Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:46:52 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  whip specialization
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: whip specialization  (Read 3541 times)
moq
Lifetime Member

IRC pet priest

« on: July 17, 2007, 06:50:52 pm »

it would be nice to get some damaging skill in whip spec imho
let it birch violently or something :-)
or else replace taht useless choke with a damaging skill

well, maybe choke isnt so useless, but it seems to me so
ima nub though and i could be wrong :-)

We will descend
On anyone unable to defend
Themselves
Matthew

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 03:30:30 am »

choke is the win, especially against very spelled up opponents. Whip spec is already the best! Want to do damage pick maces or something, Whip spec Rangers are buff enough too.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Moon_Face
Premium Member

Ahuna Matata!

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 10:40:53 am »

It is very interesting to see couple specs turned to virtuoso using of something.
To make my logic more clear i'd like to choose not three specs from all, but one spec from two defencive, one from two damaging and one from two masterly.
We have not bad balanced situation:
Two defencive: spears, staffs
Two masterly: whips, hand to hand
Four damaging: axes, swords, maces, daggers

To make specs more balanced I'd like to see hand to hand more virtuose. For example finger may hit eyes(two time to blind), lorynx(deafen or impossibility to eat and drink for long time), joints (legs with fatigue effect or arms with lower stats).

P.S. And I vote to giving all specs to Warriors like all spheres to Invokers. Thank you.

sh*t happens...
Matthew

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 02:49:40 pm »

I don't understand why you put whips and hand to hand in a 'masterly' category. Whips are just as offensive as axes, swords, maces, and daggers. They have a nice long blind malediction, choke which can be used every round as opposed to sleep, blackjack and strangle, strip is superior to disarm and lash is good unless it's not working then crush is there. If you have hand to hand spec you can still do decent damage when disarmed(great if your blind), ground control is effective even when wielding weapons, in fact they are stronger with the damage bonus from your weapons, and you gain hand block. Hand to hand really belongs in your 'defensive' category and whip belongs in your offensive.

By loranx i gather you mean larynx? I don't understand why you guys want to see extra skills in hand to hand spec, to a warrior wearing all saves, loosing the damage bonus weapons give you is tragic. What you propose is akin to tiger claw, why not ask for dragon punch and viper strike too. . .

As for giving all specs hrm, i like the idea but its probably over powered, being able to place all those maledictions with stand off and choke is scary. . . maybe an 'additional spec' manual so that with time a warrior could have 4 or 5 specs. . .

On another note i had a think earlier about warrior specs and wondered why the amount of spec's you can take isnt limited or increased by your race. For instance a clever elf could learn to master many more weapons than a minotaur. Especially given the life span of an elf. Maybe that could be a start?

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
inkognito
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 05:11:44 pm »

There is no special attack with whip that makes big damage...thats why not offensive... all specials are tactical... sleep, disarm, blind... and very useful. Warrior with strip can take all weapon but cursed.
Thought that elves can be more proficient with weapons than minotaurs makes me smile. Beside that, tipical barbarian from literature is strong but dumb... I really cant say that  university degree is conditio sine qua non to smash somebody's head with hammer.
Matthew

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 06:09:55 pm »

I think its been said a few times, but whips are supposedly harder to parry, anyway, just because the weapons skills are not for doing extra damage does not make them any less offensive.

Well when you think about it minotaurs gain deathblow, very big weapons to count for that. . . Actually i wish they had some attack with their horns Tongue

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length