Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:12:12 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  - May help pk issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: - May help pk issues  (Read 5331 times)
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« on: November 27, 2007, 10:48:47 pm »

-  Some of the problem with newbies and there lack of expierience in pk is the fear of death.  This is natural at first but also the basis of pk fun later on in your career.  Also many of the arguements of forum surround the idea of "you suck" and "I would do this to you if we fought"...yada yada yada.

One possible solution or at least relief for some of these issues could be a arena or challenge system for dueling.  An in game outlet for rage, pissing contests, and pk training. 
One way could be :

Knucklehead's command line :   CHALLENGE Dumbass
You have challenged dumbass to a duel, he has 1 hour to respond or decline duel
-
Knucklehead challenges you to a duel !
Dumbass's command line : ACCEPT knucklehead
You have accepted Knuckleheads duel...duel will start in 10 minutes, Good luck!

This could go to near death or leave 1 hp...(though a safe place would be wise to go to do this so someone doesnt just show up and mop the floor)

Another possiblity is an arena portal in every main city...which teleports you to a 9 by 9 room arena perhaps where you can have duels, free for alls ..and what not..immortal sanctioned contests?...put powerful mobs in there for sport (gladiator type stuff).  Would be a blast...on "death" (no con loss) you are expelled to your hometown altar.

Im sure this isnt the first thought of this..(ive brought it up twice now) but I think it should be seriously considered.  Would help people with pk ..feel the mechanics of it and help old players have fun again or more at least.  Prestige for elites and experience for youngers...everyone wins...could rank it..or broadcast winner..humiliate loser..all good stuff.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 02:12:15 am »

Mercy is easier to implement imho Smiley
When you leave your opponent incapitated yet alive

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
arpade
Premium Member

Without light, there is no beauty, only suffering.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 02:22:24 am »

would be nice if negative hp's grew with ranks, so a hero could possibly chose to leave one drying to his fate. in high lvls chances someone drops between 0 and -10 is minimal.
Matthew

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 04:51:32 am »

Hiddy was already talking about fixing the arena...

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Hiddukel
Immortal

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 11:40:45 am »

Not fixing, as I cannot code, but just gently prodding some Coders to fix it Smiley
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 03:14:58 pm »

-  Thats great.  Gentle prodding can be effective.  If that fails dont be afraid to move to gentle probing.  Thanks for replies

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 01:54:58 am »

FYI there' been s certain code branch related to that, and there are far more ways to abuse it than you may foresee, whichever is the exact implementation.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length