Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:04:04 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Guardians and Cobar
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Guardians and Cobar  (Read 17806 times)
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« on: October 22, 2007, 02:27:07 am »

- Whats with no guardians or cobar ?  I have one theory....these two clans seem to be better suited for rp purposes only at present time...cept clans are for rp and pk. 
 -Whats with constant pop. of solamnia, herecy and takhisis ? I have one theory....these clans seem to be perfectly suited for pk purposes. 
   The guardians and cobar have skills that aid them but restrict them at the same time. 
     SPOILER ALERT  Guardian shield, guards and stallion are nice ...but restrictive skills.  shield most effective by priest...so no second weapon use is lost. stallion is best suited for mounted fighters but can at least rescue.  guards are no aid against smart rival clan.  guardians must also simultaneously fight crime and clans.
    The Cobars skills ironically best suit a fighter, ranger or outcast , though a mounted fighter ranger and to some degree outcast lose many abilities.  A priest is best served mounted and the cobar skills do little for them.  The Cobar get a enhanced strike skill while mounted which I assume is better then the normal lucky hit from mounted fighting skill,  but you no longer get the old lucky hits...odd to lose a skill.  get to ride in small places, which is good but also not so much a gift as a necessity as they are meat without mount.  Get a cloak which is decent at best, and blocks bashes while not mounted (Huh?) oddest thing ever.  Can move faster skill and mount regens faster...umm ok.  The mount is great...lots of life, cool looking, and at first glance good damage.  But in hero pk or top mob battles rarely hits and although a 'brother' to the cobar will not rescue him in battle.
      Sorry for that long winded intro...this is the idea section not the whining section.  So I have little problem with restrictive skills...though they should be more powerful then a non-restricted skill, right? 
    IDEA 1.  Guardian guards can stay the same (call them in the pursuit of criminal) but is it not against the law to attack an officer of the law?  perhaps 1 personal bodyguard could be summoned only after the guardian was attacked first even outside limits of city.  it is somewhat cowardly to run and hide in the city and hope someone is silly enough to purse you there.
    IDEA 2.  Change guardian shield to an aura rather then a physical shield.  other clans have auto-blocking powers that are not only better but not a hinderance to equip.
    IDEA 3.  Make cobar less painful for any class to join.  Fighter classes ...allow some form of stance ability mounted ie.  charging stance (offense) flanking (defensive)  and perhaps since the cobar are most skilled riders in lands...allow certain skills that are normally not allowed mounted.  Cross-slice, cleave, lash, choke etc. (fighter types with a reduces effectiveness of course)  and swipe maybe ( majere priest).
    IDEA 4.  Some clans seem to give specific applicable powers and titles dependant on class inducted.  This is a good idea..why not apply it across the board, at the very least for titles.  For cobar fighter-types an initial charging attack,  since a mounted fighting clan odd there is no attack based on this.  For priests of cobar perhaps a ritual of the elements...maybe elemental attack empower.   For Guardians maybe for fighter types a type of "frenzy" self casting...power of judgment..bonus to hit and dam roll, and for magi and priests of guardian an aura of justice power...gives protection from chaotic and ac bonus or something.
     IDEA 5.  Make cobar cloak more useful, maybe it protects from bashing mounted? or perhaps a type of block...physical or magical. 

Please add on or discredit....as I just want these two clans to grow..Ive been both and it is a rough life for sure.  I just know if I want to join a clan to woop $@*& I dont pick these two clans.  I know its not all about that but I think these two clans can have deeper rp's other then kill light..or kill dark things or smash magic stuff.  And the only way they will grow I fear is more pk ability.
    I did not mention warders cuz I dont know much about them...only clan I never was in...cept entropy.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Matthew

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 05:05:46 am »

I had a character applied to cobar, waited a week, spoke to Tithtivian got asked to find a horse shoe by Havermeyer or whatever his name was, found it but never saw another cobar again. Deleted. Same thing is happening with my current applicant to another clan. . .

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
dedraelos
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 05:23:24 am »

I actually have to agree. I think any skill which puts a major limitation on the class should be revisited. Guardian shield, and Cobar mount to be specific.

Guardian shield would be awesome for a fighter/knight type if the shield specialization was returned, but without it, it's just a novelty. Easy to fix this, return shield specialization. Players have been asking for this for years and I don't see how it's overpowered. You lose a weapon in order to gain good defenses/utility.

Mounts, both guardian and Cobar, hinder the fighter type classes greatly. Rangers can't camouflage while mounted, so this takes away BIG advantage. Fighters can't stance, takes away BIG advantage. Maybe make something like mounted fighting specialization? Also, Cobar lucky strike should be in addition to the normal lucky strike, and able to stack like outrage does. It makes sense that if a horselord bears down on you at the EXACT right moment, he's going to devastate you.

Matthew

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 06:43:27 am »

I believe luck of the cobar is suppose to replace those things a fighter looses when mounted. But i have to agree with there needing to be more benifit to wearing a shield, especially to a warrior that has weapon focus feats, to give up so much damage to wear a shield is a serious ask.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Kage

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 03:13:04 pm »

- Luck of cobar is like an extended lucky hit...it sometimes sustains for two hits in a round or none etc....if your quick it can be seen in affects. But It essentially removes your mounted fighting lucky hits...which I believe it should stack since you didnt forget your old skills, both of these can miss anyway.  I cant think of any other clan power that removes a pre-existing skill.  If a skill is restricted like this resulting in a loss it should be more powerful...like cant miss when flares or if thats too much a slight daze on target or possibly knocks them off mount ( it shows something like "strikes heavily from atop")...though as stated previously this does little for priests anyway(cept reorx). 

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Hansen
Premium Member

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 03:21:48 am »

IDEA 3.  Make cobar less painful for any class to join.  Fighter classes ...allow some form of stance ability mounted ie.  charging stance (offense) flanking (defensive)  and perhaps since the cobar are most skilled riders in lands...allow certain skills that are normally not allowed mounted.  Cross-slice, cleave, lash, choke etc. (fighter types with a reduces effectiveness of course)  and swipe maybe ( majere priest).

i agree. what good is a sword fighter on a horse? as the cobar are the best horse riders allow the to use some of the weapon skills mounted at least.

я злопамятен!!!!!!!
blah
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 07:47:40 pm »

I have idea for new thing though ... give them skill to make war banner and hold it, without penalties for two weapons. Then that war banner could hold some bonuses to rider. In group of riders banners always  had big importance. Bigger moral, people fight harder for it etc. (for example all mounted in group have bonus to hitroll)
ps though maybe it is already clan relic? dunno, i noticed in official site there are no data about cobar clan relic, location, etc.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:54:10 pm by blah » Logged
Kage

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 02:13:35 am »

- I dig that idea...a banner or some sort of fetish type thing.  too bad facepaint is for herecy seems great idea for cobar too.  Perhaps instead of cloak of horsemanship..an ornamental head gear.   Tribal headband for first tier, head dress for chieftain. 

Kiri-Jolith
Immortal

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 06:53:49 pm »

I'll se to it. Post more clear and simple ideas in several words, but think about all classes, not only classes you like. For example:
1. Allow Cobar warriors to cross slice while mounted.
2. Add 25 hp/mana to the cloak of horsemanship spell for clerics.

and so on...
Kage

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 07:11:23 pm »

- on it

Kage

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 12:55:25 am »

I'll se to it. Post more clear and simple ideas in several words, but think about all classes, not only classes you like. For example:
1. Allow Cobar warriors to cross slice while mounted.
2. Add 25 hp/mana to the cloak of horsemanship spell for clerics.

and so on...

- I know kiri is away, but I never answered him.  So here goes.

- Cobar fighters/rangers gain "stances" while mounted ie. when you use a stance you see "you now raise up in your saddle" = offensive ... "you settle back and hunch down" = defensive stance.

- Lucky hits are not lost when joining cobar in favor of cobar mounted special hits.  They simply are something different.  Or make them stack.  No need to lose one ability for another.

- Make cloak of horsemanship, protect from bashes etc randomly while "mounted" as intended not while unmounted.

- Make khalkhist able to rescue.  And serve as an extra block in combat in addition to normal pet block.  Cobar have no protection powers or offensive granted.

- Allow majere cleric to swipe while mounted.

omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 03:44:36 am »

- small correction: Let cobar fighters/rangers/outcasts use stances while mounted.

- I'm still not favourable to Khalkhist rescueing... but I am favorable to a power a-la-'phantasmal armor', involving your riding skills with the Khalkhist. Something to avoid blows.

- Add the Charge skill for figher-like classes in Cobar.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Kage

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 04:44:47 am »

- Oh yeah forgot about outcasts... them too.

- Human race restriction is fine, but must keep in mind the weaknesses of this class for the classes allowed in Cobar when balancing them.  Also allow druid and invoker maybe in Cobar... tribal rituals etc.

- Fair enough about no rescue on khalk.  I can understand that.  Then perhaps another ability for it.  If left summoned in another place... can "whistle" for it maybe and it appears in room "comes running in from the distance"... without having to release and re-summon.

- This is reaching but in time should happen.  Like other clans.. certain classes gain different abilities based on class.  for example some clans they dont get a mount in favor of this or that, or different forms in tower etc. 

zondra

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 05:59:50 am »

yea they could use some work. if you ask me. i think 1. don't need another clan with the amount of people we have. 2. i think more people would join entropy over cobar. so bring back some chaos! but what do i know i'm just a wildsurge loving fool.
Kage

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 06:09:13 am »

yea they could use some work. if you ask me. i think 1. don't need another clan with the amount of people we have. 2. i think more people would join entropy over cobar. so bring back some chaos! but what do i know i'm just a wildsurge loving fool.

- yeah yeah, we already have a clan that can basically do whatever it wants with no rules or guidelines and high pk ability.

Biopower
Premium Member

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 11:00:42 am »

I still miss Entropy!!
Was very nice organization with the funniest powers!!!!
arre
Lifetime Member

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 11:59:28 am »

wow, do we still have coders to change things ?

Blind makes me panic - it brings back bad memories from early days of playing Solace...
Kage

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 07:59:46 pm »

wow, do we still have coders to change things ?

- Not active it seems.  But I never answered this thread from Kiri, so thought at least a record would be nice.  Tanis or Kiri was last coder to do something or who?

p.s. Also change "horse nomad" feat to help with shield blocks if not able to dodge.. but not both.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:48:29 am by Kage » Logged

omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 09:51:50 am »

Horse Nomad feat:

- subdivide feat into two types. One for clerics/knights/outcasts, and one for fighters/rangers:

Battle Chaplain (clerics/knights/outcasts) - Improves shield block and parry while mounted.

Cavalier (fighters/rangers) - Improves dodge and parry while mounted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe give them (Cobar) some kind of power that allows them to recall to
 the Corral once in a while, while mounted, because the Corral is so far.
It really sucks when you are suddenly being reraided or something, and corral is so far.
The distance also has it's advantages, though.
Could be called "Defensive Rally" or something.
Just a thought, really.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like blah's Banner idea very much. Should be a class specific power, I think. If only bards still existed...
 hehehe
It would function somewhat like Skull Knight's "dark presence", I imagine,
 but also would have an affect when looking at the person who used the skill/spell.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:44:36 pm by Argonar » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Kage

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 06:41:59 pm »

- Id just make "Rush" recall Cobar players to corral.  It's largely useless as is.  It could simply take a long time to cast and delay the caster a long time, like "consecrate" delay at least.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length