Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:07:33 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Abjuration transmuters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Abjuration transmuters  (Read 8164 times)
Morte
« on: October 28, 2005, 10:51:15 pm »

Let's turn on shield block  for sbj.

Its defensive class or what ??
Any Necromanser can be so defensive with potions.... it is unfair cos sbj. has no potions or orbs to create mummy Army..
Or at least, as soon it is a mage-class, this skill could be renamed for magi like - hiding behind shield  Grin

You hide behind your shield and manage to avoid someone's attack.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 09:31:04 pm by Morte » Logged
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 04:28:46 am »

Are displacement and ironskin not enought? Moreover I think it's better to hold Ikon or Banner (give you some advantages) than shield.
Though.. there are no any damage spells exept magic missile... Or it was from the very outset that abjurers shouldnt have such spells?
Sirrion

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 08:39:49 am »

Let's look from another side, why necromancer (and anyone) should get preparations so easily and become "almost abjurer"?
Started a poll.

И поэтому я так бегу по дороге
С патефоном волшебным в тележке своей.
Morte
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 11:55:36 am »

Are displacement and ironskin not enought? Moreover I think it's better to hold Ikon or Banner (give you some advantages) than shield.
Though.. there are no any damage spells exept magic missile... Or it was from the very outset that abjurers shouldnt have such spells?
What advantages you speak about??? Just give them shield blocking skill and let anyone decide what to choose your so called 'advantages' or parrying skill.
Displacement do not saves good enouth from fast fighters and there are also orbs of it... Ironskin can not be compared at all! Ignoring of some first attacks is not so actual... better to remove such ignoring and add some parrying skill...

I repeat, that abjurers are full defensive class, so let them at least to take blows easily...And I repeat again: i want that Towers abjurers became something more then just 'walking sanctuary' for clanguardians and clanmates.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:11:49 pm by Morte » Logged
unreal
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 12:18:15 pm »

bullsh*t. Usual crying of a man who is playing abj right now.   Angry
nothing new.
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 12:18:32 pm »

May be you calm down? I've posted my thoughts, no need to raise your voice.
Anyway, I cant imagine mage with shield, sorry...=(

And I dont see any reason you gave for improving abjurers exept your desire about Tower abjuration transmuters. Everyone thinks about himself first?..=(

By the way, I think it's a wrong way to suxx others (removing potions or orbs) for improving abjurers.
Morte
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 12:27:33 pm »

May be you calm down? I've posted my thoughts, no need to raise your voice.
Anyway, I cant imagine mage with shield, sorry...=(

And I dont see any reason you gave for improving abjurers exept your desire about Tower abjuration transmuters. Everyone thinks about himself first?..=(

By the way, I think it's a wrong way to suxx others (removing potions or orbs) for improving abjurers.
It was roberto's idea, not mine.
And i do not raise voice.
And shield block is only one way to add parrying skill ... there could be many other ways, if your imagination is so poor  Wink
No doupt -your imagination is fine and much better then mine, so imagine!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:32:58 pm by Morte » Logged
Morte
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 12:29:03 pm »

bullsh*t. Usual crying of a man who is playing abj right now.   Angry
nothing new.

Any arguments maybe ... Bullsh*t  can say anyone.

I have playing a lot for abj., fighted many classes and resume is: abjuration transmuter is not defensive enouth especially against herecy fighter.
And what about shiled blocking i can agree with tana even... better to express this additional parrying skill  in some other way... with some spell maybe (for example let blink and displacement work together)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:39:14 pm by Morte » Logged
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 12:38:42 pm »

And shield block is only one way to add parrying skill ... there could be many other ways, if your imagination is so poor  Wink

Do not touch my imagination, please.*grins evilly* You have offered shield and I've replied you.
If I dont agree with you it doesnt mean that you are smarter.
Sure, I will be glad if parry skill would be added, but thinking fairly it isnt necessarily.

Note that you are not the only one who plays this class.
Morte
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 12:42:41 pm »

Do not touch my imagination, please.*grins evilly* You have offered shield and I've replied you.
If I dont agree with you it doesnt mean that you are smarter.
Sure, I will be glad if parry skill would be added, but thinking fairly it isnt necessarily.

Note that you are not the only one who plays this class.
Well if you think it is not necessary... then lets just improve Towers abj., if you will try to protect Tower from Heretic fighter you will undertand why.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:48:07 pm by Morte » Logged
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 12:53:54 pm »

=))
May be lets just improve only your character?=)

And you should try to explain reasons more carefully instead of offereng me to play in Tower. Understand me?=)
Crusader
Lifetime Member

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 03:26:23 pm »

Lock the topic and stop all scream. Abj should recive old displacement in form.
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 10:21:05 pm »

Abjurers' displacement got improved a bit, all non-abjurers receive (from orbs etc) only a weak displacement version.
Morte
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 08:56:55 am »

Abjurers' displacement got improved a bit, all non-abjurers receive (from orbs etc) only a weak displacement version.
Do 31 rank Heretic fighter and wellcome to raid Tower now with only one abjuration protector,  lets check this last change.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length