Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:41:56 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  Bards
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bards  (Read 5639 times)
Trinli

« on: November 07, 2005, 03:43:04 am »

Couldn't help but notice that Bards are available, but locked. I may have been one of the VERY few people who liked bards back in the original, but I am still currious if/when there is a plan for unlocking them. I for one would love to bug check em, but then I'm not really quallified.

P.S.
Hope some people out there remember little ol' me.

Trinli
The Song is my Life and my Purpose

Trinli
jemma
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 04:52:41 am »

I do Cheesy but you already know that Cheesy

Yes, few of us like bards, and liked having them around too. So maybe up the track, bards will make a comeback? Smiley
kodziro
Premium Member

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 04:54:57 am »

agree
what the problem with bards?
why they were removed? were they TOO imbalanced?

Lord Solinari
Immortal

Lord of White Magic

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 05:50:04 am »

As I understood it at the time, there were a considerable number of small, or sometimes not so small, bugs with various bard skills.  It was never a matter of unbalance, but of new things to fix occuring constantly.  There are a good number of other innovative new ideas in-progress at the moment, so bards will be returned when we have the time to ensure all is well with them, and correct what isn't.  Such is my understanding, at least Smiley
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 08:42:23 am by Lord Solinari » Logged

Know all who channel the arcane, who put the cause of innocents above their own, and who serve the world instead of rule it, that Lord Solinari walks with you.
jemma
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 06:32:03 am »

As I understood it at the time, there were a considerable number of small, or sometimes not so small, bugs with various bard skills.  It was never a matter of unbalance, but of new things to fix occuring constantly.  There are a good number of new ideas in-progress at the moment, so bards will be returned when we're able to ensure all is well with them.  Such is my understanding, at least Smiley

Neat. Thanks for the information. Good to know what's happening. Smiley
Niano
Lifetime Member

When your fire goes out, so too shall mine...

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 06:47:41 am »

Finally, some answers. God, i've been petitioning for ever to get bards back, i'm glad to hear their might be a chance. Yes, I, oh dear, i'm too excited now, better go lie down...

When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs up on the tables and lock the universe behind me when I leave.
Trinli

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 07:30:07 am »

Thanks for the info, nice to hear they're being worked on, no class is quite like them.

And what is this? A fellow bard? Which path do you perfer? I'm partial to jester, though I suppose this isn't the place for such a question.

Trinli
Lord Solinari
Immortal

Lord of White Magic

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 08:45:36 am »

I don't recommend holding your breath too tightly, could be harmful to your health Roll Eyes
But don't think we've forgotten either.  A lot of things going on (in development/whatever) means some have to wait while others have their turn, but all will have their turn when we get to them Smiley

Know all who channel the arcane, who put the cause of innocents above their own, and who serve the world instead of rule it, that Lord Solinari walks with you.
Valeria
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 08:58:02 am »

Couldn't help but notice that Bards are available, but locked. I may have been one of the VERY few people who liked bards back in the original, but I am still currious if/when there is a plan for unlocking them. I for one would love to bug check em, but then I'm not really quallified.

P.S.
Hope some people out there remember little ol' me.

Trinli

Wow!  That brings back memories!  Trinli, I remember you hanging around Market Square singing your songs.  I would love to see you come back and bring your music to the lands again, its been too quiet... Wink 

Maybe you can cut a special deal for a one time bardship while they get worked out...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length