Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:23:11 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  The Inn
| | |-+  Books for kids
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Books for kids  (Read 5209 times)
Hansen
Premium Member

« on: November 03, 2007, 02:28:12 am »

I work in a program for troubled kids. Some are but a step or two away from jail or worse. i took a few DL books there and they love them. i have given most of my collection away before now so if anyone wants to give old DL books to kids i am willing to give the address of how to get them to new DL fans. the ages are from 13-17 and most didnt really even read before now. some ask me to talk about Solace and what it is like so mabey one day we will find new members from these kids. just post your thoughts about giving to them and lemme know...

Hansen

я злопамятен!!!!!!!
ezus

Yeah , don't cross my path

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 01:49:20 pm »

Good idea. But personally i think that better involve them into any sport... Results will be much better.

Red-white destiny.
Hansen
Premium Member

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 04:47:18 pm »

they have many things to do and many sports but as they are still in school and are required to read, what is better than DL? if anyone wants just pst here or send me a msg. Thanks

я злопамятен!!!!!!!
dedraelos
Lifetime Member

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:20:39 pm »

The best thing to do here bud, is hit used book stores.

Not only for dragonlance books, but there are a lot of really good fantasy book writers out there. Like Robert Jordan (RIP, but he didn't finish the series *cry*), Terry Goodkind, Raymond Feist, etc...

Alot of times you can pick these books up in used paperback form for $1-2. Probably best thing I can give ya right now.
Hansen
Premium Member

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 07:03:26 pm »

thanks for the info i figured that i should at least put the idea out there if someone wants to then great. i will continue to give these books and other i have to them for the school library. thanks much bro!!

я злопамятен!!!!!!!
Caleb
Premium Member

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 09:45:46 pm »

Raymond E Feist is phenonmenal. Love his books.
Matthew

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 11:13:32 pm »

David Eddings is also good. George R. R. Martin is pretty good too.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 05:07:57 am »

One of the first great sf sagas I have ever read was Frank Herbert's Dune series... I was about 10 when I started eating them books down... Also there is an early sf writer named Ray Bradbury whose genre was something like scary stories for kids...and adults! Grin He was and still is one of the great short story masters... For those hard-core sf/horror fans there is only one name: Dan Simmons... He's specialty is incorporating the old ideas of the previous centuries' poets with hard-core sf enviroment... Something similar to what King did with the Dark Tower series...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 05:49:03 am by deda » Logged

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Matthew

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 05:43:22 am »

There is also other series written by Weis and Hickman that are good, the prophet series, the Darksword trilogy, the Deathgate cycle, and the Star of the Guardians which is quite good sci-fi... the Darksword and Deathgate cycle books are great. Theres also The Sovereign Stone, and Mag Force 7 series but i have not read them. A friend tells me Dragon's Disciple written by Weis and her son is also good.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length