Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:20:31 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  More action
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: More action  (Read 45922 times)
Matthew

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2008, 02:19:28 pm »

Dehucka is right. 9 out of 10 times if you ask a player is he going to hunt someone they will tell you no, im not ready to fight. Unless that person is attacked by someone who fails they feel their character is no yet adequately mastered/equip'd to be fighting because they want to be as close to 100% kill or survival as possible. Rewards for fighting other players isn't a bad way to go if it is your wish to promote fighting with other players...

I had an idea sometime ago to replace most manuals... player must slay a certain class or even race, xx many times to obtain the knowledge to learn a certain 'superior skill' which we now have in manuals. I also thought perhaps its a good idea to add some skills classes already have without need of manuals to this.

You could even remove -con on death and instead have your current amount gained toward each one reduced a little instead, making it harder to reach them which would add more fear of death than con loss i think...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 02:21:06 pm by Matthew » Logged

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Raider
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2008, 02:33:20 pm »

Fights are quick, so a failed spell or skill will seal your fate. So you dont want to start a fight being unprepared.
Moon_Face
Premium Member

Ahuna Matata!

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2008, 03:46:44 pm »

Arena is a paradise for newbies, losers and whiner. Why don't you want to return it?

sh*t happens...
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2008, 04:19:52 pm »

- Im all for it...been brought up two or three times by myself alone.  Some sort of implementation to aid pk issues.  More skill in pk..maybe less fear of it?
http://solace.i-read-you.ru/forum/index.php/topic,3611.msg20128.html#msg20128

- Also eliminate the choice of looting from the victorious...force a random looting of x-items equipped and/or inventory, gold.  This would maybe stop some whining since its not the choice of the killer and forces nice people to loot sometimes too.  Course they can always give it back I suppose.
       Though Im no master pk'er or master looter Smiley Getting looted can stimulate the revenge trait and help pk too,  when I get looted I get pissed and try to get my stuff back... Full looting isnt too bad if you can get revenge on the one who looted you, but most times your stuff is OOC'd to 5 other characters before your ghost ends...

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2008, 04:51:34 pm »

- Possibly benefits or bonuses for individual pk

1) This is bad and abuseable but could lead to better idea. Engaging in pk is the only way to improve battle skills/spells to 100%.  Lets say from typical boring cat or bat mastering everyone loves, you can only attain 95% in skills.  Why does swinging at a  lvl 5 bat or cat  make me a master of a weapon or parrying when Im lvl 25 or worse 35?

2) Slaying someone in pk gives you an x amount of time random buff .

3) Slaying more and more in a row without a personal death between gives temporary title (slayer,maimer, etc).  And such title promotes hunting this person to take it perhaps.

4) Permanent pk titles...this also keeps it more rp friendly then a chart.  At certain pk totals you gain a title that can be chosen from a pool of cool titles perhaps by class(though sometimes you might not want to disclose your class). 
"Knucklehead the Valiant"  (knight with 5 confirmed kills)
"Dumbass the Reaver of Souls" (outcast with 10 confirmed kills)
Characters with titles are loved more by thier owners.

5) Slaying in pk can perhaps randomly return lost constitution to victor (but not above normal max)..so to stay alive you must kill, kill, kill

6) After so many hours of non-pk..you gain a negative title.  You know people will hunt these for the fun of it.
"Knucklehead the wimpy" (not sure maybe 500 in game hours of no pk)
"Dumbass the cowardly"

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Moon_Face
Premium Member

Ahuna Matata!

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

Such titles may be recieved in Arena of Coleseum.
Several secceful gladiators fights on arena with different people gives you a title or a tattoo.
Lets return Arena back Smiley

sh*t happens...
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2008, 07:30:11 pm »

Keep in mind that we wish to better PK, without destroying RP... things like gaining back CON hen you kill will not lead to a good direction I feel.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2008, 07:51:09 pm »

Kage - highfice, realy nice ideas.

balanced and interesting.
zzang

« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2008, 07:11:03 pm »

Greetings,
I have an idea to make pk more attractive.
Let players gain fame for pk's, depending on their level and opponents rank. This fame
splits between the players if you kill someone 2vs1, 3vs1 etc.
Define titles for the players before their names like Rank1:Sir, Rank2:Baron, Rank3:Lord etc.
Let players gain benefits depending on their title like some amount of hp, %1 resist to all,
+1,2 save for their each rank(or title) etc.
Fame scales according to your opponent's fame.

Regards.
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2008, 08:30:18 pm »

PK is already attractive Smiley
The problem is - too much ppl quit when they simply see enemy.

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2008, 08:35:49 pm »

Point is... PK is attractive to who knows he can win.
And who uses PWquit uses it with such skill because he knows he will lose.
(No matter what circumstance.)
Giving titles to the ones that win won't make PK more attractive to the
ones afraid of death and loot.
Also... I think honestly that a gang 2 or 3 vs 1 should not give fame if this were even to exist... It should make someone infamous (negative fame). But this is just a comment, since I didn't like the fame idea much anyway...  Grin
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 08:41:26 pm by Argonar » Logged

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
dedraelos
Lifetime Member

« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2008, 08:51:08 pm »

So here's question. Everyone is talking about ways to get people to stop quitting when they know they wil lose, but what about when it's really the best option for someone. When you have 2,3,4,5...yes it's possible, people chasing after you then sometimes quitting is really the only option. This is one of the largest problems with Solace in my opinion. If your strong, and/or you have allies then your enemies not only won't fight you, but they won't play at same time you will. I think it's things like this that keep our online numbers so low.

Anyone have ideas on what to do when your facing 3-5 enemies besides quit?
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2008, 08:58:56 pm »

Pray to the Lords and Ladies and ask for help!!!  Grin
It might just come!
I remember once that Argonar had to face three Heretics to reraid. I summoned a fire elementel that suddenly started up giving fireballs like I've never seen!!  Wink

Lizzy
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2008, 06:50:20 am »

Looted items could only be for the person who loots. If transfered or given away, they disappear. Charmed to only the one who loots.  Grin
Matthew

« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2008, 08:52:30 am »

Rewards for pk will not really work. Characters here are disposable, Person 1 pks alot, gets lots of rewards, stomps person 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. Person 2, 3, 4, 5 etc quits when they see Person 1 evermore. Person one gets bored and makes a new character. Or Person 1 gets his 100% unlimited equipment 100% looted wonders why bothers playing in a game full of jerks and quits playing for a month. Or naked person 1  gets teamed in the city by two imbeciles totally out of RP wonders the same thing and quits playing for a month etc etc.

Returning the power to the character instead of equipment will bring back pk. The problem with this is there is now so much equipment, person 1 will collect lots of extra bonus's so that his character is that much stronger than others.

Personally i would like to fight all the time but i have to spend time collecting the equipment to compete, play a necro or die miserably. Even though alot of equipment was revamped its still a bit hard to get some sometimes. This is because everyone has 10 multi's each covered in mid range equipment and not enough reboots...

Also some characters are able to become so much stronger than others so easily (and theres always some loser playing one.) that no one can compete one on one. I think most peoples pockets are too big, warriors need more, everyone else less.

There are so many things that could fix it one could talk about it forever....

PS. Also introduce items on ground decaying after a time, as it is they will sit forever until a reboot. Books too.

I don't want it back. You can never get rid of the smell, you know. Besides, that dagger was Flint's!
Lizzy
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2008, 09:39:07 am »

Or make a specific PK areas only (enter at your own risk) where there just may be special shinies (limited time shinies) but also where you revert to your natural abilities, skills, strengths according to your race, profession etc.

Rewarding those who DO pk is quiet unbalanced and unfair I guess. For not everyone likes to PK. Maybe some of us just like the adventures, the companionship in adventures, the RP and other less "manly" outbursts of a game?  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length