Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:43:07 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Harden skin potions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Harden skin potions  (Read 10330 times)
Sirrion

« on: October 30, 2005, 08:42:59 am »

Your thoughts, please. Wink

И поэтому я так бегу по дороге
С патефоном волшебным в тележке своей.
Morte
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 12:01:01 pm »

Your thoughts, please. Wink
Remove potions and create orbs of harden skin aviable to get like displacement orb, somewhere under water but unlimited.
unreal
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 12:16:25 pm »

aha, and how it will be usable for another professions, which havent skill "staves" ?
Morte
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 12:23:58 pm »

aha, and how it will be usable for another professions, which havent skill "staves" ?
it should not be for all classes that is the reason... (like and displacement)
master
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 06:59:44 pm »

If only this potion could be useful  against mobs, and do not affect pk fights?
If it could work only when fighting npcs
Morte
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 09:19:22 pm »

If only this potion could be useful against mobs, and do not affect pk fights?
If it could work only when fighting npcs
you want to eat the fish and to f*ck   Grin
Taiko
High Member

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 09:30:24 pm »

Buguga.. Really funny Smiley and to f*ck Cheesy
well, everything's fine with those potions, it's just must have for anyone who's going to pk Smiley
what's the problem?
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 01:07:17 am »

This is beginning to be a big problem. This is just one of the reasons transmuters aren't so good anymore, because almost all of their spells are available to anyone. Potions of harden skin, orbs of displacement, red dragonorbs for sanc, potions of haste....i mean come on. Really, people wonder why they are worthless anymore. A necromancer can get all those spells easy and have the offense the transmuter lacks...I think most of this stuff needs to go bye bye.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Moon_Face
Premium Member

Ahuna Matata!

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 10:31:41 am »

Eh... Maybe at least soften should disable harden skin? As slow disables hast? That will be right...

sh*t happens...
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 10:50:50 am »

This is beginning to be a big problem. This is just one of the reasons transmuters aren't so good anymore, because almost all of their spells are available to anyone. Potions of harden skin, orbs of displacement, red dragonorbs for sanc, potions of haste....i mean come on. Really, people wonder why they are worthless anymore. A necromancer can get all those spells easy and have the offense the transmuter lacks...I think most of this stuff needs to go bye bye.

I agree with this point, and I hope Chemosh will agree as well.
Hiddukel
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 11:00:58 am »

But then of course, some people will just use an OOC connection, i.e. a friend with a transmuter, to grant them sanc haste etc, which will give them too much of an advantage against people who can't work hard anymore to get them themselves.

Again we shouldn't take away things to increase the usefulness of one class. We should perhaps look at improving that class from a stand-alone point of view, without a bad effect on every other class.

For example, if we want to make fighters more effective, we should NOT remove shield block from other classes. We should look at improving/changing the fighters own skills first.

Just my humble opinion...
Sirrion

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 12:30:24 pm »

Noone talks about native skills/spells, we're talking about preparations which are too easy to get. Smiley

И поэтому я так бегу по дороге
С патефоном волшебным в тележке своей.
Sir Solan
Premium Member

Champion of Light

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 04:23:48 pm »

I'm with Hiddukel on this one.  They may be easy to get, but at least they're easy for everyone to get.  He made a bunch of good points, so I won't type them out again in different words...but again, I agree Roll Eyes

And while the original topic was about harden skin potions being easy to get, it's somewhat tied with the strength of transmuters too Smiley

What if the potions gave a weaker version of some sort, so transmuters still have a better one, but others aren't left out completely?

The wizard who reads a thousand books is powerful.
The wizard who memorizes a thousand books is insane.
Crusader
Lifetime Member

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 04:36:47 pm »

Preparations have to be get easy to all. That gives equal chances to improve chars. The question only about quality of the spells. No doubt transmuters have to get much more powerfull versions.
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 04:40:17 pm »

They may be for everyone to get, but the fact remains that they strip so much of the usefullness of an abj. trans. And stripping them doesn't have a negative effect on all other classes. It just takes away something that they shouldn't have. Taking them back to what they are supposed to be, hence restoring balance, or something closer to it at least. For everyone or not, they need to be removed  completely.

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
master
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 06:03:53 pm »

Preparations are ruining some classes like orb can f*ck sancer, haste can f*ck mage and transmuter and stone skin transmuter.
I am not against preparations. I think there should be preparations that any class can use. For example, red orb has no purpose for sancers. My idea is to make preparations that are useful for all classes. Also those preparations should be harder to get. Nice example for that is potion of sanc which you get only by doing quest with little girl.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length