Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:32:46 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Guilds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Guilds  (Read 27555 times)
gejlord1
« on: March 16, 2008, 05:47:03 pm »

Make guilds no quit place for a classes of a different guild (class).
For example warrior can't quit in wizards guild.
And if he/she loses link in a guild not of his own, he gets thrown out by guild master(before guild guard).

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 05:48:47 pm by Khein » Logged
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:08:28 am »

Lame

p.s. Let's remove PK completely?

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Genocide
Lifetime Member

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 12:20:11 pm »

What's the problem  Huh
unreal

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 01:19:58 pm »

hehe  Grin

For the darkness! Angry
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 01:26:57 pm »

Meh, that would be lame. I propose that guild guards pop only once per reboot!

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Genocide
Lifetime Member

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 02:13:31 pm »

One guild for all classes !!!
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 03:08:02 pm »

- Yeah I was thinking the opposite of this idea.  If you catch someone hiding in their guild , once you attack their guild guard it should prevent them from quitting for a period of time (2 In game hours).  For example if someone was too slow to quit before you attacked their guard and tried to quit it could trigger the message :

>quit

You can't leave the realms...Your guild is under attack!

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 03:11:10 pm »

2nd idea is much better
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 03:13:58 pm »

But then you just leave the guild and quit right? Effect lasts only while inside the guild

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Kage

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 03:17:41 pm »

- nah... trigger it like clan effect, it doesnt stop just when u leave the clan it lingers when powers gone.  Once it triggers they have to come out and fight or try and flee...at least aggressor has a chance to strike the fleeing victim in this case.  Plus in an RP sense..this guild has trained you from your youth...you should be inclined to protect it.  Could be a way to spark experience for future clan joining.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 03:25:16 pm »

But (from RP sense) this would be only with guilds of your hometown, or any guild?
And... what about lawfull dudes who don't attack in the city? How do they protect their guild?

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Kage

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 04:13:47 pm »

- all guilds of any town train their own...not just their hometown, perhaps loyalty to all of their own is possible with some char's rp..though some rp of char's could care less for their guild so they could just flee.  Those who chose to be lawful must decide what their character would do when this happens.  He may defend himself surely...and leave the city if he must as this shouldnt change any char's normal action he would do..since quitting is not any ones core real rp, or shouldnt be  Grin  It could be used as an "opportunity" for rp but of course not enforced like any rp unfortunately. But the main purpose being..to make guild hiders at least having to be aware..and a simple trigger to quit when guild attacked wont be enough.

deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 04:19:46 pm »

What about the range? What if someone gets no-quit by an attacker out of range? How is he to protect the guild in that case? If that be the case, I propose the appearance of the special guards to hunt down the guild guard attackers... Let's say a dozen of them...

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Kage

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 04:31:50 pm »

- again, no one would have to protect the guild...just would be an opportunity to do so.  Im speaking specifically about pk range hunter..attacking pk range prey inside his guild.

gejlord1
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 06:21:18 pm »

I have no problem with getting no-quit while my guild is under attack.
If my first idea gets implemented i am fine with this  Grin

Also would like to add this:
How about making guild trainers aggressive (something like clan inners) to none guild personal?
Not strong as clan inners, but still strong enough to fend of some attackers.
Also they would be using skills/spells of there own guild.

Huh

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 06:56:00 pm by Khein » Logged
Neor
High Member

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 09:09:11 pm »

There are many ideas visited my mind, 'noquit' when guildguard under attack,  guildmaster that attacks no-guildmember are good ideas to think about it.
There is one more thing. Mages and  colors of their robes. They are all have white-robed, red-robed and black-robed guildmasters.
Outcast knight will never meet knight in hid guild and vice versa.
     What about other classes? Clerics? How could it be that priest of Mishakal and priest of Morgion members of one cleric's guild?
I doubt that seasonal assassins and shadow asn. have one master in one guild.
Tuxius

Tuxius/Ruben

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 03:57:38 am »

if you were in an area halfway around the world, how would you know your guards are being attacked? - you wouldn't.

But the idea if you are near the guild (same city/town) that you would get word right away unless the death of a guard was very swift and silent. \ I think THEN the person should feel obligated to stand up and fight for his name his guild's honor or worth, if that person got word and ran from battle then they should be flogged.

But the idea of a thief/assassin sitting in waiting in someone else's guild seems perfectly resonable (even if they quit to pick up where they left off) would be pure rp because I would imagine an assassin or mercenary or whoever would lay waiting like a stake out for their target of choice to come into view.

gejlord1
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 10:12:15 am »

But the idea of a thief/assassin sitting in waiting in someone else's guild seems perfectly resonable (even if they quit to pick up where they left off) would be pure rp because I would imagine an assassin or mercenary or whoever would lay waiting like a stake out for their target of choice to come into view.

Can you imagine thief or assassin hiding in a guild of invokers?
Entire idea is to prevent quiting in a guild....
Neor
High Member

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 03:00:41 pm »

To: Tuxius
To: Khein
To: myself

All that we think here is a very sirous theme. Probaly it will find any place today in this mud. I saw the nice muds with areas with diffrent types of agro mobs. Evil agro mobs attacking only good alligned players and vice versa for evil players. Today It is dificult to the same here in the Solace, cause we have clans like Tower and Heretics.
And, anyway evil clerics didn't allied sometimes, perhaps neutrals also.

P.S. Kesson is here? alter transmuter?
Once I started me and my teammate were atacking a victimg, after 2-3 rounds we fled. Then returned and said in a room:"
Are you here? Bad link? ok we will go."
Then we left him alone.
Second Part. Once I typed Who command, choosed the victim, as evil assassin I din't ask about any duel. When I started I saw that I'm doing well damage, "how could it be? it is abjuration transmuter!" I asked myself and fled. when I returned I looked at him and saw that he is naked. I gave to him spare items and left him. Same things 3 times happened with me, while I was reconnecting I found myself slighly damaged, and atacker always informed me about this.
This time in the Past, The role-pole-game is dying. Perhaps time will change it. It is easy to be skilled player and to decide whom to kill and whom to stay alive. Please remember immortals are doing well for us enough. Please paly RP here. It is not order.

P.S. I like gnome race, and it is simple to RP.
But in the same time I don't like to read their messages like this one:
"HelloI'mBeegernardandI'mfromlittlecityfromsouthErgothwhereIwasteac
hingnortherndiaclectandstudyingmagicdoyouwanttotravelwithme?"
gejlord1
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 10:04:38 pm »

Look, I haven't made this idea because someone killed me and looted me while i was mastering spells, I know better. But because i saw a heretic intentionally quiting in white robe guild, and that is very wrong from my point of view. I think that something should be done about it.  Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length