Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:35:30 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Assassination aprepare
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Assassination aprepare  (Read 19231 times)
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 09:08:42 am »

Equipment dependant system sucks. I want to be able to fight w/o spending a lifetime on getting super puper elite eq.

You're funny. With such wishes you should move to quake-like games. All.. ALL online games depends on eq. Thats the main criminal plan of all online-games: rocks those are spending much time online. And you'll never change it. You may like it or dislike. Nobody cares be sure.

From your point of view - with your ability and patience to get the gear you need - assassins are strong. Just like any class in proper gear. For normal people, who dont have much time for that - assassins are weak.

And again. Look up.
Btw not sure I understand who's here one of 'normal people' and who is not. Are you one of them?  Angry

For the darkness! Angry
Matthew

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 09:22:11 am »

For your information: Clerics of Chislev also have Weapons resistance which grants a random amount of resistance between 10 and 20ish at your ranks, some of the clothes also grant physical resistances. Probably also has more hps than you in the forests even though you are higher ranked.

Generally if people don't recall from fights they are losing i think it is because they can't for some rl reason, like lag. He is obviously not even using mana shield in your little snippet.

PS. If saves were not equipment dependant how could any caster ever land a spell? Also your damroll sucked even before you swapped out your equipment for saves.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Raider
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 09:35:58 am »

Bah.. i dont like to argue with stubborn people who cant see the situation in all details and like to exaggerate.

There is difference. "you need eq to be able to fight" vs "eq helps you to fight".

His resistances or hp dont matter. I dont damage him at all through protection+mana shield. And he does damage through sanc+moderate saves and lands his maledictions. Well i was aware of assassins weakness against casters.
And I am aware of people's "PK balance is fine, you are noob, l2p" position.
And seems i cant convince anyone in anything. I am a weak loser Sad
Werewolf
Premium Member

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 10:06:34 am »

You really need some eq to be able to fight (i.e. to counter most basic ways to kill you easily). For instance, if you fight maladiction priest or outcast you have to get high enough saves. But at the moment you can get enough of them using non-limited and not-so-limited stuff.

In most cases you really need good stuff and preps as well to win hard battles, so you not only survive but kill someone. Here I mostly mean 1-vs-1 battles.

I don't say it is good or bad but that's just the way Solace game mechanics work.
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 11:09:44 am »

Topic was about aprepare, as I can see Smiley

Nowadays assassinate is superb skill!! Chances to instantly kill are merely smaller than 50% (when blinded and asleep) - percentage is from my experience though.
However, it will be still nice to see assassinate improving manual (with moving in location) - yet I'm aware of clanned ass'es who will prepare as. under inner and move to outer then

p.s.
Quote from: dehucka
it s all because of Kamilla - she is a reason assassinate was removed...

Grin
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 03:06:14 pm by Quino » Logged

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Critic

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2007, 01:50:45 pm »

gaga, and post of dehuchka was deleted, he dares to talk something about Kamilla Smiley))

-Which post?
-Be constructive.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 02:52:13 pm by Nierth » Logged

Vsem piz*i, a krilya mne!
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 02:50:12 pm »

SO Nierth is to blame fro making assassinate completely useless???

-Yes, didn't you know?
-Be constructive.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 02:52:41 pm by Nierth » Logged

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Lirion
Premium Member

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2007, 06:30:02 pm »

I have closely read posts and references to the last themes.... Conclusions: 1. The theme rose earlier, rose correctly... But *necessary* people ignored a problem and ignore as before? If to speak " All ok " 100 times is all does not mean that well.. If the similar theme arises again and again - all means poorly  Smiley We shall tell so - that was - it was much better than began and to be pleased to this there is no sense... Assassins have been plundered on full... 2. Separate thanks Kage for good understanding of a problem and searches of ways on its discussion and clearing of essence of a problem... 3. Still a pack of posts about that that it is necessary to be able to play and to be able to collect equipment... Thanks, but not on a theme.

Ок, we shall return to a problem: I think to everyone unpleasantly to die from instant kill? Truly? Perfectly - well we shall assume a variant: aprepare on a dump, good damage on assassinate and probability instant kill 3-5 %? What, really disbalance? And the new version of assassinate to rename in Smart kill and to leave for fans....

I believe, that if the reasonable compromise will be found - many players will happy to this and it is possible on new will start to participate in life Solace. Unless not in it the purpose of founders: that the world was interesting and involved new participants?
Hiddukel
Immortal

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2007, 07:26:03 pm »

I would like to add manual for "scouting", so you can prepare room and exit it for a time.

I would like to remove instant kill ability if the victim is already fighting.

I would like to add a skill/manual to be able to assassinate even if the victim can already see you.

I would like to add a skill to shadow assassins to remove them from "where" command

I would like to add many new shurikens.

I would like to add a skill/manual to beast assassins, Unleash Fury, double amount of hand-to-hand attacks for short period of time (quarter of a tick) followed by a penalty in the form of slowness for half a tick (tiredness) (or something like this anyway) 
Lirion
Premium Member

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 09:18:13 pm »

Very well. I am very grateful everyone who make this realms. Its very important thing. No one other mud is so interesting (for me)...
Try today to aprepare in clanhall. Getting many times hard strikes from Razlen while prepare. When I am was ready he is leave realms.... No comments.
Try to hold today Gerzelu by latch. He is fled without problems. Sadly... (Some time ago make in battle with Gerzelu 11 attempts of latch... all failed... 100% skill)
Seasons assassins still have nothing useful for first hard strike.. Why so?
What can help in this? Take a ranger in forest for example. Camouflage/Snare/Ambush - nice. Take a thief - Blackjack/Backstab - nice. Take assassin - strangle/nothing - very bad. I see much problems in that. What can I do after strangle if i not aprepared? If find something to help with it - its may be some kind of decision to stay new version of assassinate skill with many manuals(something than can make good damage after strangle... its can be without instant kill)? By the way, no one Manual has been found by me. Hmm.. Destiny...  Smiley Why you so greedy for manuals? Only a team players can dream about find something and share it? Alone players must be very lucky or some else like that to get a seldom manual for own class.. Oh, shurikens... Its can be first strike... (not 26 level shuriken, something more powerfull with some random affects: blind; poison; weaken; curse) Just dreaming...
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 10:44:45 pm »

I would like to add manual for "scouting", so you can prepare room and exit it for a time.
I would like to add a skill/manual to be able to assassinate even if the victim can already see you.
I would like to add a skill to shadow assassins to remove them from "where" command
I would like to add a skill/manual to beast assassins, Unleash Fury, double amount of hand-to-hand attacks for short period of time (quarter of a tick) followed by a penalty in the form of slowness for half a tick (tiredness) (or something like this anyway) 
*applauds*  even an acknowledging nod is progress

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
deda

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2007, 11:48:17 pm »

Hehe, but never forget that every time a skill gets changed it always works much better for your foes than yourself...

Still, beware what you wish...

Make yourself all honey

Kage

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 01:27:30 am »

- and maybe tomorrow the sun will not come up ? man you must be fun at parades and birthday parties.
Deda says "Parades are for newbies, its gonna rain anyway" Smiley

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
deda

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2007, 02:04:04 am »

Deda says "I hate parades!"

Make yourself all honey

Matthew

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2007, 06:41:10 am »

Lirions last post gave me an idea that, perhaps you should not need to has a room prepared to assassinate a sleeping foe?

Groovy...

Groovy...

Should be possible anyway, but should have the lowest chances. If you were able to assassinate sleeping people without preparing, a change such as this wouldn't be needed.

Lets give them Astral eh?

Thousands!

Honestly rage of the wolverine is ineffective, not because 'you change into a wolverine' or any of the other reasons people are talking about at the moment. It is in effective because it can be parried and dodged, if it strikes twice or eight times it makes no difference against people that dodge and parry well. I think this is due to the large amount of +stat equipment available now, even people in wyrmling have enough + to str/dex that nerve and caltraps are mostly a waste of time. Which is lame cause boneshatter reduces strength by 5 points... A heretic warrior could boneshatter, bleed, primal scream, poison and cleave, a victim could end up with 5 str... how is that balanced? Before you say naw, that will never happen, Sios dropped my str(22) to 12 and my dex(17) to 10 while under effects of giant strength, haste and equipment.

Casters who have giant strength are immune to nerve, those with haste are virtually immune to caltraps etc. Assassinate provided a much needed malediction for assassins... they need the malediction back, but it doesnt have to come from assassinate...

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
deda

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 01:32:26 pm »

I would trade 6 rotw attacks for only one attack which spends as much mana but cannot be blocked and check damage multipliers at any time...

Make yourself all honey

Matthew

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 10:18:37 am »

While aprepared and hidden less things should force you from the shadows. Getting stuff from your pack/endure/eating/drinking, all these things should be 'prepared' with the room, Also detect hidden(which should be an automatic skill anyway. As should endure and dragonblood honestly  Grin )

Matthew

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 10:49:07 am »

Add changing fighting styles to that list

Kage

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 04:20:39 pm »

-dragon blood doesnt take you from shadows. but you have a point..I think it should be a deeper hidden as well.  As in you make sure you are hidden for 4 hours so detect hidden should not always pick it up. spy mask etc.

Matthew

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2008, 05:59:31 pm »

I know that dragonblood doesn't force you from the shadow's, i never said it did, i said that dragonblood, detect hidden and endure should be constant effects. Detect hidden should not see people in prepared rooms at all.

When you are hiding to assassinate someone you don't want anyone to see you. Sitting in the same room for half an hour or more waiting for your prey while every thief, assassin and guardian can see you makes it almost impossible.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length