Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:24:38 am
Check the old forum > Home Help Login Register
News: --------------------------------
Non official version
skal.ru 4000
--------------------------------
1.5 player is in MUD and chromatic is already stored (c)

--------------------------------
Registration is disabled due to numerous spam bots.

+  Solace MUD Official Forum
|-+  Solace Development
| |-+  Ideas
| | |-+  idea2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: idea2  (Read 4708 times)
master
« on: November 07, 2005, 01:43:24 pm »

Just one more idea before i leave.

If some char do some thing very often, he could get trait related to that thing. For example, if someone is practicing spells a lot of time, he could get trait which will give him +1 int and +20 mana. Traits do not have to be positive. Sitting in the guild while he practices spells could give him trait 'ill health', for example -1 str -10 hp. If one char is walking a lot he could get trait 'runner', for example +1 dex +20 stamina. He could also get trait 'explorer' which would give him for example +20 stamina. If someone talks too much, trait would be 'speechcraft' and it would give him 10% discount from traders in shops. Also, if someone is doing buying and selling very often, he could get trait 'mercantile' which could also give him 10% discount from traders. And so on, there could be much more such traits, and the more, the better.

Btw. this is my last post. I am retiring from forum.
It is time to do that
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 01:46:34 pm by retired » Logged
Quino

Vicious IRC marauder

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 12:51:43 am »

Man, it's a MUD, not a Fallout! Smiley

You have to get rid of the Russians. 90% of these maggots play this game just to cheat and piss off the others [...] who roleplay
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 02:16:35 am »

I like the idea, anyone other supporting it? Smiley
jAx
Lifetime Member

Kingdoms are forged by war...

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 02:17:24 am »

Seems like something fun and new that would be cool to try out

Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.
Valeria
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 04:18:14 am »

If some char do some thing very often, he could get trait related to that thing. For example, if someone is practicing spells a lot of time, he could get trait which will give him +1 int and +20 mana. Traits do not have to be positive. Sitting in the guild while he practices spells could give him trait 'ill health', for example -1 str -10 hp.

This sounds pretty neat, but I think maybe it would be best as an enhancement of limited duration, or for as long as whatever it is that enhances the trait continues.  So, how natures grace only continues for as long as the character is in woods, these could be similar. 

So for example, the additional moves trait (from lots of walking) only continues as long as the char keeps the walking going.  Once they stop and do something else, maybe it goes away. And as long as the char sits in guild practicing spells, the +1 int stays, and then if they venture out and walk around, after a while the +1 int goes away.

I think that could be interesting too!
Habbakuk
The Skylord
Immortal

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 11:01:32 am »

There are two basic ways to introduce traits:

- some constant (more-or-less constant) affects are gained when a certain number of certain actions is performed
- some temporary affects are gained when a certain number of certain actions is performed and and remain with you while you are continue to perform those actions constantly
Moon_Face
Premium Member

Ahuna Matata!

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 11:20:11 am »

Hm, i think it is whole new field for ideas...
You may implement several hidden features, which will take effect if  number of something achieved during any period... For axample if you master spells too much in one place, your strength and dextrity lowers. You need to move a bit be always in tonus Smiley

sh*t happens...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length