Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:05:34 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Books
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Books  (Read 16457 times)
ezus

Yeah , don't cross my path

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:52 am »

Strange to hear that you never saw some books... Seems looking in wrong places... Though i must agree that is hard to obtain all needed books.

BUT books make the character more powerful - so it's fair that books are hard to find.

Better make something like book shop. The place where players can sell (exchange) the books. Anyway here is some farmers (invokers mostly) which trading books.

P.S. Sometimes i found books like weaponmastery on mobs like dwarven runner. Luck perhaps. But most useful places (as for me): legion finests, saltcove and beholders.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:06:59 am by ezus » Logged

Red-white destiny.
Matthew

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 08:20:44 am »

Ezus has named the three zones we have spent much time in lately finding only spellbooks!

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
blah
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 09:26:04 am »

perhaps the best way to get book is to be logged short after reboot and walk all around krynn.
I did that and found 5 pieces. By the way my cleric has guardian spirit. What is that? I know for guardian angel, but it is not the same thing.
I agree with Ezus idea but books price should be 20000 for golden, because of same reason he told, books make you powerful.
Speaking of power, some books are useless and there is chance there to induct new spellbooks, delete some old useless. I think there is a lot of place for creative new spells and abilities.
Geryon
Lifetime Member

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 10:05:09 am »

20K gold? That's freakin' too much. IMHO the system should let chars setting the price themselves. Perhaps with a lower border like 1000 gold, to avoid selling manuals for 1 gold etc.

The shop idea though will raise a problem of transferring manuals. For instance let's imagine that I have an abjurer and seek books and then sell them into shop and then relogin with my other chars and buy them...
Geryon
Lifetime Member

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 10:09:03 am »

Well, about the hardness to get books - it's good, but it shouldn't turn into an ENDLESS jacking off in farming areas.
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 12:00:39 pm »

let's imagine that I have an abjurer and seek books and then sell them into shop and then relogin with my other chars and buy them...

As far as I know, it's kinda easy to track down and punish ch34t0rz, cheating this way Smiley

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 12:31:04 pm »

Do not discuss the power of some books here, like blah tried Smiley
Matthew

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 04:50:54 am »

Manuals should just load on death of the mob, with chances and type depending on rank and class of the character that kills it, and also increased by the rank of the mob... Eg. If you go kill naked yellow king, you should have atleast a 30% chance to get a manual. If hes not naked, lucky you!

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
ezus

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 05:52:13 am »

huh, Matthew, stop it... Or next your words will be something like... if you go kill not naked Lyeine - you should have at least 100% chance to get 4-5 manuals... Grin
And about prices... 20000 gold... Gera are you joking? Give me an invoker (hero one, no matter of clothes) and i'll get around 10k gold per 1-1,5 hours;) Perhaps faster.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 06:01:26 am by ezus » Logged

Red-white destiny.
Matthew

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 06:03:29 am »

Whats wrong with chance to load on death? It means you must kill the creatures, you can't run around after reboot and look at them till you find one and slay just that one... The way it is now you spend 200 hours slaying the same boring lowbie mobs over and over again... even if your hero +20, its so exciting! As it is now, if your not around when it reboots, too bad.

Geryon
Lifetime Member

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 08:11:02 am »

huh, Matthew, stop it... Or next your words will be something like... if you go kill not naked Lyeine - you should have at least 100% chance to get 4-5 manuals... Grin
And about prices... 20000 gold... Gera are you joking? Give me an invoker (hero one, no matter of clothes) and i'll get around 10k gold per 1-1,5 hours;) Perhaps faster.

Tell me more about it, cunningtail!
Matthew

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 08:44:18 am »

Yeah in an hour an a half you could easy make 20k i you were an invoker. Less if not though... I still think a deathload is the way to go, preloaded means books load in the deep recesses of edges and other places most people can never go alone, or rarely even have time for with friends... Theres heaps of reasons deathloading books is a better way... How about trying to tell me some ways preloading is better?

ezus

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 11:43:30 am »

Around 10k per 1-1,5 hour;) So 20k around 3 hours.  Roll Eyes

Matthew, in that case people will go slaying bigger mobs. Same as farming. But with better chance to gain books. Not fair... Here is a difference between chars with books and w/o. If we follow the way that you offer... I think newbies will be without books (surely you can give it to em)... But now they can farm mausoleum at least. And some not dangerous places.

Though i choosed the mob, that will be f*cked in all poses in case of preload you describe. Grin He big by rank... but by abilities... i think i will gain all books for any class at least at 20-22 rank if he give me at least 5% chance to get a book:)

Red-white destiny.
Matthew

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 12:48:10 pm »

Obviously 30% is just a number i threw out there for examples sake... i would honestly have a 1% chance to load a book on mermaids/mausoleum/pbt/sla mori. Moving up to say 10% for the biggest mobs.

I would rather see people have to put in effort and risk dying to obtain manuals, loading them mainly on unique mobs, and having that effort resulting in obtaining manuals and not endless mindless farming of mermaids or zombies.

PS. Farming goes on already so come up with a real reason....

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length