Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:29:54 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Newbies Section
| | |-+  Ranger Guide
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ranger Guide  (Read 3119 times)
Sirrion

« on: September 28, 2005, 06:21:16 pm »

(Delmor):
My honest advice is, specialize in flails. There are strong swords around the world, but less people are capable of using flails, which makes who ever can ise them better for damaging. Few can parry flails and you cannot use shield block does not work against flails and works worse against whips.
I was stupid of specializing in swords when i made my ranger.
Another advice, chose your affinity according to your roleplay... lots of people told me I should be bison cause his resistances plus mionotaurs resistances would make me overpower, but i chose bear because i imagined myself more offensive then defensive when I would be fighting. If you imagine yourself as a skilled hunter, perhaps you should be wolf or panther or even falcon(I do not know what falcon affinity does..) and if you imagine yourself as a resistant person that stands firmly where she wishes to defend, perhaps bison. These are just...well... one way of thinking.. I think your character will be much more fun and efficient if you know why he is the way he is. Why panther and not wolf? because one is stronger then the other... I do not believe in that, i think one has its utilities and other has its other utilities. I being bear gave quite more damage than other rangers of my rank... but one didn't have lag when camouflaging, other would be better in resisting... etc...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Geryon):
A ranger can choose an animal to have an affinity with. Different affinities provide different powerups. Say, bison is more healthy and resisted against physical attacks, panther can move camouflaged etc.

Imho, a ranger should choose flails. Eyejab, strip weapon and lash are crucial skills. And if you want to defend yourself - you always have your staff and stand off.

(kendermore):
bear affinity gives ya some boost to hr/dr, hp, con and str.

(ukka):
panther - camouflage without lag, creeping without skill, ambushing better (I think so)
bison - some resistances, health and probably saves (I'm not sure about the last)

И поэтому я так бегу по дороге
С патефоном волшебным в тележке своей.
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 02:42:42 pm »

Post the idea in builders' section, Area Defects (though it should be named Area Defects and Suggestions).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length