Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:07:47 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Skills vs spells
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Skills vs spells  (Read 16513 times)
deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 03:54:18 am »

kick failing is like when trying to kick someone in no style or any other style than dragon or wyvern... might as well bash...

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
Raider
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 05:16:01 am »

fighters rely too much on unblockable damage, since almost everyone blocks too well. So a failed ("You swing your maces wildly but fail to hit anything") drum is very bad. And even if it goes through, it is like just 50-60% to stun with drum.

But, skills should be buffed, damage and chances. No spells nerfing.
Genocide
Lifetime Member

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 07:05:16 am »

I think you are talking about invoker damaging spells. But, as you said invoker NEED a lot of prepared spells that he does not have. Invoker do not have sanc, harden, displac, protection align and so on. And imagin invoker without all those spellups and with a chance of failing spell. In this situation invoker in nothing and his name is noone. So i can yell too: return mana shield to invokers, improved invis, mastery !
dehucka
Lifetime Member

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 08:31:59 am »

i think mace spec for fighters is SUPERB, i got dismembers drumming hits with all protection of transmutter and obliterates from outrages at low ranks, i wonder what i will get at hero.

seasonal assassin with uncanny dodge - of course you will fail your drumm - haste, good AC. your dex and his dex

no any improve for fighters.

50-60% chance of stun (not like bash but 2-2 rounds) it s best holding thing in Solace Wink

Raider
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 11:06:33 am »

Drum was the best in old times, right now enemies flee from so called perma-2-2-lag.
Not even counting low chances to perform drum, low chances to stun. So, it is not good, and that is why no one uses it.
And damage is not that high, it is 2-5 half-damage attacks. Which is the same as cross slice. I made a mace focus fighter in past, was thinking the same: "drum is permalag, so with 130 dr i can kill things before they react". In reality.. drum fails to stun often, all round attacks are blocked, and defense with maces is low.
Crush is now unreliable too. Maybe its just because of minotaur's low dex. Who knows. And bleed+boneshatter is not enough to lower stats and lower parries.

After all.. i'd pick daggers, whips and staff or axe for minotaur non-heretic fighter.
All other specs are gimped in some ways and 25 dex potions do wonders for minotaurs.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:15:47 am by Raider » Logged
Critic

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 12:46:06 pm »

i think mace spec for fighters is SUPERB, i got dismembers drumming hits with all protection of transmutter and obliterates from outrages at low ranks, i wonder what i will get at hero.

no any improve for fighters.

50-60% chance of stun (not like bash but 2-2 rounds) it s best holding thing in Solace Wink

don't mix.
you had such damage from heretic with 3 focus maces and high dr from clothes.

Chance - crap, we ranked up about 10 ranks, I saw at his "dazes" to mermaids - one per four attempts...

Also, lag from drum: 2.1:2, so you can flee easy.

Vsem piz*i, a krilya mne!
Lirion
Premium Member

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 02:49:48 pm »

I gotta agree with deda on this one... Thorak on full offensive and with bloodthirst has over 100 hitroll, and I hit zero attacks against Lirion, for example (season assassins, half-elf). Of course... he may have Uncanny Dodge (or Blinding Speed, that also helps), season assassin has good defense skills... but zero attacks? Fight against him is fully dependent on drumming maces+outrage... and I miss a great deal of drumming maces... while that he's kicking me or throwing me... skills that seem to fail rarely(or never) once mastered.

Dear Argonar, and what was expected? Though log it was not kept... That that I have quickly gone and have reached your clan... But as far as I remember - there was Dirt kick, Caltraps, Latch.... As still after that on legs to stand, I do not speak already about that to get from a hands... So as a whole druming maces are quite balanced.

If you have log - show it. Very funny. To me has strongly carried.

deda

Obnoxious IRC whining alien dog

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 06:25:47 pm »

I confirm. It was very funny... and embarassing, so I gave him an advice or two...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 03:18:28 pm by deda » Logged

Make yourself all honey
...and the flies shall devour you

... Keep on rotting in the free world!...
omledufromage

See you space cowboy...

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 07:53:09 pm »

I don't get the message... yes  i had caltraps and etc... you had boneshatter...
And true, i was not mounted, although there are reasons for that. I don't get what it has to do with drumming maces... besides last time we fought before that one, I won and fought the same way.

c'mon, just relax and try to imagine that you're just a letters on the screens of other people Grin
Lirion
Premium Member

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 08:15:39 pm »

I dont detect boneshatter. Seems you missed. I dont tell any about mount. Smiley
Fight before: I was really slowed by outer world. In fact some people on my work just stay above me and say something like: Ooo... its game? And what about? If to know that my boss sitting in next room.. talking about games in work time wasnt so good for me. So I dont watch much on situation and got problems I must to have for my playing from work.. Smiley I can say: You killed me. It was. Its right. But next time I has shown how I fight when not slowed. And its why you not won in next battle...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 08:32:35 pm by Lirion » Logged
Nierth
Your bane, your curse
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 08:28:27 am »

Lirion, Argonar, stop offtopic here please.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length