Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:21:15 pm
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Newbies Section
| | |-+  Clans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Clans  (Read 4334 times)
Tuxius

Tuxius/Ruben

« on: March 22, 2008, 11:33:15 am »

This will be a very newbish question....

Is it worth to try to rp into a clan even if you dont have the correct alignment - saw maybe you need to be neutral or lawful instead of chaotic.. is there ways to rp it and that maybe the gods will change it for you?

Also, even if you do match the criteria via race / class / align - and are rp'ing - is it a good idea for a very new player to attempt to get in?
Rialon

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 04:08:28 pm »

Yes, ethos and alignment can be changed to opposite. I saw a draconian cleric of Mishakal and a lot of other examples.
About clans for newbies - i'd say you'd be meat. But then again, it is the best way to learn how to play the game. Rp wise clans prompt you to roleplay... supposevly.  Smiley
Kage

"He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy."

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 06:17:04 pm »

-  I wouldnt suggest ur first clan attempt be one that requires ethos or alignment change.  I would make a class that is allowed in the clan and hero him...find gear that u can attain on ur own...pk a ton with enemies of the clan u wish to join,then delete him. Then make the character again and try to get in clan with ur new found skills.  While as stated before..u will still be meat.. but worse then that u may be ignored in the clan if they suspect u cant help them and need lots of help.  But I encourage any able to try ... great for population of clans...and fodder heh.

-The best part about this conversation... is we never have to have it again.                             - Archangel Gabriel
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 07:51:19 pm »

Just a comment on the ethos and alignment change... As Rialon has said... it is possible, but not likely to happen I suppose. If you really want to, better to write a role I suppose. About clans... I guess it's alright for someone not much experient to try and get in... If it is a clan that already has some members, it will be an excellent opportunity for learning about PK, areas, where to find shinies... all that borin' stuff  Grin
But... if you are unlucky enough to remain alone most of the time... you are just going to find being in the clan a pain in the ***.  Grin

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Tuxius

Tuxius/Ruben

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:55:06 pm »

I see.  Thanks for the information Smiley It seemed like a good idea and a bad idea at the same time.  Especially since i have zero pk experience under my belt.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length