Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:10:41 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  More action
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: More action  (Read 45921 times)
Des

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2008, 05:59:46 pm »

Just a couple of ideas for you to choose:

Well, main reason for quit - afraid of eq loss, for sure, so all ideas is around that.

1. To decrease eq loss penality it's posible to decrease eq dependance. So even barely eqiped character could do something. The main gag here is SvS. If you have no svs - you are dead meat, and if you are svs powered one, you are realy powerfull. There is a lot of solutions for this, for example: change svs curve, so even with 20-25 svs character could resist something with good chances, and even with 100 svs you still vulnerable for spells, like 15-10%%.

2. Another solution is something close to above poster wrote. On death 80% of eq stays with you. That's simple.  Percents and dependance on rarity of staff still a subject.

3. I don't like this idea, but it is still an option. PK charts, some eq gifts based on PK charts - all of this sort WILL work. But not evryone wants so much PK, I suppose. And it's a lot of work for coders too.

4. And one more, last for now, idea. Increase ro remove eq limits. Some realy rare stuff still should be limited to 1, ofc. Easy come - easy go.  No one afraid to loose non-limited stuff.

P.S. Hey, do not listen to anyone, we still love you for keeping solace alive.
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2008, 07:03:34 pm »

Some facts:

Some time ago:
- MUCH more players and surely online too;
- much less of clothes and their limits were terrible hehe;
- coz of absence of clothes =>> NO SVS at all.. (except surely some people who rocks that time);
- no payment for PK from imms (its about last idea);
- no limwatching demon;
- GREAT FUN. Erradicating everything and everywhere, super PK in attempts to get some clothes from those have it etc.

Now:
- less of players;
- MUCH more clothes;
- ocean of svs because of first two points;
- Almost NO PK;
- ocean of tears; (in addition: if you noticed, here is one funny tendency: the more changes to make your life in solace easier - the more whinners)
- no fun because of points above.

Thats just some facts and nothing to add I think.. as nothing to remove.

What you wanna more? More clothes? More restricts? (loot, thieves( Shocked ), etc)
Everyone likes to listen and discuss the easing of the game. Did you even thought that there are some players who like to solve hard problems in-game and who like hard PK etc..

P.S.: No offense.
P.P.S.: Better take care about some real things.. for example:
- fix some holes like heretics reraid;
- take care about bards at least.. why not?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:21:57 pm by unreal » Logged

For the darkness! Angry
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2008, 07:14:14 pm »

I think unreal has a point there...

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2008, 07:32:16 pm »

- Well I cant speak for all in favor of change..but I dont want anything easy..just more pk.  You made good facts but where is the idea to help more pk and more action?  More people would help but its all connected..maybe need some changes for more people to come.  Even a cadillac needs a tune up after awhile.  Even in the addition of a terrible new idea...it happens, there is a chance for bettering of mud.  But no matter how awful or awesome the idea implemented It sparks interest and couriosity.
     Ever seen so many morgion clerics then now? (only due to changes),  New clan has almost full roster,  if lands and maps are changed to new everyone will go and see them.  It is human nature, change means someone is watching and listening makes the mud feel more alive.  I am writing some things to email to imms for website and mud to perhaps add to the life of the mud and website.  Lots of my ideas are crap..maybe one or two brilliant...but we must keep attempting to improve.  Who better then you unreal and some other cranky fellas  Grin to keep some rationality to these ideas but please add some ideas yourself too with your old school flavor.  Wink

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2008, 07:53:19 pm »

Seems you didnt noticed the sense of these facts..
I'll translate:
There is no need to make any changes-to-increase-PK - it won't help anyway.

As about ideas - so I wrote already - to fix evil holes and to add bards at least.
The main thing I want to tell is to direct coder's attention to real problems.  Undecided

For the darkness! Angry
Kage

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2008, 08:03:07 pm »

The main thing I want to tell is to direct coder's attention to real problems.
- or "unreal's" problems with mud?  Cry   So what will help pk ...a Bard? Huh

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2008, 08:37:14 pm »

I didnt ask to show your absence of intellect here. If you have nothing to say - just keep silence. Wise thing btw. Think about.

As for your question. The answer is simple:
PK = Player Killing
Only Player can kill another Player. Whatever you do. Whatever you change. If Player dont want to kill another Player - he will not. If Player is afraid to die - he will quit.

PK depends on players.. and only on players. Noone will improve PK except players.
And actually I'm amazed that Immortal starts this topic.
So from my point of view it would be much more better to code some real things instead of very questionable things like posted above.

For the darkness! Angry
Kage

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2008, 09:09:06 pm »

- rude and as constructive as always.  Sometimes an old relic just needs to  be discarded

Caleb
Premium Member

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2008, 09:11:57 pm »

I think many have missed point. Oh maybe just ignored it.

He is suggesting area re-arrangement to suit how dragonlance really
is. probably adding a few areas to fill in some places. All areas are
same, just in more accurate locations to reflect dragonlance

this has nothing to do with coders, he is a builder taking this on himself Smiley
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2008, 10:03:42 pm »

I didn't get Caleb's statement in this thread.
Here's an idea for people...
stop making your char's alignment always the same as the "winning" team.
Everyone you see now a days in hero range is either good or neutral or Ean, and all newbies you see are good or neutral, with some growing evils in the last few days.
Its impossible to have PK if there is no one to PK. Needs to be as many evils as there are goods. (I do not count in this statistic the trash-chars such Kbaot or Darthy.)

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2008, 11:46:21 pm »

Guys hello, i d like to throw some ideas to enforce clan PK.

Look we already have all to enforce PK with clans.

1. Space things (buzzing appearse things with killing of someone) should be UBER if you clanned and killed clanned. They should be limited. I damn tired of killing trolls for space thing - it s dumb. It need to kill GREAT PERSON, Clanned, tittled, so it rewarded with uber price.

1/a - if you kill clanned - a manual or spellbook appears randombly with some balanced chances.

is it hard? get killed function -> load book, load elite space thing. it s all...

So, battle with clanned person will be interesting, and rewarded.

2. No con losing from battle - so people will have chances. one round i die, not loose my poor con but next round i kill with 50% chances and get manual, spellbook or such. (long time ago i spent all practics and trains to con and was really long lasting assassin, but losing con not stimulate CLAN PK) it should losing of con ONLY BECAUSE OF mob. not because of glorious PK wars. Gods should nt frown at real warriors.

space things and spellbooks, manuals - are nice things. it allow to empower your clan, help your members to get sacred knowledge and nice eq.  sometimes manuals of training - but rare.

will be no abusing, because of two fighting person should be clanned. they will risk if abuse their clan-position, and mastered character.

so, all will want to be in clans, to have rewards from battle, will be lesse trash chars - because no two clanned from one ip, and because better to fight and fight with your primary char to get stronger.

think about it, and pls, Kiri-Jolith, comment ideas - why not if reject, to feel you at least heard them.

P.S. or one more not hard coded thing - roleplayed quest on specific Clanned PK, with great reward.
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2008, 12:08:03 am »

and more crazy idea but interesting with not so many people in Solace.

continuing Ezus's idea to join guardians to solamnia as crown branch:

1. Make only 2 force of Krynn with CONSTANT WAR. In dragonlance damn there were always TOTAL WORLD WAR against DARK AND LIGHT.

First command: guardian+solamnia+warders+tower
Second command: takhisis+heretics+entropy+cobar

All we read dragonlance, why damn we live in dumb world without total war?

Darkness come, all inhabitants and light-neutral forces should join.

Let TOTAL WAR START Smiley

why not?

And our lovely 10 vs 10 fights again will be reality.

Will be really nice clan - battles, not just 10 chars in one hand and hoarding or single overpowering with elkas equipment.

P.S. i always want to see how will fight takhisis + heretic vs solamnia + tower - remember dragonlance, lords of the rings - when war starts - noone in neutrality, all fjoin.

Let s make our movie more dynamic and interesting to participate.

P.S.S. hard to code? nothing change, just we open global war and let s look, if it will be interesting we continue, if something bad - just send a note - war is over.

no fun in clan cant group with another - no fun, no good PK...

P.S.S.S. dont want war? play your single role, hide in shrine get tatoo and shut up Smiley
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:17:44 am by dehucka » Logged
Matthew

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2008, 12:38:52 am »

People only need so much gear 1 because others have and 2 because their skills are no longer adequate. Some classes just can't compete anymore. Only the strongest characters can hope to stand against a necromancer 90% of the time and even they are touch and go.

This isn't an example of a class which is no longer adequate, but rather an example of a class that is still adequate. In case you don't get my point, to many nerfs to skills of other classes.

Remove MOB feat, remove toughness for caster classes, increase bonus/penalty for racial hp gains to widen the difference between races. Its rediculous that my half-elf has more hps than my minotaur and both characters took all empower spell feats.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2008, 01:47:57 am »

First command: guardian+solamnia+warders+tower
Second command: takhisis+heretics+entropy+cobar

Are you crazy??? Warders with Guardians??? Cobar with Takhisis???

Valeria
Premium Member

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2008, 06:33:23 am »

I admit I am not the best pker. I dont actively look for it.  I will raid, and reraid.  And I will fight back if attacked. Likely more due to my own personality than Solace, but I tend to see my characters as a defensive supporting character rather than an attacker. 

But, I do like the idea of having the arena back.  Perhaps set it up for those less than lvl 15 (or some appropriate level where players would have slightly more advanced skills)  where they can fight others and not lose anything (no con or gear, but perhaps a gold bet), but learn the fight and how to survive.  Make it a no-loss duel zone, so to speak. 

I think this could help those new to Solace learn more about the races and classes without loss.  It would also get players into the mindset of pk, so when lvl 10 is reached, they already know what it is like to see your character getting attacked by another.  No shock.  Too often now, you get to lvl 10 and then bam, you are dead from another player.  To reduce the shock, perhaps an arena could lessen the blow and get people into the pk mindset.

The arena could be set up as a diverse place, all types of terrain to suit the different races and classes.

I am not in favor of reducing the looting or adjusting other elements of Solace.  I too recall the old Solace of worse items, no feats, less about saves, and more player base and more pk.  I think we need a change in mindset about pk (the arena idea and other ideas) rather than more limiting code. 

As you notice Kiri, many of the changes previously provided in other posts likely just impact when people quit (sooner). I think we need to "retrain" players that this mud is about pk.  And I include myself in that group.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:39:08 am by Valeria » Logged

TBD...
Matthew

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2008, 07:51:30 am »

If your getting killed at level 10, your doing something wrong... Time to make a new character and keep making new ones until you don't get killed at level 10!

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2008, 10:36:55 am »

Argonar

forest dwellers helped Solamnia and forces of light, is nt it?

cobars is crazy enough to stand at dark side Smiley
ezus

Yeah , don't cross my path

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2008, 11:02:05 am »

Agreed dehuchka...
Let's make total war...

Red-white destiny.
Moon_Face
Premium Member

Ahuna Matata!

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2008, 11:40:36 am »

Just return Arena?

sh*t happens...
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2008, 01:37:33 pm »

the more changes to make your life in solace easier - the more whinners (c)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length