Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:30:02 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  request and demand
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: request and demand  (Read 2673 times)
arpade
Premium Member

Without light, there is no beauty, only suffering.

« on: December 04, 2007, 09:38:12 pm »

In low levels i think its quite fair. But when reaching hero ranks the fact goods can request seems pretty imba. Though this ability is coerent with rp, a good shouldent go killing a paladin for his equip, its easy to see that evils have loads more trouble getting their shinies.
Imagine a fresh new reboot. A good char wants the meddalion of mishakal, some elysium equips, a nice and shiny vengeance. he takes about 10 min in the game and gets all of it (i know this stuff will never be all available at the same time, just *imagine*).
Now a evil would love to get his unholy avenger, and... before he gets on the rest of his list, he already took at least 30 min to get it, if he doesent take hours (i know i do). by this time that same goodie char already took half of the equips the evil would use as well and walla. imba.
maybe demand skill should be automatic for all evils and have some REAL chancess of success. I dont know (could be lame if all killing is removed for equip gathering, then it gets banal).  I also cant think of a way to remove request.... It just doesent seem fair.
blah
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 12:43:08 am »

Make good char and request relics before your enemies do. Then log on evil and hunt your low naked enemies Smiley                                             Machiaveli
Lizzy
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 04:30:04 am »

In low levels i think its quite fair. But when reaching hero ranks the fact goods can request seems pretty imba. Though this ability is coerent with rp, a good shouldent go killing a paladin for his equip, its easy to see that evils have loads more trouble getting their shinies.
Imagine a fresh new reboot. A good char wants the meddalion of mishakal, some elysium equips, a nice and shiny vengeance. he takes about 10 min in the game and gets all of it (i know this stuff will never be all available at the same time, just *imagine*).
Now a evil would love to get his unholy avenger, and... before he gets on the rest of his list, he already took at least 30 min to get it, if he doesent take hours (i know i do). by this time that same goodie char already took half of the equips the evil would use as well and walla. imba.
maybe demand skill should be automatic for all evils and have some REAL chancess of success. I dont know (could be lame if all killing is removed for equip gathering, then it gets banal).  I also cant think of a way to remove request.... It just doesent seem fair.

Doesn't seem fair? What's fair in love and war? Besides, what doesn't seem fair is that I don't know where to find all the shinies!!!  Tongue Tongue Grin Wink Kiss
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length