemented. I think that the only ones that can harm Isinda at this point are heretic fighters which currently are non-existent... So, just be careful... Also, that blast of darkness hurts way too mauch even thru sanc, and I bet their resists against negative are not that bad...

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Stranix

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 03:14:10 pm »

Hmm, dragon strength, snake speed, haste, displacement,  sanc, harden skin, uncanny dodge, deathblow and almost no preps from the three opponents. What did you expect? I fought Isinda and lost, but is was a close fight. Had no protection evil on (Isinda is evil, right?) and ran out of harden skin in the end of fight, plus all money stolen, so Isinda could heal and i could not. Lower resist, sheet lightning, mount, all same preps and an invoker can be a match. All with the same preps and good eq could put up a fight actually. Theives are fine imho.

Hm, Rialon, again, i say nothing about her damage through sanc or my damage upon her... no... im saying that i almost cant even catch here! The growl from my side is not about damage, but about all attacks didnt find the target at all. Dragon strength, sanc, harden skin, deathblow, snake speed - these features play nothing for here dodge/parry. Haste.. i was under adrenalin as well... only displacement  and uncanny dodge... well.. i think its not enough to have so cute defence from all warriors attacks...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 03:17:42 pm by Stranix » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length