Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:18:46 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  The Inn
| | |-+  Vent Server
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vent Server  (Read 5404 times)
Ridgeway
« on: November 08, 2007, 01:44:30 am »

Hey everyone. I don't know if it is allowed for me to do it but Im gonna post it anyway and see what everyone thinks. Including the Immortals. I have a Vent server I pay for a Ventrilo voice server. Now, I know we are supposed to be IC while playing the game but I also know that most of the people who still play have made some really good friends on this game. Once I get the Vent server back up and running I will post the information on here so everyone can join. It's a great way for people to talk to their friends OOC while remaining IC in game. It's also a good way for people like myself who are still kinda new to the game to learn somethings from the vets. If it isn't allowed just say so. If it is Ok everyone including the Imms are welcome to join.
Ridgeway
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:13:41 am »

Ok the Vent server is back up and running. You need the Ventrilo program to actually talk on it. It's easily downloadable at Ventrilo.com and it's free. The Host address is 72.37.147.2 and the port number is 2016 and the password to login is Lance. I hope to hear some of you on and I hope the Immortals approve of us using it. Ive got a light dark and neutral channel as well as an Inn channel. If we are allowed to use it and need it I can create Clan Channels as well. The immortals are welcome to use it as well. Im not trying to take anything away from you guys. Just trying to help some of the new people learn faster and give people a way to talk to each other and make friends.
Rionne
Premium Member

*glare!*

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 05:21:14 pm »

That's really nice of you. Although, I don't use Ventrilo (and have some difficulty making out western/russian accents) so I doubt I'll be on...
Hansen
Premium Member

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 06:34:05 pm »

WOW a possible answer to my prayers!!! use it. I have used this in the past on WOW Diablo 2 UO and such its great. thanks Ridge

я злопамятен!!!!!!!
Caleb
Premium Member

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 06:23:38 am »

not a fan of the mic, use it only for CS-ing muahahaha
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 07:21:35 am »

-can you still use it with text chat?  I play a lot at work and yelling "Im waiting for Lord Soth to repop!" wouldnt go over well....heh my boss thinks its some type of DOS interface with AUTOCAD when he sees me playing.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Caleb
Premium Member

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 07:32:25 am »

haha lucky hahaha.
Ridgeway
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 08:59:52 pm »

Yes there is still a text interface. There is something like a chat room in vent that everyone can join. May help we all have different languages.
Caleb
Premium Member

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 06:29:37 am »

It's no IRC, but you have ability to mute all voices,
and there is chat section for just typing to entire
chatroom,

Come on in and check it out, kind of nice to touch base
with players outside their roles.

The Host address is 72.37.147.2 and the port number is 2016 and the password to login is Lance
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length